Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan

1676188797321.png

Hiho rangers.
Lately I have been very inspired and because of this, I have had several ideas for DS that I want to share with you.

This will be a set of ideas and suggestions divided in several parts, all this talks in general about the Drops and Objects System/Mechanics, since currently this system (in my opinion), is obsolete and needs to change or improve, to make it more dynamic and entertaining.

I did my best not to drastically change the system of items and drops, since I don't want the developers to create a new system from scratch (or so I think, but let's see how it goes).

So, what topics will I cover in this set of ideas...? (each idea is linked to the other).

Part 1 Items and crafting.

1.1 Item quality and upgrade system for dinosaurs, weapons, etc. (We are here).

1.2 Items.
1.3 Crafting system and the use of items.

Part 2 Drop and trade.
1.1 New drop system.
1.2 Trade

Part 3 New maps (not new levels).
1.1 War and survival maps.

Part 1 Items and crafting.

1.1 Item quality and upgrade system for dinosaurs, weapons, etc.

As we know, the upgrade items are divided by levels (5, 10, 15, 20, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50). And their function is simple, upgrade your dinosaur, weapon, etc. or sell them on the market. This system based on 5x5 levels should disappear, as it only makes many items useless or unusable, and also limits the existence of a proper crafting or trading system. The solution would be to create a quality/value based item system: unique items.

Quality: The quality could be by 6 unique levels (1,2,3,4,5,6) or you could also use the quality system that has been used in many games: (Common, rare, very rare, epic, legendary and Mythic). We will use the latter as an example.

Each quality has its own color and design depending on its item. The reason for this is to make them more attractive and so that the player can identify them as unique.

1676190406791.png

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I know I said that the drops system will be discussed later, but in this case I want to talk about the percentage of drops that each map can offer with this new idea.

The drop system of these items is simple, it is almost similar to the current system, each upgrade item has a drop percentage in each different map, as each map has a level from small to high, the drop of items will be the same but in percentages depending on their quality/value.

1676190726096.png
1676190783115.png

1676190821951.png

1676190860906.png
1676190921636.png

And obviously each item will have a dino dollar value, the higher the quality, the higher the dino dollar value.

1676191015820.png
All this is just an example, it will be necessary to test the value of these items to ensure that their price is fair and balanced...

Amount of item drop.

I was thinking that the drop amount could be x1, but I think it would be unfair, so the x4 system would have to remain but not by levels, currently when you reach level 55, your drop is x1. To balance it, the amount of drop should be global, I mean, the higher your level, the less chance you have to get x4. For example, a level 55 who gets items in goldfields has a 90% chance of getting x1 on everything.

Each item depending on its value will have a percentage drop amount:

1676191356670.png

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Now let's move on to my favorite part: upgrading our dinosaurs, weapons and so on.

The system is a bit similar to the current one, only now you will need to get several items of different qualities.

For example.

1676191562792.png

Another idea I was thinking about is some building that can craft more upgrade items but with lower qualities ....
This could be somewhat unbalancing but I am still polishing this idea and will bring it later in the crafting system part.

1676191724281.png

And that would be all, I hope you liked it

but what do you think, what would you add or take away from this idea? Stay tuned for the next part!!!!

@Highway I know you guys always look at player's posts, but I would really like to know your opinion on this :)

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Good work, but generally I think what dev's concept is that you lvl up and move from one map to another and thats why there are different lvl items and maps are linear for the most part. Also lower lvl items get lower and lower values when player is lvling up since they could go and kill smaller lvl mobs and get wayyy too much dds, let be realistic, or other stuff and it could not allow lower lvls properly collect items. Those are just things which popped into my head right now, within time I assume I would find more disadvatages of your system, of course there would be advantages of this system, like all maps would be more alive than now.

Generally, I think current system for upgrading could stay as it is, although it could be applied for some future updates or even for new map which would be like place only for 55 lvls, only hunting and fighting, no new lvls, where would drop some items based on map areas with your applied system. Just and idea.

Continuing talking about this system, from different mobs drop different items, so what about them? With this system I would always kill smilodons or other mobs which have the lowest health, mobs like brontos or brachys probably wouldn't be even touched. It could be made that different mobs have different chances to drop certain items.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Also lower lvl items get lower and lower values when player is lvling up since they could go and kill smaller lvl mobs and get wayyy too much dds, let be realistic, or other stuff and it could not allow lower lvls properly collect items.
I already commented on this in the post but I think it was misunderstood. :sweatgrinning:

To avoid this as you say, it would be necessary for higher levels to have a much lower item drop on lower level maps, so if you want more valuable resources and with more quantity you will have to go to maujack.
For example:
a level 55 hunting in goldfields will receive 1 item for every 10 similodons, while in MM, he will receive 1 item for every 1-2 smilodons.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
although it could be applied for some future updates or even for new map which would be like place only for 55 lvls, only hunting and fighting, no new lvls, where would drop some items based on map areas with your applied system. Just and idea.
I will explain the farming, drop and new maps later, but to anticipate, it is necessary to have more lethal mobs, that is, the bigger the mob/bandit, the better the reward.

It could be made that different mobs have different chances to drop certain items.
There's your answer :p

Remember that these are all "vague ideas", in the game there are many items and many mobs, but I have only chosen the dna as a general example of everything for a simple explanation.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
This is way unbalanced :|
Now that I think about it, yes, although there is also a solution to avoid it, but it is a matter of doing the calculations correctly.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I will explain in more detail the other items and their drop later. :giggle:

all parts are linked and we are only in the first part.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
he will receive 1 item for every 1-2 smilodons.
Besides, in maujack mountains you will be able to receive x4 more easily and items with better quality.

but as I said before, it is all a matter of calculating the percentages correctly.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
Interesting but need more detail and more specific description. You won't make smilodon drop the mystic material right.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
@Highway I know you guys always look at player's posts, but I would really like to know your opinion on this
I see you post many ideas on forum, which is very pleasing to see players contributing.

I already know what the developers are thinking on this one. Basically they do read the forum but changes of Dev implementing them are extremely low because first, they already have a plan set for the future updates.

And second, is because they got other things to handle (like their 2 other games and probably more). So the idea will just get discarded under the excuse that it's too much work to implement whilst it doesn't bring big changes & improvement.

This is 2 reason why I stopped posting ideas, it just doesn't align with developers plan, and those that do, will take time to implement— we all know how slow updates are —which is discouraging in itself.

I can just say a dropchance of 0.x and ppl go crazy
(/)

Because it's indeed boring to farm upgrades items.

Looking forward to a change in that in the future now that you acknowledge it.

AhmetCoşgun

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
-X- LorDVaDeR -X-
Clan
Demolotion Provision
I can just say a dropchance of 0.x and ppl go crazy :D especially if it is something mandatory for upgrading.
For players who don't know the game and are just starting out, you can make some updates, for example, you can gift vio or you can change the daily login kills, it doesn't do anything