toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
So currently these two things (Shield and Dino Defense) have no counter and everyone is currently using them. The game is at the point of everyone using the same equipment set with very little differences.

The game is getting very stale with how hard it is to kill each other with these two items on taking over a minute in a 1v1 with violent boosters. PVP feels very slow unless there is a huge amount of people fighting.

More people would play at higher levels if something was done about these two things. An easy fix would be to allow penetration to go through these or make a counter to them. The game would go back to a more fast paced PvP keeping people interested. It will also allow things like Shock, Rage, and Claws to be used.

Just a suggestion.

Thround

Reaction score
Shield implant and Dino defense tech themselves are used as a Counter to both Damage tech and strength implant, by blocking the same amount of Gun/Dino damage that they make. If you want a counter for both of them, all you have to do is increasing your Strength or damage.

Claws, Rage, or Shock, all of them are powerful tools, and if it was allowed to be used in higher performance, it would be extreme tools. Imagine a player capable of beating 3 players Vs one, or a player that with every skill he/she use there is an extra power effect coming with it, or when you aren't able to use your extra power effects at all. Having these items put a significant touch in PvP, but going with it to the extreme doesn't sound like a pretty good idea.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Thround said:
Shield implant and Dino defense tech themselves are used as a Counter to both Damage tech and strength implant, by blocking the same amount of Gun/Dino damage that they make. If you want a counter for both of them, all you have to do is increasing your Strength or damage.

Claws, Rage, or Shock, all of them are powerful tools, and if it was allowed to be used in higher performance, it would be extreme tools. Imagine a player capable of beating 3 players Vs one, or a player that with every skill he/she use there is an extra power effect coming with it, or when you aren't able to use your extra power effects at all. Having these items put a significant touch in PvP, but going with it to the extreme doesn't sound like a pretty good idea.
Those tools don't just block out damage and strength, they block all of it. My gun shouldn't be doing zero damage because someone is using Shield. Because of how effective they are, everyone is using them. Been like this since Cold Claw Valley was released. At this point I would the extreme be switched over to these techs and implants that have never been used just to make the game refreshing. No one wants to play the samething for a couple years. Changes need to happen so people stop selling their accounts or quitting the game.

- THE ROCK -

Reaction score
Hello toxicdeathxZZ,

There are alot players that use Shield implant, Dino Defense and Armor to war or just for PVP.

Armor implant can be countered with penetration tech.

Shield Implant can be countered with outgoing damage weapon + clothes / saddle / skin

Dino Defense can be countered with strength implant + clothes / saddle / skin

I don't know what's your level, but if you're under the enemy's level, it will be harder for you to deal any damage to it. It's obvious ofc. If you're the same level, you have to get good attributes on clothes, just to counter.

But I agree with you when you say about the ''META'' being always the same and the changes are veryyyy rare.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
- THE ROCK - said:
Hello toxicdeathxZZ,

There are alot players that use Shield implant, Dino Defense and Armor to war or just for PVP.

Armor implant can be countered with penetration tech.

Shield Implant can be countered with outgoing damage weapon + clothes / saddle / skin

Dino Defense can be countered with strength implant + clothes / saddle / skin

I don't know what's your level, but if you're under the enemy's level, it will be harder for you to deal any damage to it. It's obvious ofc. If you're the same level, you have to get good attributes on clothes, just to counter.

But I agree with you when you say about the ''META'' being always the same and the changes are veryyyy rare.
I'm max level and have no problem beating the strongest players. Its not a matter of beating other players, its a matter of wanting the game to be fun again. It being so slow is why everyone at max level are leaving the game, why I left the game for over a year multiple times. I started in 2012 and maxed out when it was 20/25/40 and 45. I have rex in the hardest server to get it in.

While yes penetration counters armor, armor also counters damage.

Armor -> damage
Shield -> damage
Pen -> armor
Armor -> strength
Agility -> clock
Clock -> shock
Shock -> rage
Dino Defense -> strength

I can keep going but none of the others matter.

How is it remotly ok that damage and strength have TWO counters yet there is nothing to counter out those counters. While yes clothes help, they dont do enough. I do more damage with clock clothing then with damage clothing against Shield. Now if i used full shield clothing against these damages clothing users, we are back to square one. There is no reason for this.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
PvP between players never was fast and now it doesnt go slowly either, there were, are and will be sets of implants for making more damage and tanking damage, so pvp can last differently. Maybe for some players it takes much time to kill someone only because these players are not very good at pvp. Almost all people are using same things, because they are more comfortable or better to use for most people.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
slejd2001 said:
PvP between players never was fast and now it doesnt go slowly either, there were, are and will be sets of implants for making more damage and tanking damage, so pvp can last differently. Maybe for some players it takes much time to kill someone only because these players are not very good at pvp. Almost all people are using same things, because they are more comfortable or better to use for most people.
The early stages of the game, around 2012-2014ish before 40 was released, you could kill players of the same level in under 30 seconds. It was much faster then it is now. The only new item to increase damage was AIM and that only helps when a rex is involved. How many items to decrease damage? How does this make sense?

- THE ROCK -

Reaction score
If I remind it correctly, the game changed alot since 2012 or 2014,I started to play at 14 October 2012 myself, and I have no issues aknowloging it.

The game changed alot more and the 4th slot turned to be a MAJOR thing. Trex stoped to be an ''OK'' dino, to be super strong, only due to 1 more slot, where you could build Strength, Vitality, Recovery & Armor to hunt, insted of the classic 3 slots, with EITHER Strength, Vitality and Armor, OR Vitality, Recovery & Armor.
And at that time, dinos had less HP, less power and less cloth power attributes. With the new update, and the new LVL being 55, dinos will have more HP and different attributes, for the better ofc.

I used to kill bandits in DVC when I was lvl 1 relatively faster, but now at the lvl 45 areas, I take longer... Should we all complain about it?

About aim, only helps when a TRex is involved? Every single dino can use it and take advantage of it, only making the perfect range from the target or leaping / dashing and stuning the target & then making distance, to trigger aim.

How many items to decrease damage? Well, you have shield implant. What's the problem seriously?

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
- THE ROCK - said:
If I remind it correctly, the game changed alot since 2012 or 2014,I started to play at 14 October 2012 myself, and I have no issues aknowloging it.

The game changed alot more and the 4th slot turned to be a MAJOR thing. Trex stoped to be an ''OK'' dino, to be super strong, only due to 1 more slot, where you could build Strength, Vitality, Recovery & Armor to hunt, insted of the classic 3 slots, with EITHER Strength, Vitality and Armor, OR Vitality, Recovery & Armor.
And at that time, dinos had less HP, less power and less cloth power attributes. With the new update, and the new LVL being 55, dinos will have more HP and different attributes, for the better ofc.

I used to kill bandits in DVC when I was lvl 1 relatively faster, but now at the lvl 45 areas, I take longer... Should we all complain about it?

About aim, only helps when a TRex is involved? Every single dino can use it and take advantage of it, only making the perfect range from the target or leaping / dashing and stuning the target & then making distance, to trigger aim.

How many items to decrease damage? Well, you have shield implant. What's the problem seriously?
Explain how AIM can be effectively used by other dinosaurs? Running away? Well ya of course but then how do you plan to use you dino's abilites without closing back in... making AIM useless again. With rex? ya I use extra power on my push gaining more damage AND moving you farther away from me gaining MORE damage with AIM. My rex has just destroyed your health.

Now about Shield having no effective counter...

Ive played many MMO's and everything should have a counter. Everyone shouldnt be forced into using the same build because nothing else can compete with it.

Try fighting someone using shield without Damage. You do zero damage. Adding Damage tech now you do half the damage you should normally because Shield counters it completely.

You started in 2014? So you should remember how good Agility was. It got put into the ground because of how good it was. Everyone used it, now no one does.

Shield is the same way. Its being over used because of how potent it is. Hell, id be happy with it just being toned down a little so it doesn't make you do zero damage when in melee range. Maybe it would bring Carno back.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
toxicdeathxZZ said:
- THE ROCK - said:

Explain how AIM can be effectively used by other dinosaurs? Running away? Well ya of course but then how do you plan to use you dino's abilites without closing back in... making AIM useless again. With rex? ya I use extra power on my push gaining more damage AND moving you farther away from me gaining MORE damage with AIM. My rex has just destroyed your health.

Ive played many MMO's and everything should have a counter. Everyone shouldnt be forced into using the same build because nothing else can compete with it.

Try fighting someone using shield without Damage. You do zero damage. Adding Damage tech now you do half the damage you should normally because Shield counters it completely.

You started in 2014? So you should remember how good Agility was. It got put into the ground because of how good it was. Everyone used it, now no one does.

Shield is the same way. Its being over used because of how potent it is. Hell, id be happy with it just being toned down a little so it doesn't make you do zero damage when in melee range. Maybe it would bring Carno back.

,,Explain how AIM can be effectively used by other dinosaurs?'' pachy, coelo and centro have far range skills which you can use with extra and stun enemy and with rex you wont do anything when somebody is far away bcs rex has only melee skill. Brachy and anky have the most hp so using them you could beat rex or any other dino with it.

Shield has counter - dmg and in far range you dont do half dmg, shield blocks about 1k of gun dmg, in far range gatling does about 3,5k dmg and if somebody is using shield and armor then you do only about 1,5-2k dmg without penetration,and thats why with gatling you do 0 in melee range bcs gatling does only about 800 dmg(45 lvl gun and tech) in melee range, peace maker does about 1k dmg in melee range so with pm you could still dmg enemy who uses shield.

About agility, it got useless bcs of gatling's curtain fire skill, agility doesnt safe from bleed damage so it got useless, with new techs and implants coming with new map agility may get useful again.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
slejd2001 said:
toxicdeathxZZ said:
- THE ROCK - said:

,,Explain how AIM can be effectively used by other dinosaurs?'' pachy, coelo and centro have far range skills which you can use with extra and stun enemy and with rex you wont do anything when somebody is far away bcs rex has only melee skill. Brachy and anky have the most hp so using them you could beat rex or any other dino with it.

Shield has counter - dmg and in far range you dont do half dmg, shield blocks about 1k of gun dmg, in far range gatling does about 3,5k dmg and if somebody is using shield and armor then you do only about 1,5-2k dmg without penetration,and thats why with gatling you do 0 in melee range bcs gatling does only about 800 dmg(45 lvl gun and tech) in melee range, peace maker does about 1k dmg in melee range so with pm you could still dmg enemy who uses shield.

About agility, it got useless bcs of gatling's curtain fire skill, agility doesnt safe from bleed damage so it got useless, with new techs and implants coming with new map agility may get useful again.
You just proved my point. Half of 3.5k is 1.75k. No way should one implant remove over half of our damage. OP. Over Powered. This has no counter. I shouldnt have to dedicate everything i have to getting around one thing. I have to use Damage, AIM, Pen and Clock to do anything to a person with shield on top of full Damage clothing. How does that make any sense?

Now i dont have space for range so they can just run away from me.

But ya, shield is fair :) (sarcasm)

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
toxicdeathxZZ said:
You just proved my point. Half of 3.5k is 1.75k. No way should one implant remove over half of our damage. OP. Over Powered. This has no counter. I shouldnt have to dedicate everything i have to getting around one thing. I have to use Damage, AIM, Pen and Clock to do anything to a person with shield on top of full Damage clothing. How does that make any sense?

Shield+armor :) ,not only shield, if player has only shield, with gatling (45 lvl gun and dmg tech) you do about 2k dmg per shot in far range, if player wouldnt have shield you would do 3k dmg, with pm (45 lvl gun and dmg tech) you do about 3k dmg per shot in far range when player has shield, when player doesnt have shield you would do about 4k dmg per shot. How i said before, 45 lvl shield blocks 1k dmg from gun. I guess i explained it better.
2 more thing:
1. Shield doesnt block bleed dmg of any gun(colt and gatling) so clothes with dmg would be good to do more dmg with bleeding.
2. You can use pene instead of aim :)

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
slejd2001 said:
toxicdeathxZZ said:

Shield+armor :) ,not only shield, if player has only shield, with gatling (45 lvl gun and dmg tech) you do about 2k dmg per shot in far range, if player wouldnt have shield you would do 3k dmg, with pm (45 lvl gun and dmg tech) you do about 3k dmg per shot in far range when player has shield, when player doesnt have shield you would do about 4k dmg per shot. How i said before, 45 lvl shield blocks 1k dmg from gun. I guess i explained it better.
2 more thing:
1. Shield doesnt block bleed dmg of any gun(colt and gatling) so clothes with dmg would be good to do more dmg with bleeding.
2. You can use pene instead of aim :)
If you are going to argue with me, at least read what i said. I said Pen or "pene".

Why should we be forced into using something that in turn forces us to use one ability?

All this setup to defeat ONE implant. How does that remotely make any sense? You are clearly baised on this topic. Is shield the only way you can survive? I have a Clock setup that i can beat players with, i have a Strength setup that i can beat everything besides Rexes who keep me away from them.

Do you know what all of them have in common? Shield. Every signle setup has Shield. Why should i be using Shield in a close range setup when its meant to block gun damage? Ah yes, because it is THAT good. you know there is problem when.