Don Donel

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Don Donel
Clan
Not in a clan
Hi, I noticed that locating items through "Find more" searches for objects based on the absolute distance from the nearest unit that spawns it, not the shortest path available. For example, when looking for a Level 10 Low-pressure injector, it leads me to a farther place rather the one nearest to me. Maybe we can have that optimized better to path towards Davis instead of the area near Mokon Gate?

1703223498438.png

Don Donel

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Don Donel
Clan
Not in a clan
OR...

Is this change not needed because we have Travel Gates, and we're expected to teleport to those locations instead?

I think I got confused because the symbol for tracking these items involves footprints, so my mind assumes it's walkable. I know these points won't matter too much for the late-game players, but newer players might have a hard time going to harder areas alone if aggressive mobs will be jumping them here and there.

Could be something worth discussing.

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
maze-like maps are the main problem here

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The pathfinding is quite good in the game and does propper calculations for the walking distance. It really finds you the closest enemy that has the item in the drop table. But it can happen that currently the unit was killed and not respawned that was closer before. As the pathfinding us not trivial and to avoid constant recalculations it takes time until it searches again for a possible location that might be closer. If the unit is not present on the current map it sends you to the closest travel gate.

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
The pathfinding is quite good in the game and does propper calculations for the walking distance. It really finds you the closest enemy that has the item in the drop table. But it can happen that currently the unit was killed and not respawned that was closer before. As the pathfinding us not trivial and to avoid constant recalculations it takes time until it searches again for a possible location that might be closer. If the unit is not present on the current map it sends you to the closest travel gate.
as the OP mentioned, it does calculate direct distance to the target, so it does not counts obstacles (the hills)

this mechanic was in game since the maps were not maze-like, so it was working fine. since maps are maze, the "find more" button is not working in best way because it finds closest mob based on their X,Y coordinates. it does not care about the hills, it only cares about coordinates.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Its proper pathfinding that calculates the walking distance with all the obstacles you cant walk over.
What can be improved though is that jumplinks are considered as bridges as well

Last edited:

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Its proper pathfinding that calculates the walking distance with all the obstacles you cant walk over.
What can be improved though is that jumplinks are considered as bridges as well
1703428941017.png
is this how it supposed to be then?