What's new

Some Suggestions

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
Hello dev team. Ok, the first thing I want to say is that the changes that I'm about to propose are not for balance reasons. These are just some things that I think would make Dino Storm a much better game by 1) adding depth to the gameplay and 2) by making it actually FEEL like you're riding around on your favorite dinosaur rather than just LOOKING like it.

Stats
The main problem here is that the stats should be set up to better represent the actual dinos. The most glaring problem here is that vitality should be proportionate to the dinosaur's size/bulkiness, not inversely proportionate to it's strength. Its good that you guys are trying to keep the game balanced, but there are other ways to balance the game. And this setup doesn't necessarily make for a balanced game anyway, because there's a LOT more that goes on in PvP than two dinosaurs auto-attacking each other at melee range.

Also I think that dinosaurs should have base stats setup on ALL stats, including agility, stability, ect... Giving a brachiosaurus the same agility as a coel for example is ridiculous.

Implants
Implants and weapon tech give us a nice way to customize, but there's a lot more that can be done with this. For example, what if there were an implant available exclusively to the carnivores that either passively heals you when you get a kill, or adds a leech effect on all of your attacks? Or a herbivore-exclusive implant that deflects a small amount of damage proportionate to your armor? Or an implant that puts a small buff on 2 stats instead of a big buff on 1 stat? The possibilities here are endless.

And if a bunch of new implants were added to the game it might justify adding another implant slot or two for added customization.

Skills
In addition to passive skills that might be added through implants, passive skills should be added the the dinosaurs' skill sets. And as far as the skills that are already in the game goes:

Coelophysis
As far as general setup goes, Coel should be low in both strength and vitality, but make up for it with speed, a strong support role in teams, and good agility

Rapid Strikes - In my opinion this skill should be replaced. Instead of doing damage that can be better done with jump attack anyway, this skill could be replaced with something that either marks the target to take more damage from all sources, or buffs all nearby clan mates. Or another option could be to change it into a self-buff that speeds up the Coel's attack rate.

Jump Attack - My only complaint here is that it would make more sense for it to come with a bleed effect instead of a stun

Pachycephalosaurus
I suppose my only complaint here is that it's too tanky for its size and speed

Parasaurolophus
No complaints here I guess

Centrosaurus
Shield Attack - Instead of a deflector this skill should be a parry where the Centro cancels out a single attack from the opponent, and if that attack was melee the Centro counters with an attack of it's own

Brachiosaurus
Chest Attack - This should be replaced with Trample, a self-buff that causes the Brach to damage all opponents that it touches while moving. The armor buff could be replaced by above-average passive armor

Carnotaurus
No complaints here

Tyrannosaurus
Like I said I know this was done for balance, but it does a serious injustice to the rex to depict it as the most frail dinosaur around. The vitality should be at least average. The superior strength can be balanced in other ways, including a small nerf to it's speed. It already has some significant weaknesses anyway, like the lack of a stun and the fact that it does rely so heavily being in melee range.

Brutal Bite - All things being equal, this attack at full power is the most powerful attack in the game as it rightfully should be. That being said, all things are not equal. The biggest problem is that as a dino skill its very unlikely that you'll get a crit out of it. The damage that you do get from non-crits just isn't enough to win fights against stuns, leech, dodge, deflectors, ect... And to add insult to injury Canyon Shot with precision can actually out shine Brutal Bite as the nuke of the game. And Canyon Shot doesn't even require max power to do the full 300% damage!

At full power Brutal Bite should be a guaranteed crit, or at least have a high chance of being a crit. Or another solution might be to just have precision tech affect dino damage as well as gun damage.

I guess that's all the feedback that I have for now. I hope these suggestions get considered.

roqi319

Reaction score
I must agree that these are very nice points to make a better game. I have been submitting countless tickets to support that developers have overpowered the carno because with right implants it can win against any dino regardless of gun or techs. When 25 lvl was the highest level i experimented with all dinos, guns, implants & techs and the result was always the same CARNO was overpowered and is overpowered. There should be an order from weakest to strongest dino in the game as we get them like;

coel < pachy < para < carno < centro <brach < t-rex

I absolutely with the t-rex part. i have been sheriff for almost a year now and i haven't won even a single pvp against any dino with my rex evven carno has fast hunting rate than t-rex... i know some people will see me as a noob that i am calling rex the weakest of all dinos but its the fact. i challenge everyone for a pvp so that i can prove my point. Everyone knows t-rex is weak. My friend has sold his account just because of the frustration he got in attaining sheriff title and getting the weakest dino. Not a SINGLE player is using t-rex in europe 2, not a single person :LOL:

Peace out :mrgreen:

orrire

Community Manager
Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
GM Orrire
Clan
GM Team
Hello,
Thank you Tyrannosaur Ryan & roqi319 for your valuable feed back. My team will forward your suggestions to the development team.

Regards,
Orrire.