Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I get ur point but honestly I don't have the numbers of players that joined the game after the new trailer has been made.
Dev for sure got those numbers & data on that. But I do not think that your trailer was put in front of new users.

but I can try to think about new ideas to bring some players to the game.
I love the fact that the community is coming together to put ideas in place to bring in new members, but as I have described in the posts, what is the point of bringing new faces into the game if they do not stay? what if the pain points are not solved? the effort to bring new users will be in vain unless their experience is made better.

I see that Developer has read the posts and acknowledged parts of it. Now the ball is in their court as to whether they will decide to solve the player's retention problem or not.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
The price of Gc, account sharing or buying isn't actually the main issue as a new player would not directly come in contact with them at early stage . The problem stems from the game play itself, you are just dropped into dinoville canyon, you are taught the basics of delivery and hunting quest as well as part of the movement like camera movement and basic movement (You are too slow to run and no point in tell you to press shift to walk slowly when you are already slow)
solution 1 give the player a temporary stat boost at the start to give them a feeling of what dino storm feels like in later part of the game.
Solution 2 Rework the tutorial as it is too basic, also compress the transport quest npc that are in Dino vile and send them to Canyon. When a play enters Dino ville from canyon he should be lead straight towards the center instead of making him do random quest at the start of dv and the outskirt of the center.( Like preferably bring them to the sheriff statue to look at the big Rex hologram, to tease them).
Solution 3 Involve silver lily npc into the tutorial quest line. You guys added silver lily and her store as a main part of the game right? Then give her some introductory quest for new players. This will bring them needed information about progressing in the game since she holds the rex store.

Last edited:

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
I will also try to make a quide on forum for new players when I have time. Since there is a category of players that actually love using guides.

VioletRosa

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
.Rosalita.
Clan
_MaD BullS_
Why do people only lament about the past? It's lame to always cry about how this was like that in the past. Look at the present and future instead of always complaining about how the past was like this. Why don't you de-evolve back to a monkey man? You can do what ever you want then. Back in the monkey era where you could go on a tree and claim that tree as yours, eat all the fruits you can get your hands on?
actually baboon birds but close enough uwu'
baboonbird.PNG

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
primero que ninguna actualización resolverá nada mientras los desarrolladores no controlen el intercambio y la venta de cuentas.
The buying and selling of accounts has always existed and will always exist in any MMO, I have played several MMOs in my life and I still see buying and selling of accounts. One thing is to stop it (impossible) and another to reduce it.

It is assumed that endgame part 2 and 3 will try to "reduce" this problem since in the future we will not be able to become sheriff directly and buy our tyrannosaurus. This mechanic will be eliminated and now buying the tyrannosaurus will be free for everyone.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
The buying and selling of accounts has always existed and will always exist in any MMO, I have played several MMOs in my life and I still see buying and selling of accounts. One thing is to stop it (impossible) and another to reduce it.

It is assumed that endgame part 2 and 3 will try to "reduce" this problem since in the future we will not be able to become sheriff directly and buy our tyrannosaurus. This mechanic will be eliminated and now buying the tyrannosaurus will be free for everyone.
DS doesn't have millions of players so it's not impossible to track sharing and sales.
between 2013 and 2016 these illegal practices were controlled and did not greatly unbalance map disputes nor entice new players to buy high-level accs, as is currently the case.
and after part 2 and 3 are released this issue will become even more evident as players will use multiple accounts to drain and steal fame.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
DS doesn't have millions of players so it's not impossible to track sharing and sales.
The mmos I've played don't have millions of players either, the problem is that sometimes we don't know if those accounts were sold legitimately or illegitimately.

between 2013 and 2016 these illegal practices were controlled and did not greatly unbalance map disputes nor entice new players to buy high-level accs, as is currently the case.
At that time there were many players and expectations about future updates, it was not necessary to buy an account because the war system and the game were different. Until Big Udapte arrived and ruined the game.
and after part 2 and 3 are released this issue will become even more evident as players will use multiple accounts to drain and steal fame.
I think there will be limits, but it will still depend on the new mechanics that will be added in part 3 and lily's store.
Basically, the devs want to give us more and other ways to play in the wars, everything we do will depend on our objectives (lily's emporium items).

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Not really. I believe the opposite will happen— there will be fewer server raids & less trading of accounts.

If we look at the core reason why Server Invasion, Account Trading & Shops Abuse happens then it all comes down to one main reason.

CONTROL & POWER.

If I am someone who wants control of my server, then I will have to use every means available to maintain my control and hold onto my power.

It will start with the very basics, I will need all the manpower I can on my side. That includes recruiting new members from that specific server but also looking out for new alliances on another server. Thus born the strategy of Server Invasion. I am ready to help you on your server if you are ready to help me on my server. And while we are trying to get into the server, obviously it is such a long road ahead to level up, so the shortcut is to Trade Account or even Purchase an account that is already level 55.

And while we are trading accounts, why not use the cheapest shop that we can?

Here we introduce the idea of Shops Abuse

With the Endgame Mechanic update, the distribution of Power & Control will be with the individual player and not the big alliances. The consequence of that for players who are Power hungry will be a total loss of control of their servers.

What will be the purpose of going into another server and helping my allies when my own server is on fire?

Server Invasion will be reduced considerably. (/)

Account trading will also be less, but if the Shop abuse still exists, then account trading will still be present.

Only Developer can solve Shops Abuse.

What is the point of me playing by the rules when I can simply do just like them and suffer no consequence? Why do I need to use my expensive Euro shop when I can easily buy an account with TR/BR shop and easily, very comfortably, and easily win the war?

When you let the demographic who don’t play by the rules get away with this type of gameplay, it’s a big slap in the face for the community that plays fairly.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I praise the developer who came up with the Endgame Mechanic idea, all these ideas proposed in that Dev Shack literally solve many problems at once. It is left to see, whether those issues will be solved or whether players will find existing loopholes to bypass these solutions.

So far the propositions were impressive, let's see the execution.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
So recently I started leveling up somewhere else and I was collecting info for a new player guide. Below is part of it and you will notice in GOLD something very important.
"
Joy barker lvl 5 dino ville npc fire extenguisher quest.2 quest complete
Feedback_Buggy pathfinder that cause you to loop joy barker.
Neil west lvl 5 gold field npc Bandit attack quest.7 quest complete.2 hunt quest,1 champion quest,1 transport quest and 1 delivery quest.HTHDC
Difficulty not proportional to reward. Killing veteran,normal, rookie bandit all give the same quest %progression. Hunt 10 bandit.
Tex haggerty lvl 6 Gold field npc stray game quest.8 quest complete.
Hunt 15 brontos, make 3 trips to haggerty. Feels like a long quest for its lvl.
"

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
So recently I started leveling up somewhere else and I was collecting info for a new player guide. Below is part of it and you will notice in GOLD something very important.
"
Joy barker lvl 5 dino ville npc fire extenguisher quest.2 quest complete
Feedback_Buggy pathfinder that cause you to loop joy barker.
Neil west lvl 5 gold field npc Bandit attack quest.7 quest complete.2 hunt quest,1 champion quest,1 transport quest and 1 delivery quest.HTHDC
Difficulty not proportional to reward. Killing veteran,normal, rookie bandit all give the same quest %progression. Hunt 10 bandit.
Tex haggerty lvl 6 Gold field npc stray game quest.8 quest complete.
Hunt 15 brontos, make 3 trips to haggerty. Feels like a long quest for its lvl.
"
guide should point out to unlocking and acquiring implants and techs, what for me seems not clear for a lot of actually new players

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
You don't know how much people start the game and quit because of the long tiresome progression system until you really take a closer look at it.

The game is taking a fat L. Everyday many players get started in the game and eventually with all the problem listed, they quit.

Developers lose on customers.
Game lose player base.

In my honest opinion, this should be the main priority instead of current Dev Shack.

Ignoring this issue is the way of slowing closing the game down.

-Diablo.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-Byrnison.
Clan
Greek Aces
By new things we could have titles that we earn through achievement and they should give us bonus effect or attribute boost instead of fame. Below are a list of titles and their possible effect/boost.
- Merchant-> +10% bonus Dino dollar when selling items.
- Berserker-> +300 rage or Gain rage 30% faster.
- King Rex-> Gain 10% more Hp.
- Big tooth-> +5% attack damage or +1000 strength.
- Speedster-> Gain 3% bonus speed.
- Trixster-> Gain 5% dodge bonus or +200 agility.
- Big bone-> Gain 10% damage reduction.
- Albino-> Receive 7% bonus speed while in Maujak mountain or + 200 heat resistance.
I believe the community can bring a lot of good ideas but the problem is the speed at which the devs can implement them. If It is not timely then there is no point in it.
This will be good for 55 lvl and Sheriff. This “tittle” maybe can be something like Clan Booster, but permanent. To open this slot need 55 lvl dino and Sheriff. This “tittle” will be in Sheriff Store.
+ will be,sheriff stay on the main server to grind Silver Crowns fór these tittles, make all dinos 55( on the way they can make also for gun this 5th slot), sheriff will be stronger With some %, what i think is good, cuz “Sheriff is on the Top in DS”.
+ Something usefully from Sheriff Store
- I dont see much negatives, just the thing is, price for this “title/module” and how much players will run for it. And ofc, the power different between Ranger and Sheriff.