What's new

Suggestion about Trex

DerpGirl

Reaction score
It would be quite cool if there was a yearly Trex Give away that Splitscreen would do. Since it's quite difficult to earn trex. Some times you got to fight for it, but you don't want a clan. You want to fly solo, some people hog up the election spot, it's quite difficult. Then there is always someone who hates you so they drain you, then you will never be sheriff. They blackmail you and force you to join their clan and help them. And the days for elections are long. So I suggest they should do a yearly trex give away. Probably bring joy to people since it is a good dino best out of all, and is good looking.

arachyd

Reaction score
It would bring a lot of anger to the people who worked hard to earn a t-rex. Many hours of game play and fighting are needed to win that dino. To do all that and see it simply given to another player would be one of the biggest insults a player could get.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Although I agree with you arachyd, retired sheriffs' opinions don't matter. The players who haven't been elected sheriff and unlocked the t-rex matter the most because they're the players who are going to buy gold coins and keep this game alive.

With that said, I like the suggestion but think there should be a 'stronger' t-rex for retired sheriffs to unlock at level 40 in sheriff-only elections. So Splitscreen can give away an original (2012?) t-rex once a year while the sheriffs fight for a 2014 t-rex w/ better stats than the original t-rex.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I'm with Arachyd on this one. Actually 'many hours of game play and fighting' is a massive understatement for some of us. If you just look at the time that I was actually sitting on a claim it was months of fighting, losing sleep, and logging in at every possible opportunity because I had to be paranoid that I might log in 10 seconds too late and lose hours worth of gold. And the attacks didn't just come in the daytime when people were on either. A lot of times enemy clans would sneak in around 3-5 am when everyone was asleep! And of course there's the money that I had to spend on supplies, potions (which were still around at that time), and warehouse slots for stored gold.

And for that matter, even working up the elections was tricky because Steel were blocking anyone who wasn't in their clan. Sure you might be thinking "Just get more fame than everyone else and you'll win!" But it wasn't that simple. If you pull too much fame out of the warehouse for a lower office the daily fame loss would tear you apart before you could even apply for sheriff's office. But if you don't pull out enough fame you'll lose the election.

And of course that's just looking at the time that I was actually sitting on a claim. There was also the trick of actually getting a claim to begin with. Naturally the first thing I had to do was convince allies that I was worthy to get a claim even though literally everyone on the server wanted one. This involved lvling up, helping others defend their stuff, ect... But that wasn't all. At that time every english clan on AM1 was crammed into 1 map, and nobody seemed too worried about changing that. And unlike every other clan on the server the english thought that it would be 'fair' to pass those those 3 claims around between everyone rather than letting anyone sit on a claim and focus on getting a rex. So for months I basically just settled for whatever fame I could get from spawn camps. Which would never have been enough. So along with Pit I led the charge into enemy territory and we ended up getting a new map. Then once we actually had some territory to work with I had to have some serious discussions with other officers to convince them that passing claims around ultimately wouldn't help anyone.

So yeah, there might be some sheriffs who got a free ride, but some of us have definitely had to earn ours.

retired sheriffs' opinions don't matter. The players who haven't been elected sheriff and unlocked the t-rex matter the most because they're the players who are going to buy gold coins and keep this game alive.
No I can't agree with this. 1) It just isn't true. I've bought gold coins after becoming sheriff, and I know Pideaux has spent a lot of money getting her stuff up to lvl 40. 2) Even if it were true, this is basically saying to kick sheriffs to the curb who have very likely already spent money on the game in favor of people who may have never spent a dime. And it won't motivate anyone to buy gold coins either. It might actually do the opposite if they can get their rex for free.

I like the suggestion but think there should be a 'stronger' t-rex for retired sheriffs to unlock at level 40 in sheriff-only elections. So Splitscreen can give away an original (2012?) t-rex once a year while the sheriffs fight for a 2014 t-rex w/ better stats than the original t-rex.
This won't work either. Not only is the value of becoming sheriff still diminished, but it would give a huge advantage to the latest sheriffs who's fame hasn't already disappeared from daily fame loss. And I don't think anyone would support a retired sheriff sitting on a claim all over again to get a stronger rex when they still don't even have a rex to begin with.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
But after becoming sheriff, you don't have to buy gold coins anymore... that's a choice each individual sheriff chooses to make. Giving away 1 t-rex per year isn't a big deal if sheriffs have a stronger rex to strive to acquire. The amount of claims is too low, so instead of using that as an excuse for not having sheriff-only elections, everyone should ban together and request more claims. 3 claims per map is too low. And fame could reset to 0 for sheriff-only elections. Fame doesn't have to carry over.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
There could actually be sheriff-only claims for sheriff-only elections... that'd be wonderful.

arachyd

Reaction score
It took this long to get what I hear is a very disappointing new map. I seriously doubt the devs are going to just add more claims even if they are sheriff-only. I think a better idea would be a different kind of dino, even a different kind of t-rex or one of its relatives with skills more geared toward pvp. Pvp is already tracked in a very small way as one of your beginning achievements. To avoid it being just another t-rex the dino could be slower since it's expected in pvp that your opponent won't run away. It could make up for that with more armor which it always lacked. Maybe give it a few more pointy projections to make it look meaner and have something like the elections but based on number of opponents beaten in agreed-on pvp of same lvl dino & weapon (or have lvl automatically evened out for dino and weapon). The other equipment would be up to the player to determine what they fight best with so they could rightfully claim it's their fighting and equipment-choosing skills that wins the fights. This would not insult the experienced players. Most of what is needed is close to what is already part of the game and it might take some of the pressure from bullying away and redirect it to others who actually want to fight and be acknowledged for it. It would also give a real reward for players to keep investing in their equipment.

Invicto12

Reaction score
its so difficult to win -.- why can't they at least kick out former winners of elections? Like when they win they get kicked out, most hog up he space and not let anyone pass some don't even let u earn fame they keep draining they stop most I disagree with this topic , but at least can they kick out former winners if elections? cause most hog up space and not leave it

arachyd

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. There is no reason to hold the sheriff office after you win it.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Achievements say otherwise... serving 3 consecutive terms (6 weeks) is part of the game, even if you only get gold.