What's new

The Dev Shack #04 – Share Clan Duties & Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Welcome back to the Dev Shack!

• Hello rangers :) This time we tackle a core gameplay aspect of Dino Storm’s endgame head-on.
    If you have joined the ranks of a clan to improve your chances of winning the Sheriff’s office,
    you will find this very interesting! As always, we are very keen on your personal opinion;
    if this Dev Shack raises questions for you, please feel free to ask!

We would be happy if you joined the discussion below. Thank you for commenting and for playing!

This is How We Are Going to Improve the Sharing of Clan Duties

The Current State: The Lonesome Cowboy and his Claim

• Operating a Claim, Teleport Gate or Spawn Camp is no easy task: Once supplied, potential attackers are never far. Of course, clanmates can help with fending off attackers—but adding supplies? Retrieving fame items? These tasks can only be carried out by the operator. He/she is in charge and must be present at least for refilling in time before supplies run out, which makes operating a site a very time-consuming job.

We feel that there is no need to limit the operation of Claims, Teleport Gates and Spawn Camps to just one ranger each. Even when a clan chooses to push a single ranger to reach a particular office at the townhall, we think it should be possible for all clan members to take an active part in adding supplies and retrieving fame items from sites.

Operating sites is limited to one ranger at a time; clanmates can only help with defending the site

In the Future: Teamwork, Naturally

• Soon, ALL members of a clan will be able to supply Claims and Travel Gates, and ALL of the fame output will go to the clan inventory first. In order to keep track of which clan member donated how many supplies, we are adding statistics to the clan window. These will make it easier for clan leaders to distribute fame items from the clan inventory.

Clan leaders can also grant other clan members the rights for distributing fame items, so that no one misses out on clan fame just because its leader is on vacation ;) How fame items get to be distributed among clan members is completely up to you—the new statistics are just there to provide the relevant information.

All clan members can participate in adding supplies and retrieving fame items from sites

Forum Discussion

• We think that these changes will come as a relief to those who have spent countless hours next to
    their Claim, Teleport Gate or Spawn Camp in the past. Finally, all clan members can share all the responsibilities that come with operating sites and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.
    What is your opinion?

We Want Your Feedback!
¡Queremos tu opinión!
Nós queremos a sua opinião!
Sag uns was Du denkst!
Donnez-nous votre avis !

Reaction score
abdullah.mason said:
I think this is the best idea ever!!!!!!!!! no one ever shares claims of spawns.
no it is'nt, you can always get the claim either from a friend of yours or attack an enemie. also it is natural for MMOs that strong players get all the advancement. why would you be goal-oriented to get a high lvl ranger if you have to share claim with your clan ?
the update we need instead is to give a reward for attacking claims that has been held so long so that intense battles happens more often. id like to see what @narokath think

Pideaux

Reaction score
Ahhhh finally. I love it. Tho tbh I'd love to see even more options for clans implemented, especially with officer 'duties' (like a choice of allowing certain officers to be able to do everything as far as accepting, expelling, applying items etc while some officers only allowed to apply items or accept members). An information area where leaders can input information (like what map the clan is located in, the officers names of the clan, enemies or allies, etc) that is visible for anyone who might want to join the clan. ;-;

Pideaux

Reaction score
Also for everyone saying that they don't agree with this, years ago you used to be able to supply claims even if you didn't own it (as long as you were in the same clan) - This was great for a number of reasons and I'm glad to see it return (now all we need back is outlaw hunters!)

Also, in addition to my previous post, something else to consider might be a way to look up users IN your clan but typing their name in. It's difficult to scour through 30-50 pages of clan members, looking for one particular member to either expel or grant clan items to. Would be a huge relief.

alekjoao98

Reaction score
I totally agree with this, seems quite fair for every clan and look like a more team-job responsability. It's a nice improvement for every clan, i hope to see more fair updates like this in the future of Dino Storm.

If you let me suggest something hmmm... for Town Elections i'd like them to be more responsable for example:
Current Offices states:

°Ranger (Lazy job)
°Governor (Lazy job)
°Sheriff (Lazy job) lol

In a future update all offices in Town such as Ranger, Governor, Sheriff, Deputy, etc should have a mini-job game.

An example; Sheriff (even retired ones)players should have a small job as the Outlaw Killers, if an outlaw player kill me or any other player, he/she or me can call DV Town for Help, and DV Town with all their money they will supply the Sheriff with tools, such as Teleports, Insta Spawn, etc. And also the Sheriff should be paid per duty with few Dino Dollars and GC for doing a favor to those players who requested for it's help.

Another Example for Governor hmmm, Governor should admin all security in DV, it looks complicated but it could be a nice job-office for all Governors (retired ones also)

The Ranger should have a small job also, just suggesting, those mini-job games would make elections as well offices fun to play for!

-Best Regards & Wishes.

northstarmummy

Reaction score
i not agree with this .. big clans with 3 claims will after a while have so much fame in inventory so no small clan with one claim have any chance to win sheriffs ...

teketubi_lok

Reaction score
ESTA PERFECTO !!!! SERIA EXCELENTE QUE TODA ESA FAMA SE ALMACENE EN UN INVENTARIO SECUNDARIO YA QUE EL QUE ES USADO POR EL CLAN PUEDE TENER 2 PAGINAS Y SERIA PERJUDICIAL Y QUE EL QUE DISTRIBULLA ESA FAMA SEA ÚNICAMENTE EL LÍDER :) :D :D

Reaction score
I believe it's very amazing! :D :D

It's will help to all clan members for help everyone to do fame... And sometimes they aren't On and we lost the fame that the building does for us. I hope this update coming soon 'cause it's a real relief for everyone. :D :D :D :D :D ;) :) :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Also I'm agree with Pideaux... I will like the option to search someone on the clan window, Is very dificult search for all pages (30 pages) looking someone for kicked or give enhancers.

:D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D

Reaction score
jonathan.martin"It's will help to all clan members for help everyone to do fame. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote said:
indeed that's why i don't like, you must deserve fame with hard working !
no need to be overhyped with updates then whine about them when you you find out the game became worse, just like the lvl 40 update.
this is the second dev shack i don't like, but i still like the idea of having outlaw hunters back

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
So, if you own the claim, do you automatically get the fame or does that go into the clan fame inventory too?
If so, thats bad. That would be my only complaint about this update.

19andre

Reaction score
Não seria mais simples abaixar o tempo da eleição? São 14 dias, 27 T-rex ao ano :geek: :geek: ... Exemplo Am-1 tem mais de 2000 mil jogadores :geek: :geek: , quanto menor for o tempo de Xerife, mais dinheiro vocês iram obter... :D :D :D
Outra coisa, porque mexer em uma coisa inútil em certo ponto :oops: :oops: :oops: , poderia colocar novos dino, armas, tecs :?: :?: :?: ... Isso faria do jogo mais famoso, e a quantidade de jogadores aumentaria... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

19andre

Reaction score
:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
Why go back to what was taken? the game needs new things not live in the past! Because they can not put more '' TECs, implants, weapons, dinos '' if you were to live only Sheriff, the game will fail because the T-rex is not such a charm ...
The game lost many players, it was not for fame not guilty, but by the time of the election, Sheriff take 14 days long ... many have no patience to wait for so long .... 27 T-rex annually, that's just in my server ...
If this update were possible, there would be three places in sheriff's election? if you have neither update because iram lose more players rather than maintaining or increasing ....

A

Anonymous

Like the idea of expansion control to the clans, as improvements for better aministração, have ideas to share, have been described on the ability of a leader to choose the functions of an official, for example, use only Boster, accepting people, or expel, it would facilitate the work of many leaders.
Also like the ability to search members, as the search for friends.
That of another member, power load a acampento, another member of mine, I do not know what to say, may be good for people with little time, but also very easy to '' play ''. Distribute fames collections, something strange can be good to help a specific person, evil can cause internal problems as the poor distribution by leaders. (Which has nothing to do with his work).
Still'm enjoying seeing finally plans to improve the game since a long time I see something new. (In addition to bugs, problems on servers, among other negative things.)

America 1 .

* My first comment *

Attachments

Reaction score
In America_1 you need 1'000.000 fame :LOL: And in America_1 we have a alliance and exist a list for Sheriff and gobernor. We are 7 clans in the alliance and we need help to do fame when the enemigies (Clans with over 15 Rex)... In Americ_1 this update will help much, but I don't know in others servers :eek: :eek: :?: :sneaky:

Reaction score
محمد.الصغير said:
jonathan.martin"It's will help to all clan members for help everyone to do fame. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote said:
indeed that's why i don't like, you must deserve fame with hard working !
no need to be overhyped with updates then whine about them when you you find out the game became worse, just like the lvl 40 update.
this is the second dev shack i don't like, but i still like the idea of having outlaw hunters back
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In America_1 you need 1'000.000 fame :LOL: And in America_1 we have a alliance and exist a list for Sheriff and gobernor. We are 7 clans in the alliance and we need help to do fame when the enemigies (Clans with over 15 Rex)... In Americ_1 this update will help much, but I don't know in others servers :eek: :eek: :?: :sneaky:

Pideaux

Reaction score
All fame will go in to a 'clan inventory', from how I understand it. Then the leader will be able to distribute fame as they see fit to certain members. Looveeee it. Especially since I'll probably run around supplying most everything, and the people that need the fame can gain off my supplies kkkk.

(also LOL mooooneyyy) agreeddd

DonX

Reaction score
What's the fun Of that ? you guys are destroying this game , one never will lider distribute fame correctly, it is work that will give people who are officers, the complaint to distribute fame, this game is for fun , not to break head to distribute fame, one has to fight to get the rex ... my god this is going to bankruptcy , when they took the potions I thought it was the end, but after that just RIP dinostorm if this really happen ....

docgreenthumb

Reaction score
this is a massively unfair idea for a few reasons.............the prices for gold per where you are from is ridiculously unfair..example- some one from Brazil can get 3-4 times as much for the equal amount of money against someone buying from the U.S

Some will be online so much and can do whatever for anyone.

All in all, this is about the same as account sharing....someone doing it for others...

If you did this someone could supply something once and then never even need to log in and even do anything

The other ideas you have introduced flawed badly too, with the exception of the PVP protection

But this is insane and more unfair than anything done so far.....

ShogunOfDoom

Reaction score
ya know it will b nice if ya fix game crash or at least to tell us how much tera ram we need 2 play the game and not to crash
this issue is already reported via ticket system and this kind of problem there was on pg back in 2012 or maybe was 2013, sry i m 2 lazy 2 check in my personal database about exact dates, and was fixed really fast but here it seems no1 care

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
:eek: Well... I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this right now. I'm thinking that this could completely screw up the elections. It seems like during peace time people will be able to do nothing and still just slide up the elections as the clan saves up fame. And then even when there is war or competition for office a clan leader could just suddenly drop 5 billion fame on their lvl 1 girlfriend/boyfriend and give them sheriff. I think that this is an interesting idea and it is addressing a real problem in the game, but it might be good to think carefully about how much control you're giving to the clan leaders. :confused:

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
before, the commitment of a player in making fame, spending a lot of real money, or hunting hundreds of hours to make dollars and win the auction, gave the victory on sheriff's office, a taste of victory and well done work. T-rex comes as a gift, for so hard work. Now, just be the preferred of clan leader? those who buy supplies, is not given assurance that they will only who collect what they bought? will stand beside the building is not needed, if someone does, just enough for me to gather fame. Therefore, besides unfair, it is ridiculous. do not make it happen :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
please tell me you wont make all these devshacks happen ! some of them are so bad...
personally i think 2013 dinostorm is the golden version of the game, i would even play DS with paid membership if you bring these features back:
_outlaw hunters ( personally i prefer them to be beatable and not have infinte armor)
_shorter auction bids / free supply charge
_no slowing down when hit
_beleive it or not, lvl 25 max is a lot better than lvl 40: it so more fun and easy acheivable plus you can find more players equal to your lvl.
sadly the devs don't care at all about what most players want, it is all about pushing them to purshace gold.
-------------------
and most importantly, that's why arera stopped funding you. they know that it is'nt a safe bet because the number of active players will drop down quickly

RagexxXXX

Reaction score
@_@ OHH. WHY DONT YOU GUYS JUST MAKE IT EASIER TO GET THE TYRANOSAURUS REX. BECAUS ONE WRONG MOVE FOR ALL PLAYERS THEY CAN'T GET IT. DUE TO THE DOMINATING CLANS. PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER
:x :x :x :x :x

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
So lets say I supply a spawn, I collect and it goes to the clan inventory and the leader gives it to someone else? im gonna be ticked beyond belief because I just spent money on the game and someone else gets the reward. this is very unlogical, this is going to cause people to stop buying coins because they will benefit off others along with people who do buy coins to move up will stop because their hard work is going to someone else. I sugest that if you supply it 75% of the the items will go to you and the other 25% to the clan inventory. The player still needs to profit who spent the money. My opinion.

Pideaux

Reaction score
Well, no, you wouldn't be angry because you would know full well that this was going to happen before you supplied the camp. If you WERE angry after being told that only your clan would get the fame and you STILL supply... kinda your own problem?

Most clans in AM 1 have their mines and spawns dictated by their clan leaders already. I'm sure most other clans do as well in other servers. If you can't trust your leader to give out fame accordingly, then maybe you shouldn't be in that clan? Just saying. No one is going to win rex by gaining 12-20 medals a day from a spawn site. They will barely win anything. However, if they apply themselves to what the entire -purpose- of a clan is, they will be recognized and rewarded. Not to mention that if a clan wants to keep things simple, the leader will see who put in how many supplies. It is very simple mathematics to ensure each person is rewarded their due. Personally. I like it. It can easily put a stop to fame hoarders who never help in clan and only join clan after clan depending on what they can make fame off of. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.