What's new

Reduce election times or increase election times...

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
I went off-topic in the awfully suggested PvP Protection Remover thread, here and here too.

Election times should be based on >active< server population, and the sheriff election time should be based on >active< players level 20+... a server with 500 daily level 20+ (to apply for sheriff) players vs a server with 100 daily level 20+ players makes a difference in how aggressive, competitive and impatient people act/play.

There are too many active players in America_1 for elections to run the same length of time as elections on the server(s) with the least amount of active players. So I suggest either reducing (by 50% max) election times in the most populated server(s)...or double/ increase election times in the least populated server(s).

Of course, I have no idea how many active players are in each servers... and I always suspect the Asia server(s) has/have the lowest active population... but more than half of the world's population lives inside this circle...

...so there may be more Asians playing Dino Storm than I imagine... they're just more peaceful and unassuming!

Regular Fries

Reaction score
I still believe that the game should be still be uniformed in all servers, just the number of maps is different. I think it will be a biased if AM1 has shorter election time. As we know all update has been implemented equally in all servers.
As you say Pulp "Before making suggestions, think about ALL PLAYERS ON ALL SERVERS, NOT JUST PLAYERS ON YOUR SERVER!"

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries....... your bitterness is showing :info:

The most populated server should have more elections than the least populated server because...
the percentage of sheriffs per server should be equal!

If there are 100 daily active lvl 20+ non-sheriffs in a small server... and there are 28 new sheriffs elected per year (unless someone holds the office for 2 or 3 terms), what's the percentage? 28/100 = 28%
If there are 500 daily active lvl 20+ non-sheriffs in a large server, what's the percentage? 28/500 = 5.6%

So either the small server should have fewer elections or the big server should have more elections, to make the percentage of new sheriffs per server equal.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Don't make it so personal Pulp, you always like offended or something for just comments.
In last Election updates, if you didn't know, there is no more running in the next term. Once you got the Sheriff and new candidate run on it, he or she most likely will get it as long as his or her fame is higher than other candidate who are also running in that same seat.
I am just saying I think it is not fair that each server has different Election time. Because I guess the developer has calculated it fairly. So if AM1 has less Election time because they have many players, other servers will think they are prioritized for that. The game is not uniformed anymore like the way it was before.
And for players, they should expect at first that reaching the Sheriff is very long to achieve or maybe just be impossible. In order to achieve that goal they need to level-up first at least reach level 30 and up in order for them to protect their buildings which produce fame that help them for Election. But what is the same in every server is there is clan/s that dominating the Election. If they cannot give it to you, then you will be block. That's why some player join those top clan and do their best so someday they can be chosen to run in Sheriff.
If AM1 is very populated, they should expect that Sheriff will take a long time for them with the Election time as it is presently.

arachyd

Reaction score
It is the same game on all servers. I have not seen any differences in how the game works. Players who live in an area with a server do not necessarily play on that server. Many players use many servers so the real life population has nothing to do with the game. If a server is too crowded players can go to other servers.

I think if they reduce the election time for sheriff on all servers it will help. More will be able to win sheriff in a reasonable time. I still think they should make a new election for a pvp title but only for voluntary pvp. Give it military titles. That will give players something else to work on and take pressure off the ones going for sheriff.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I still think they should make a new election for a pvp title but only for voluntary pvp. Give it military titles. That will give players something else to work on and take pressure off the ones going for sheriff.
I do agree that there should be some sort of PvP reward for those who either already have a rex or don't care about getting one.

+1

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
Don't make it so personal Pulp, you always like offended or something for just comments.
In last Election updates, if you didn't know, there is no more running in the next term. Once you got the Sheriff and new candidate run on it, he or she most likely will get it as long as his or her fame is higher than other candidate who are also running in that same seat.
I am just saying I think it is not fair that each server has different Election time. Because I guess the developer has calculated it fairly. So if AM1 has less Election time because they have many players, other servers will think they are prioritized for that. The game is not uniformed anymore like the way it was before.
And for players, they should expect at first that reaching the Sheriff is very long to achieve or maybe just be impossible. In order to achieve that goal they need to level-up first at least reach level 30 and up in order for them to protect their buildings which produce fame that help them for Election. But what is the same in every server is there is clan/s that dominating the Election. If they cannot give it to you, then you will be block. That's why some player join those top clan and do their best so someday they can be chosen to run in Sheriff.
If AM1 is very populated, they should expect that Sheriff will take a long time for them with the Election time as it is presently.
you're missing the point... a server with a low population has more sheriffs PERCENTAGE WISE than a server with a high population. that will remain true no matter who wins or loses clan wars on a highly populated server because there are too many players and not enough elections per year.

an alternative to my suggestion would be LOCKING AMERICA_1 (and the second and third most populated servers) so no more new players may join. this way, new players will join the least populated servers and the percentages will balance out over time if they reach level 20 (minimum level to apply for sheriff... and i know of the new requirement to win the lower elections first).

Regular Fries

Reaction score
If you are suggesting locking AM1 server for new accounts because of it is overpopulated, I think it's not a good idea. Because not all player in each server will play actively for the game, some will gone for long and some will quit permanently. Also there will be some that will make an account to AM1 because their friends are playing on that server. And we should accept the fact that not all players are achieving to get a t-rex, they just playing the games for pvp, questing, upgrading and chatting to their friends. In addition, for players who like to have it they should accept the fact also that it will be tough to get on Sheriff Election and anticipate that not all players will get the t-rex even though they played the game for so long.
The developers already updated the Election, no more blockers, no other way but to go up, no more running for 2nd term in every seat. Now it's up to the player or the clan how they can manage it to achieve their goals.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
arachyd said:
It is the same game on all servers. I have not seen any differences in how the game works. Players who live in an area with a server do not necessarily play on that server. Many players use many servers so the real life population has nothing to do with the game. If a server is too crowded players can go to other servers.

I think if they reduce the election time for sheriff on all servers it will help. More will be able to win sheriff in a reasonable time. I still think they should make a new election for a pvp title but only for voluntary pvp. Give it military titles. That will give players something else to work on and take pressure off the ones going for sheriff.
you, too, missed my point. server pop makes a difference... where players are from also makes a difference... how aggressive players play and the amount of aggressive players makes a difference... i remember awhile back someone (may have been RexDude) here said the Asia_1 server was peaceful until BR players joined & took over. i haven't read complaints about Asian players bullying anyone or whispering insults to people.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
This is a draft I saved after I replied earlier!

you're talking about every server having the exact same amount of sheriffs in your "uniform" argument... each server should have the same amount of elections per year, even if one server has twice (or more) as many daily active players.

what you either disagree with and/or fail to understand is how active server population and even the amount of active sheriffs who use their t-rexes effectively have a huge effect on who wins/loses wars & elections. The T-rex is (supposed to be) the best dinosaur... so if there are more T-Rex riders PER PLAYER in a small server, the sheriffs will have an advantage... whereas if there are less T-Rex riders PER PLAYER in a large server, the sheriffs will have a disadvantage. ratios, bro, ratios!

bottom line is, players in the small servers have it much easier than players in the large servers. even if you fought every day for 2 weeks to be elected sheriff, someone in a large server most likely had to fight against twice (or more) as many players. On large servers, players must use more boosters, more gels, more supply charges, etc just to COMPETE (not even WIN) elections, unless no one bothers them because they're in the dominant clan, than how much stuff players use in small servers.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
If you are suggesting locking AM1 server for new accounts because of it is overpopulated, I think it's not a good idea. Because not all player in each server will play actively for the game, some will gone for long and some will quit permanently. Also there will be some that will make an account to AM1 because their friends are playing on that server. And we should accept the fact that not all players are achieving to get a t-rex, they just playing the games for pvp, questing, upgrading and chatting to their friends. In addition, for players who like to have it they should accept the fact also that it will be tough to get on Sheriff Election and anticipate that not all players will get the t-rex even though they played the game for so long.
The developers already updated the Election, no more blockers, no other way but to go up, no more running for 2nd term in every seat. Now it's up to the player or the clan how they can manage it to achieve their goals.
okay..... i have repeatedly used the words DAILY ACTIVE PLAYERS... i'm not including inactive level 20+ players... i'm only talking about players who log in daily and are eligible to apply for offices all the way up to sheriff. when i played, there were a lot of lvl 20+ players fighting that had not even been elected Ranger or Chief Ranger or made it out of Street offices (i was one of them)...but they had an effect on election outcomes by draining enemies' buildings or protecting allies' buildings. these wars caused heavy lag too btw... i don't know if small servers experienced server lag and crashes during wars, but Am_1 did.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Instead of locking the AM1 server for new players or adjusting the Election time, it's just an idea I want to say, but what if there is a two (2) townhall for a populated server? But I guess that idea is weird and cannot be approved either and there is a lot to be considered for that. Again, just an idea.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
Instead of locking the AM1 server for new players or adjusting the Election time, it's just an idea I want to say, but what if there is a two (2) townhall for a populated server? But I guess that idea is weird and cannot be approved either and there is a lot to be considered for that. Again, just an idea.
i actually agree with this, since i actually suggested this either before or after the level cap was raised to level 40. there should be a separate Town Hall for level 25 to level 40 players... but i think it was arachyd who said there aren't enough claims/buildings for two Halls... or something like that. i don't feel like searching for that thread.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
and also, something i forgot to say earlier... if the devs would show us how many total players, and active players, there are in each server, this discussion would make more sense. if new players were able to see that Am_1 is "overpopulated", maybe they'd join "underpopulated" servers. everyone doesn't want to play on more than one server... and no one should have to create a new character for each server to see which server is the "best fit" for them either. Splitscreen should be more transparent in this department!

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yeah, we didn't know statistics about how many player are active in playing this game in every server. Even just average player online daily. But if AM1 is really populated, how each map accommodate all of them if there are like as you said like 500 players online? Because when you enter each map there is a saying that 50+ more slots. If it will be greater on that number of capacity, maybe there will be a massive lag. Especially if there is a clan battles going on or a holiday quest.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Also, the other problem is for players why they cannot go to the top of Elections or just chance to win is because not all players are money player or rich players. Supply charges is essential in fame building in this game. Daily rewards is not giving it and auction now is longer. So we accept the fact that money has a lot of advantage to this game like in real life. There are many always active player but didn't spend even a single dollar for the game. I do not know if there is a retired Sheriff who didn't spend money in able to get it. I know this game, as you mention Pulp, is created in order to buy virtual gold coins it's like a business. But my only message for the developers is to consider at least for the ones who always playing this game and loved it that they at least they be appreciated.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
well, Regular Fries, we finally agree on some things! :)

the devs removing gold coins from quest completions was a slap in the face to hardcore players who continuously completed VERY BORING quests for 3 gold coins per quest to buy supply charges, clan spaces, etc.

no one can win elections without buying gold coins (or using the FREE Gold Coins option), which is smart business wise... winning elections should be expensive... but everything else should be inexpensive and shouldn't cost gold coins to have fun.

arachyd

Reaction score
The earth may crack because we all agree. It was a big slap in the face and they should be ashamed at the way they treat players who have been putting up with the steady increases in cost for repeatedly declining value of everything in the game.