What's new

The Dev Shack #02 – Fast & Convenient Ways to Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Welcome back to the Dev Shack!

• Hello rangers :) When our first Dev Shack article came out, it took a few days for comments to really get going—but once the discussion was under way, we were humbled by your thoughtful feedback. Thank you so much! Here is our second piece on that big update on the horizon, showcasing one of the biggest of the upcoming changes. Again, we would love to hear your opinion on it!

We would be happy if you joined the discussion below. Thank you for commenting and for playing!

This is How We Are Going to Improve Getting From A to B

The Current State: Get That Teleport Matrix or Keep Walkin’

• Originally, the Teleport Matrix item could only be used to travel between Teleport Gates, which every zone has two instances of (apart from Dinoville, which only has one). However, we found that using Teleport Gates proved more cumbersome than we wanted it to be—after all, teleporting is supposed to be quick! So in order to make teleporting more fun, we greatly extended the range of possible uses for the Teleport Matrix item with an update in February 2014.

Since that update you can use the Teleport Matrix both for Teleport Gates and for jumping to any active quest, which makes it a great time-saver. However, those with only a few Gold Coins in their pockets sometimes find it hard to get their hands on a Teleport Matrix, since the only way to get one for Dino Dollars is through the auction house. The only alter-native to using a Teleport Matrix is—of course—riding your dinosaur to get from A to B.

The Teleport Matrix item is needed for both jumping to quests and using Teleport Gates

In the Future: Use “Travel Gates” for Dino Dollars

• We plan to combine Spawn Camps and Teleport Gates into a new kind of building called a “Travel Gate”. In short, these are going to provide both recovery for defeated rangers as well as quick travel to any other Travel Gate. There are going to be ten Travel Gates per zone instead of just two (Dinoville will probably have four Travel Gates), so finding one should not be an issue any more as well.

But the best part is this: Using Travel Gates will not require the Teleport Matrix item! All of you will be able to travel through any Travel Gate—as long as it is unlocked and supplied—for just a few Dino Dollars! The traveling fee corresponds to the distance between start and destination gates, and of course you will not be able to travel through Travel Gates that you are just trying to take over. ;)

Pay a few Dino Dollars for traveling between a great number of “Travel Gates”

Forum Discussion

• The above images still look similar, but in practice the new Travel Gates will make a huge difference—at least that is what we think. What is your opinion?

We Want Your Feedback!
¡Queremos tu opinión!
Nós queremos a sua opinião!
Sag uns was Du denkst!
Donnez-nous votre avis !

robin

Reaction score
If this happens ...then what if the players who have stored tons of Teleport matrix in their warhouse ....Will be of no use ...Waste of DD ,maybe GC and Auction Bids which they waited for hours to get the Teleport matrix

gbor001

Reaction score
Sounds good, please do also consider increasing the speed of the Endurance implant, and the speed of Coelo too... that dino is built for speed, thx

fedrinas

Reaction score
Das ist eine sehr gute Idee. Ein großer Vorteil wäre da, dass es mehr Gebäude geben wird und der Druck so von den jetzigen Gebäuden genommen wird. Also alle Spieler haben bessere Chancen an Rufpunkte zu gelangen, wenn sie Gebäude betreiben. Die Gebäude sollten dann auch alle nahezu 24h laufen. Derzeit ist es so, dass Teleporter nur für die Errungenschaft genutzt werden und dann werden sie einfach vergessen.

Die Teleportermarken werden weiterhin für die Questwegverkürzung bleiben. Da ja, wie erwähnt, einige diese Marken angespart haben, um immer welche zu haben.

Da es ja 10 Teleporter pro Außengebiet geben soll, ist noch nicht ganz klar, was mit den Rückzugslagern wird. Werden die parallel bleiben oder wird es eine Verschmelzung laut der Idee geben? Teleporter ist auch gleich Wiederbelebungspunkt wie Rückzugslager? Ist das nur ein Zusatzfeature eines Teleporter, dann blieben die Rückzugslager ja erhalten und können weiter genutzt werden.

Mit der Idee werden auf jeden Fall fest gefahrene Clanstrukturen und serverbeherrschende Situationen aufgebrochen und die ganze Spielerstruktur kann sich neu organisieren. Die Effekte daraus dürften klar sein. Ein erhöhter Spielspaß für alle und eine allgemeine Serverbelebung. Das können reaktivierte Altuser sein und Neulinge.

roter.baron

Reaction score
the updates sounds good but its something we dont need so much we need more game content like new dinosaurs and Story missions that would make the game alot better

SGT_Leonardo

Reaction score
Esta ideia sobre relacionado a atualização, Eu concordo totalmente é um meio mas fácil e simples para todos a minha opinião é simplesmente sim!

rajazribi

Reaction score
i liked the idea , but i hope travel camp don't give you only 20 - 15 fame per medal, because that's like 300 fame max per hours wich is nothing.
i hope you make supply charge purshable with dino-dollar, because it is hard to get 500k fame just with 100 gold at your hands, or atleast make attack building possible with dinodollars because many player make many account just to attack buildings and save gold !
also stop with slowing down player in pvp's that's so annoying !!

rajazribi

Reaction score
if you do that, you are just giving me another reason to leave the game :/ the game has been already unfair by extending the max lvl to 40 so please don't the gameplay as we know it

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Great feedback again, but some of the comments are not related to the topic. They are moved to keep the discussion flowing. Please stay on topic here :)

Ok, now lets reply to some of your questions:

The Supply Camp & Teleporter functionality are merged into a new building called the "Travel Gate". The old buildings will not be available anymore. So you can use the "Travel Gate" to resurrect and to teleport from A to B. The Teleport Matrix can still be used and it is the fastest way to travel, since you don't need to find a close "Travel Gate" building to do so. In addition they are still usable to Teleport to a other locations around the map.

docgreenthumb

Reaction score
I like this idea, but of course a couple of problems. Using dino dollars for it, you guys need to change something with DD dropping from dying. Maybe much less of it drops...Also possibly small amounts drop from kills.... Also....a different idea to make dd, fun way too... Bounties, a low level gets skull killed by higher level play-they can put up DD to whoever kills them :) :idea:

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
rajazribi said:
if you do that, you are just giving me another reason to leave the game :/ the game has been already unfair by extending the max lvl to 40 so please don't the gameplay as we know it
So you think the game would become more unfair through these changes? Can you explain why?

rajazribi

Reaction score
Narokath said:
rajazribi said:
So you think the game would become more unfair through these changes? Can you explain why?
first because there are some players may have dino and weapon way lower than their ranger level and paying users who purshase dinosaure and weapon stronger that their level gold wich: make the level of the ranger meaningless
second, when i progess in the game id like to see the result of my result by overcomming other player even if that mean other will beat me.
third, if two player search for the same thing they can either go to the other map id or search for an another item.

rajazribi

Reaction score
rajazribi said:
Narokath said:
rajazribi said:
first because there are some players may have dino and weapon way lower than their ranger level and paying users who purshase dinosaure and weapon stronger that their level gold wich: make the level of the ranger meaningless
second, when i progess in the game id like to see the result of my result by overcomming other player even if that mean other will beat me.
third, if two player search for the same thing they can either go to the other map id or search for an another item.
sorry i thought this is the dev shack 1 :/

Ringer

Reaction score
hi , has anyone thought ahead,, yes teleport anywhere you wish etc for a few dd ,,great idea ,, problem being wen we die and I certainly do ,often , we have no dd ,, we don't carry dd. most only do enuf qests to obtain next level . few players these days actually complete achievement qests as wastes time ,only loose dd ,, oh we can purchase dd , 150 dd = 9 gold , so who has gold ??? then we die loose remainder of dd ,, :sneaky:
come on dev shack , how much more you want from us ,, just another money maker for ds ,, why not actually pay qests in gold , or stop charging us to die ,, your loosing players daily that want to play but can no longer afford , :devilish: ,out priceing the players that struggle to stay ,, hey give us all another free skin thou that's a great help , :idea: : free rockets for ...........wat ? wat are they for ,,waste,, ??? :eek: why not charge players for pretty skull hats ,,instead of the innocent players for being killed ,that loose dd.
1 more thing ;;will their be anyway to teleport if you not have dd ,,to escape skull players , to respawn ??

Ringer

Reaction score
;) great input , rangers are not same levs as you say ,,
rajazribi said:
Narokath said:
rajazribi said:

fedrinas

Reaction score
@Ringer
Das Problem mit den Dollars ist ein guter Einwand. Das könnte in der Tat zu einem Problem werden. Hier ist gegebenenfalls eine Anpassung erforderlich.

Der Verlust an Dinodollars könnte beschränkt werden auf wenige Prozent und 'Der Geschützte Geldbeutel (Gel)' sollte das auch bei Aktivierung komplett kompensieren. Ansonsten hat man eben die Möglichkeit das Geld wieder einzutreiben in der verbleibenden Zeit. Die könnte auch erhöht werden.

Bei aktueller Einstellung könnten sich große Spieler um die Gebäude herum sammeln und alles wegbügeln. Geld für das Teleportieren bleibt dann ja nicht mehr übrig. Jetzt ist es ja auch so, dass man Gegenstände hortet. Bei Erreichen des Ausbauvolumens an Beute wird der Rest in Dollars umgesetzt auf dem Markt bis der Ausbau gestartet werden kann. Nur junge Spieler haben gelegentlich noch Dollars dabei, da sie das Prinzip oft erst etwas später durchschauen und perfekt umsetzen.

Nur eins spricht derzeit dagegen oder kann als Schutz eingesetzt werden. Die Medallien für die einfache Wiederbelebung haben nur einen geringen Wert an Rufpunkten. Die Medallien für das Teleportieren haben einen höhren Grundwert und dazu noch einen entfernungsabhängigen Wert. Der Grundwert sollte das Doppelte betragen plus dem Entfernungsbonus. Diese Einstellung würde das Problem mit den Dollars überschreiben, da obiges Szenario dann Unsinn wäre. Die Spieler wollen ja viel Ruf, also lassen sie die Beute lieber laufen samt Dollars. Die könnten sich ja über das in Besitz befindliche Gebäude teleportieren und ordentlich Ruf spenden.

Ob sich das dann so einstellt, kann nur ein Test zu Tage fördern. Es würde aber zumindest ein gewisses Gleichgewicht erreicht. Dollars versus Ruf eben.

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Honestly I thoroughly enjoy this idea, the only downfall is that we have no way to store our dinodollars, at least when we were losing items we could shove everything in the warehouse and not have to worry about losing everything when you went into a clan war, now its either you run around with 0 DD or you lose everything constantly. It'd be nice if you listened to the players and gave us an actual place to store DD, you already have a bank, why not put it to use and make a storing option there? This update would just still render teleporting useless because no one could do it, still.

cheyenne.webber

Reaction score
i completely agree and couldn't u make it possible to get level 1 dinos with dino dollars or is that a no?

Reaction score
do the old camps change their locations/IDs ? and i don't like the idea of merging transport gate and camps ! travel gates should be seperated from respawning buildings

alekjoao98

Reaction score
And what will happen to those players whose Teleport Mattrix are stored? Will they get a Dino Dollars reward or GC?
Because Teleport Mattrix are expensive, and they're really hard to win in auctions..
I think a reward for all that time spent in auctions should be rewared since we're a comunity, but the update still amazing guys, just make sure you make it fair for everyone.

-Best Regards & Wishes.

daniel.delao

Reaction score
I think it would be even better if there are auto pilot of where you want to go while afk. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.