What's new

No thank you dino storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

arachyd

Reaction score
You have gone too far. The latest update is yet another step toward making this game impossible to enjoy unless a lot of money is spent. The new 'gel' things are so ridiculously expensive I am on my way to join the ranks of the loyal, long-term players who have finally had enough and left. You took a great game, enjoyed by everyone and turned it into a game where the majority of players hate every update you make. You do not listen to our concerns, tickets are ignored or dismissed and you make changes that serve no purpose except to cost us more money: claims drain faster, healing is now linked to our special attacks dividing the amount of time before they can be reused by 5 instead of 4, animals are stronger, incredibly high increase in how much experience is needed to reach a level, reduced experience point rewards on missions, we now have to pay for our shots to have any power to them by buying boosters.....it's obvious this game has become a money pit with little to no reward. The incentive...the big prize...the t-rex is so weak it is a joke so what is there to play for? When will it stop, when you have made the game consist of log on, unlock our credit card accounts and log off?

Kaishira

Reaction score
Most of what you posted, is right ... its impossible too enjoy it completly from every point of view ... but the boosters can be farmed, and i think the amount of every bulk is crazy, or can be bought in auktion house, the animals are as strong as there was before latest update and the t-rex was it too .... omly thing thats going to be ridicolous how the things too farm is costing ... also the new way of reward is, what i say, crap ... a lvl 25 dont need ep and 50 dd is a brick in case of what we need too upgrade our dinos, i dont need firework and 50 fame isnt much for a person trying to get the t-rex .... and the players dont trying to win elections dont even need fame ... theres much that should have been thought about before

My point of view ^^

arachyd

Reaction score
Only the basic (basically weak) boosters can be farmed. Auction can only be won by 1 person at a time, the one with the most dino dollars. That is the one with the most coins to convert to dd. Yet another money grabbing technique.

Kaishira

Reaction score
ive didnt said that the system isnt working well ...I conz like it myself, anyway, most of players are not spending Money on the game so much are having same problems.... Those "weak" booster do i dont use in PvP fights, im saving my goods for those, Just farming is incredible easy with them ...So dont see the point in, that its incredible 'hard' too farm things...

autobuns

Reaction score
I agree with all of this 100% and more.

It's pretty ridiculous that you essentially have to pay to have a proper war now. I waste my time hunting for DD because I'm not rich like some players on this game. My gameplay has gone horribly down the toilet since these so-called "improvements" began. Just today, i had to use 9 coins to drain a building from a noob that had drained and taken the spawn. Then I had to spend 10,000 DD to get 5 supply charges, only to waste one on spawntrapping a player that has been constantly harassing our buildings. Thanks to this update, I am now 10,000 DD poorer. I need my DD to upgrade my things you see, because I'm not maxed and I don't have GC to waste.

Ara is right when she says older players are leaving. Really, I see them leaving almost in boatloads. Loyal players, my friends, have left the game because DS is increasingly just a money pit.

Fix your servers, get rid of the stupid updates, AND LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS!! If you want us to spend money, YOU do what WE want. What you're doing now? You're driving us away and it needs to stop.

LISTEN TO US.

Rayquaza

Reaction score
Not a lot of you may have noticed, but I have been checking up on Dino Storm. I must say that it really has gone further down the drain. Dino Storm has a great concept with poor execution.

Cash is good for the company, and I've seen how it has influenced development. However, cashflow is more or less fluctuating due to the high number of leaving players and wallet warriors. If they wanted to rake in the dough, why didn't they just listen to what people have to say? I know it's hard work, but hard work DOES pay off. A good support team helps people feel good; wonderful features contribute to the replayability of the game; and a skill-based system can finally award victories to those deserving.

I know that skill-based systems can break the current scheme of "money-in, money-out", but the developers could still find other ways. For example, customizability could cost some gold, but not so much. This includes clothing, titles, custom-colored skins, [customizable armor?] etc. Money should not become the greatest boon to dominant teams; it should only affect a little part of the battle.

The main problem that I see here is that the new changes have been revolving around the old system. Now without the pots. The elite potions weren't really taken out of the game, for they have actually taken a new form (I forgot what they were called but I know they are big boosters that are only available in auctions and gold coin shops). This did not solve anything.

A new, flexible system would become a great solution to both parties' (developers and players) problems. The developers could devise a new system, where unit collisions actually matter etc etc. That way, battles could be even more unpredictable (and fun!). In the players' side, they would be offered things that would alter their appearances, such as the aforementioned custom-colored skins and customizable armor. This way, players can actually feel that they have control over their in-game avatars (such as being able to show them what kind of people they are, say warrish, peaceful, fun, etc). For the battle part, (as previously mentioned) money could aid them, but not in the way that dominion over enemies is automatically at hand.

I would actually like to see if this idea is liked by the active players of today, but the purpose of this post (that is actually a reply to arachyd's word on the subject) is to express my opinion of the "new" battle system.

TL;DR
Combat Redefined is merely an aesthetic upgrade coupled with overly priced items that influence the permanent gameplay and progress of your character. The game could have been better, but progress is hindered by the developers wanting more money instead of wanting more people to get money from.

Hoodman

Reaction score
Rayquaza said:
Not a lot of you may have noticed, but I have been checking up on Dino Storm. I must say that it really has gone further down the drain. Dino Storm has a great concept with poor execution.

Cash is good for the company, and I've seen how it has influenced development. However, cashflow is more or less fluctuating due to the high number of leaving players and wallet warriors. If they wanted to rake in the dough, why didn't they just listen to what people have to say? I know it's hard work, but hard work DOES pay off. A good support team helps people feel good; wonderful features contribute to the replayability of the game; and a skill-based system can finally award victories to those deserving.

I know that skill-based systems can break the current scheme of "money-in, money-out", but the developers could still find other ways. For example, customizability could cost some gold, but not so much. This includes clothing, titles, custom-colored skins, [customizable armor?] etc. Money should not become the greatest boon to dominant teams; it should only affect a little part of the battle.

The main problem that I see here is that the new changes have been revolving around the old system. Now without the pots. The elite potions weren't really taken out of the game, for they have actually taken a new form (I forgot what they were called but I know they are big boosters that are only available in auctions and gold coin shops). This did not solve anything.

A new, flexible system would become a great solution to both parties' (developers and players) problems. The developers could devise a new system, where unit collisions actually matter etc etc. That way, battles could be even more unpredictable (and fun!). In the players' side, they would be offered things that would alter their appearances, such as the aforementioned custom-colored skins and customizable armor. This way, players can actually feel that they have control over their in-game avatars (such as being able to show them what kind of people they are, say warrish, peaceful, fun, etc). For the battle part, (as previously mentioned) money could aid them, but not in the way that dominion over enemies is automatically at hand.

I would actually like to see if this idea is liked by the active players of today, but the purpose of this post (that is actually a reply to arachyd's word on the subject) is to express my opinion of the "new" battle system.

TL;DR
Combat Redefined is merely an aesthetic upgrade coupled with overly priced items that influence the permanent gameplay and progress of your character. The game could have been better, but progress is hindered by the developers wanting more money instead of wanting more people to get money from.
lol after 2 months or something, he came back lol

Aksu

Reaction score
I said this on other topic. Hoodman you said you quit, why are you on forums?

Hoodman

Reaction score
i dont quit...........................................

arachyd

Reaction score
The purpose of this post was not for you two to snipe at each other. Please stick to the topic and I'm glad to see you both have not quit. Until it changes I will not be doing much but getting daily logins (until they decide to take those too).

Rayquaza

Reaction score
I did not really come back as a player, but as an observer. I merely shoot a few things here and there, check what the devs have been doing to change the game, and of course, take a visit down memory lane. However, finance is still the top priority, and not fun/entertainment. I highly doubt that I will truly be "back" under these conditions.

Criticism is inevitable if one's work is bogus, as some might say. Ladies and gentlemen who have not already given up, I advise you to do so, for this game takes money, time, and effort--all these for an essentially worthless fighter inb4 T-Rex.

TL;DR
Ain't going back any time soon; high-risk, low-take.

multiKwolf

Reaction score
well i wish they changed the elections lol too many people had like 190 k of fame which is Blocking alot of elections and alot of people is suffering from this the guy who had became sherrif who had 300k came back to board member with this 200k friends n block it why would they allow such a thing >:/

Reaction score
Yep Multi, and that's the way it's going to be for certain clans and if you're on America 1 Server you're basically S.O.L. Cause there's a long time clan who will not move short of an all out war. That was the way it was back in Sept. 2012-thru till April 2013, a mistake was made leaving alone a certain Spanish clan alone mostly and most of us now are reaping the bitter rewards...
I've put in an amount of money, seen betrayal, been mocked/laughed at for my decision not to go ahead, seen others join the very ones that I spent time and treasure fighting against, witnessed the enemy join that particular clan hopping in and out, I felt like it was 'Nam where you couldn't pursue the enemy just when they crossed over into Laos like some children's tag game where there was a safety zone. The game just has not lived up to what it could have been and fell so very short. So, that's why I decided it wasn't worth the expense of amassing a force to heave this clan off which would take a lot of real money that I'm not going to waste on a badge and a rex...

multiKwolf

Reaction score
i know how you feel ...... allot has betray me ,back stab me , lied about me ,mocked me just cuz i got a dream to someday to ride a Rex but its gonna be a long run since councilor is Blocked to 150 fame and ive been kicked out of a several good clans , i dint do anything too them but someone is out to get me i know who told lies about me to the clan leaders to get me kicked (not mentioning names) its pretty sad that im a lone Ranger i've made it to Director but Board member seems to have blocked too it probably took 90k of fame and got no Claim to take The person who out to get me will send some other clan to Drain me ......... elections are the thing that they need to change .........so that every1 could win the rex without having to reach 500k for it

Status
Not open for further replies.