What's new

The Dev Shack #04 – Share Clan Duties & Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pideaux

Reaction score
What I really want to know is how long a clan can keep the fame in their inventory. This would be GREAT for allowing members to save GC that they would have to use on WH inventory to keep the map supplied as well if you are able to hold it and give it as needed to people running for rex.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
محمد.الصغير said:
you must deserve fame with hard working !
Fame is not automatically distributed between clan members. Whoever is in charge of distributing fame can see exactly who put the most effort into gaining fame for the clan, and provide fame points accordingly. In the end, it is up to the clan leader :)

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Sandysauce said:
So, if you own the claim, do you automatically get the fame or does that go into the clan fame inventory too?
Claims will not have single owners any more; rangers will need to be in a clan to be able to supply claims, and as soon as it is supplied, it will be owned by the whole clan. All fame output will go to the clan inventory first, and needs to be manually distributed from there.

Edit: In theory, you could still choose to be the only member in a 1-ranger clan.

Reaction score
Narokath said:
Sandysauce said:
So, if you own the claim, do you automatically get the fame or does that go into the clan fame inventory too?
Claims will not have single owners any more; rangers will need to be in a clan to be able to supply claims, and as soon as it is supplied, it will be owned by the whole clan..
worst idea ever ! * this just makes the game extremly unballenced ! also a lot of people will create secondary account to supply buildings ! there is too much reasons this idea is bad i can't even list them all

*Edited by Faye
Reason:
[url=http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=9803 said:
Forum rules[/url]"]{a} Tone
Please do not resort to verbal outbreaks or attacks. Always treat others in the same way that you would want to be treated yourself. Deliberate provocation (or “trolling”) of others is not permitted. Always remember that your post will be read by other human beings, feelings and all.

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Narokath said:
Sandysauce said:
Claims will not have single owners any more; rangers will need to be in a clan to be able to supply claims, and as soon as it is supplied, it will be owned by the whole clan. All fame output will go to the clan inventory first, and needs to be manually distributed from there.

Edit: In theory, you could still choose to be the only member in a 1-ranger clan.
With the way the game works, 1-ranger clans don't work all that great for earning fame. If its owned by the whole clan, does that mean you still can't spawn at buildings owned by that clan, if you've been killed after attacking a building of that clan?

Reaction score
DS player usually join clans because they feel confortable with them and can have nice chat with you prefered luanguage. now your choice will be biassed and have to join more powerfull clans even if you can't bond well with them.
(and speaking about the verbal thing, i was just showing a point and it was not personal at all)

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
Hmm, now that I think about it this might actually be more positive than negative. There are some bad scenarios that could come from this, but it would eliminate back-stabbing clanmates who throw supplies into a claim when they know that it's supposed to be yours. And it would allow a person to run for sheriff while still having a life.

Still, I do think that it would be good to at least warn players before they supply a building that it will be owned by the clan and that they might not get anything in return for supplying it.

Reaction score
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:
There are some bad scenarios that could come from this, but it would eliminate back-stabbing clanmates who throw supplies into a claim when they know that it's supposed to be yours
if you can suck fame from someone else supply, then everyone will make second and thirds account so that they supply their building without losing their precious gold count ! or even make gold hacker able to get their friend to the top.

an alternate idea is to make players be able to un-supply their building so that they give it to their mates. that is probably the same thing without this unfair unballence.
i suppose that the developers want to make some clans more attracting to players. there are other ways to do that like updating clan boosters (give CB levels and different drop rates)

Pideaux

Reaction score
محمد.الصغير said:
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:
There are some bad scenarios that could come from this, but it would eliminate back-stabbing clanmates who throw supplies into a claim when they know that it's supposed to be yours
if you can suck fame from someone else supply, then everyone will make second and thirds account so that they supply their building without losing their precious gold count ! or even make gold hacker able to get their friend to the top.

an alternate idea is to make players be able to un-supply their building so that they give it to their mates. that is probably the same thing without this unfair unballence.
i suppose that the developers want to make some clans more attracting to players. there are other ways to do that like updating clan boosters (give CB levels and different drop rates)
After all the recent clean-ups of DS, I don't think anyone in their right mind would be risking having two accounts, so there is very little worry about that. Besides, you would need to make MANY accounts to even have a sizeable amount of GC to get enough fame for much of anything. It would be a complete waste of time in my opinion. Everything is pretty self explanatory and it is a great idea for many reasons. The good outweighs the bad with this update. Can't wait to see it!

rajazribi

Reaction score
Pideaux said:
محمد.الصغير said:
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:

It would be a complete waste of time in my opinion.!
trust i have seen so many player making multipe account to attack building, so why can't they do the same thing to supply them

rajazribi

Reaction score
i think that this idea is a little nice despite that it have some bad outcomes. but clan wars are still so uncommon and you have to fix this

Reaction score
suppose that you made a second account, you would get 50 gc from email verification + 50 gc for completing first chapiter ( doesn't take half an hour) + other bonuses.. that would get you more than +125 gc from a single account wich can purshase 25 supply charge. a single supply gives 3k of fame (claim). 3k x 25 = 75k fame ! do you think 75 k of fame is'nt so much ?

Reaction score
players should get a little percentage of fame they are supplying. smth like 25% to 75%.
it would be awesome if every clan have a different option for the sharing of fame. clan leader can change that parameter from 0 to 100%. it would be like capitalism/comunism chart.

Pideaux

Reaction score
محمد.الصغير said:
players should get a little percentage of fame they are supplying. smth like 25% to 75%.
it would be awesome if every clan have a different option for the sharing of fame. clan leader can change that parameter from 0 to 100%. it would be like capitalism/comunism chart.
Here's an idea: If you don't like the way the leader chooses to format the way fame is given out (((join a different clan))). Problem solved.

tigerbeast54321

Reaction score
I have to disagree with this one. the high levels with big clans will definitely love this because they'll choose who gets Rex and who doesn't.( it is sort of like that all ready). the alliances can ban people from getting one .and like 3 clans will own everything with no battle or competition and game will get way to boring and people will leave it. ( THE PART i disagree with is leader and officers distributing it to their clan members(it'll be LOTS of unfairness) and its hard to get supply kits without ds+ so many people will give up game.)

tigerbeast54321

Reaction score
tigerbeast54321 said:
I have to disagree with this one. the high levels with big clans will definitely love this because they'll choose who gets Rex and who doesn't.( it is sort of like that all ready). the alliances can ban people from getting one .and like 3 clans will own everything with no battle or competition and game will get way to boring and people will leave it. ( THE PART i disagree with is leader and officers distributing it to their clan members(it'll be LOTS of unfairness) and its hard to get supply kits without ds+ so many people will give up game.) .level 25s and under will switch clans so much trying to see who is fair just wasting gold coins to give someone else some fame.. and no smaller clans will hardly ever rise.

Reaction score
tigerbeast54321 said:
the high levels with big clans will definitely love this because they'll choose who gets Rex and who doesn't.( it is sort of like that all ready).(it'll be LOTS of unfairness) and its hard to get supply kits without ds+ so many people will give up game.
not neccessarly, there would still be someone who become a sheriff at a constant rate. no matter what you do, some one will become a sheriff ever 2 weeks ( unless no one applies of course). the only way to make it easier to get a trex is to make the election period shorter !.
non-paying users would love this idea tho. because they can get fame in exchange of protecting claims (or you know, making fake accounts as i said before)

tigerbeast54321

Reaction score
محمد.الصغير said:
tigerbeast54321 said:
the high levels with big clans will definitely love this because they'll choose who gets Rex and who doesn't.( it is sort of like that all ready).(it'll be LOTS of unfairness) and its hard to get supply kits without ds+ so many people will give up game.
not neccessarly, there would still be someone who become a sheriff at a constant rate. no matter what you do, some one will become a sheriff ever 2 weeks ( unless no one applies of course). the only way to make it easier to get a trex is to make the election period shorter !.
non-paying users would love this idea tho. because they can get fame in exchange of protecting claims (or you know, making fake accounts as i said before)
i didn't know that u get fame for protecting.whatever they do i hope it is just and makes sense, we can agree on this right :D

Reaction score
yo opino-que eso es lo que menos importa por que nos quitan mucha fama con protección deberian preocuparse en eso y sacar códigos para los que están empezando recien . :mrgreen:

Slaideer..

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Slaideer..
Clan
StormNight
i no like this

Albenira

Reaction score
I think is good.
Who have caim take the redwards in to the caln inventory ant then cal leader and officers can give fame to other players :geek:

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
u can think is a good thing, when a trex rider take claim, and the fame that he make, can go to you char.
because a sherrif dont need fame. but, when u buy a lot of sc, and all fame u made, go to leader's girlfriend, who are lvl 15, and even a plus account she have, but win sherrif seat with 5 million fame? what u think about spend your money, and dont have the right about where and when u make fame? is too many power to give to one player.

Pideaux

Reaction score
Do you guys really think that anyone is going to remain in a clan where the leader is unfair with fame? No. And if there is a clan that does that, soon enough they will be overtaken by a clan that is more fair and pleases as many people as possible. It's not a big deal and doubtful it will happen...

Mainart25

Reaction score
My God you want to end the game? why not get him out of the air since this will end the game that is already bad ... The moral is put that I stop playing. :devilish: :devilish: :oops:

Reaction score
I suggest that we have clan allies and enemies as well! Clan allies will be marked with a color and enemies with another. Allies can't attack each other and enemies job is to kill each other.

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
Pideaux said:
Do you guys really think that anyone is going to remain in a clan where the leader is unfair with fame? No. And if there is a clan that does that, soon enough they will be overtaken by a clan that is more fair and pleases as many people as possible. It's not a big deal and doubtful it will happen...
oh yes, pide. we are playing in a game that all clan leaders are fair, and anyone need pvp protection, of course, and all players of all clans can have a nice t-rex, if they want :LOL: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.