What's new

SLOW SHOULD BE REMOVED

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Reasons why SLOW EFFECT should be remove:

1. Why are the critters like smilodon, brontops, parasaurolophus and etc. have slow? What is the scientific reason behind it?
2. Same to our dinosaur why it have an ability to slow our opponents?
3. Also, it is very annoying that you passed through many random critters and the veteran bandits or the alphas is attacking and you cannot get to your specific destination. Sometimes you have no chance to escape because many critters are attacking you and ended up as dead. It will waste your time, because the reviving time takes long, not to mention you have only a limited time to play the game. And also, the drop rates on items needed for upgrade sometimes is very low.
4. Then, you cannot chase the enemy that just killed your clanmates or drained your claim because there are many aggressive creatures around or in the way that will make you slow. It’s very annoying if you encounter this. Sometimes also, there are suddenly spawning right at your place and then attack you.
5. In addition, this ruins and changes the fighting gameplay. Skills of Centrosaurus, the dash attack is awesome before when you can use it in long range, same to Coelophysis jump attack. Now this update and the slow makes the Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus have their advantage because all of their dino skills are short range at first.

The update is good so far. The map is cool. Just the slow ruined it and honestly do not like it. I like the way before that when you’ve been attacked (by either critters or other player/s) you have chance to escape, or you have chance to chase your enemy.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
1. Why are the critters like smilodon, brontops, parasaurolophus and etc. have slow? What is the scientific reason behind it?
2. Same to our dinosaur why it have an ability to slow our opponents?
:LOL: @ scientific reason. Really?
The reason for the slow down effect is to make you buy gold coins to buy teleport matrices. The devs want you to be frustrated enough to teleport.
3. Also, it is very annoying that you passed through many random critters and the veteran bandits or the alphas is attacking and you cannot get to your specific destination. Sometimes you have no chance to escape because many critters are attacking you and ended up as dead. It will waste your time, because the reviving time takes long, not to mention you have only a limited time to play the game. And also, the drop rates on items needed for upgrade sometimes is very low.
The devs want you to die a lot so you'll buy gold coins to buy recovery kits and those gels.
4. Then, you cannot chase the enemy that just killed your clanmates or drained your claim because there are many aggressive creatures around or in the way that will make you slow. It’s very annoying if you encounter this. Sometimes also, there are suddenly spawning right at your place and then attack you.
To make Dino Storm challenging, the devs have strategically coded the game to make enemy units spawn to kill you.
5. In addition, this ruins and changes the fighting gameplay. Skills of Centrosaurus, the dash attack is awesome before when you can use it in long range, same to Coelophysis jump attack. Now this update and the slow makes the Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus have their advantage because all of their dino skills are short range at first.
People complained about their favorite dinos being too weak, so the devs appeased them by making close combat more effective.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Wow thanks Pulp. That make sense. So, you mean the game is like pushing us to use gold coins?
Also, I still love not all close combat though. War are awesome before when there is no slow..

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
The company that owns Dino Storm is pushing you to buy gold coins. Dino Storm isn't a game to them, it is a product they've developed to sell virtual gold coins.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed all of that when the new map arrived. No gold rewards in quest, longer time in bidding items, also some item drop rates low, the clothes attribute is wearing off. Things like that make me think this game is for players who can spend money. So if you are not willing to spend money, even just for supply charges, you cannot go to the top of Election.

arachyd

Reaction score
This is why I stopped playing. Everything that was fun in the game was changed to make it cost more $. Every update was more of the same.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
This game is actually a free to play. But you cannot get into the top without using money. Fame is essential in order for you to win in Elections. You need claims and camps in order to earn it and to raise it high enough for you to win in each Office elections. If you want enormous fame in order for sure win, you need to purchase lots of supply charges. Buying it cost lots of gold coins using real money. Not all players in the game are rich. Sometimes we need to accept that money have advantage in real life and also in the game.

arachyd

Reaction score
I already accept that fact...and choose to play games that appreciate the players and make the game better instead of taking advantage of anything we might like to get money out of us.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
But for now, I am still playing this game. I am looking forward for good updates that are awesome. Not updates that will make us spend money in order to avail or use it. Players should be always appreciated, especially those who play this game long enough because they are the one who still love playing Dino Storm.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
How can you say I am extremely naive? What did I comment that made you say that I am naive? I am just posting what's in my mind and based on my experience here in this game.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
How can you say I am extremely naive? What did I comment that made you say that I am naive? I am just posting what's in my mind and based on my experience here in this game.
because you said...
I am looking forward for good updates that are awesome. Not updates that will make us spend money in order to avail or use it.
gone are the months when the majority of election winners didn't have to buy gold coins. and think about the amount of time most players are immobile until they can spawn... because your clan owns each spawn camp, other players are immobile for 40 seconds (without gels) because they don't own any spawn camps in your server. YOU and your clan are contributing to a capitalist system the creators of Dino Storm have put in place.

that's why you are naive...

Regular Fries

Reaction score
That's why I am naive huh? We just knew how things works. And why are you like against it? In each server, there are clan that composed of players which are strategically good. Also keep it mind that Sheriff election is only twice a month. You cannot give away dozens of t-rex in a month. Maybe you just understand people who are not getting enough fame and cannot go to the top of Election. But that's the game. Sometimes what they can do is to complain in the developers to help them by updating again the game.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
your clan is the only clan i'm talking about because you're the only guy representing a dominating clan coming to this (English) forum. The developers of DS shouldn't have to force you to share a server... seriously... if you need to be forced to share a server, you're no better than a dictator. maybe you live in a country where dictatorship is a positive form of government... maybe that's why we don't see eye to eye.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
No that's not it really. At least our clan is helping other clans too. We are just stopping enemies and we're focus in enemy clan to get on top. It's natural because they are enemy. Still we help players, mostly English speaking player, because I have notice that BR players are always killing low-level English flags in our server.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
do the clans you help hold offices, or only your clan? do the clans you help win sheriff, or only your clan?
you seem to believe protecting lower level players from BR clans makes you noble.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Not only in our clan held Office. There are some people outside the clan that we help. I am not thinking of being a noble. I know the feeling when I am a low-level and lots of BR players killing me, still I am not calling the outlaws. I used it as my motivation to level-up and upgrade fast. So if I am max, I will find them and kill them. Presently, many BR players still killing low-levels. Screaming for help and so my clan kill them. After all, mostly our enemies are BRs. I am not saying that we are the good guys, we are bad guys also for those who are killing low-levels without reason at all.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
you failed to answer my question in this thread too? :LOL:

Do players, outside of your clan, win elections & hold offices? defending lower level players doesn't redeem your awful monopolizing of elections so only your clan unlocks the t-rex since there are only 24 sheriff elections per year. just because you help players outside of your clan doesn't make your clan fair.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yep, we have players which is outside my clan that I help to be in the top of the Election. Not just our clan will have Sheriff Election. But of course, we will not help enemy clan to get it.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Of course it's natural to stop enemy because they are enemies. In the game we have clan, we have ally clan and enemy clan. Why would you help the enemy?

djg5014

Reaction score
You guys really have to stop picking on Regular Fries, you are as much of a bully as you claim he is, you want to pick on someone, pick on me, it's not our fault you don't have the ability to do well in the game

arachyd

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the topic anyway?

djg5014

Reaction score
You guys went from "slow" to fries bashing, so I agree completely off topic

arachyd

Reaction score
Anyway....slow is all wrong now. It used to be you got slowed from a specific attack type. The defense was to use a stability potion. There are stability clothing and implants but since it is probably the least cared-about attribute I doubt anyone uses it as their regular equipment and we can't switch in the middle of a fight. There is no reason for a player to be slowed when shooting a rock or a tree. There is no sense in every attack making you go slow. This lessens the value of a dino or weapon that has a slowing attack when you're already going slow. Please put slow back where it belongs - on the dinos, npcs and weapon attacks that are supposed to have it and get rid of it everywhere else. You're making players angry with the game. You want money spent then you want to offer a game that people want to play, not one that annoys them every single time they do something to play the game.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
I totally agree with that Arachyd! Slow is sometimes makes no sense at all. A least developers should explain why there is a slow. It is really annoying at all times. It should be removed. When slow is gone, the fun will go back somehow like before when the slow is just from skill from the Para dino.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
do the devs answer inquiries on facebook? maybe you should ask... i'm pretty sure i remember someone from DS reply to your rant about the election system being changed :LOL:

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yep, they reply in other topics or warn you if you are like against the rules. But in other things they didn't.

rajazribi

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
This game is actually a free to play. But you cannot get into the top without using money. Fame is essential in order for you to win in Elections. You need claims and camps in order to earn it and to raise it high enough for you to win in each Office elections. If you want enormous fame in order for sure win, you need to purchase lots of supply charges. Buying it cost lots of gold coins using real money. Not all players in the game are rich. Sometimes we need to accept that money have advantage in real life and also in the game.
no not really, DS used to have gold as quest reward so that you can buy suplly charge, but now they removed it