What's new

Newbie thoughts so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus01979

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new one, just came across the game the other day and thought I'd give it a go. Never tried a browser-based game before and so far I'm pretty impressed and look forward to seeing this game grow.

I realize it's still young so I'm sure there is a lot of future content and filling out to come and maybe some of this is already in the works, but just a few thoughts that have come to mind after the hours I've spent in Dino Storm so far...

Firstly, I think more market type locations you can sell at would be a plus.

A way to abort combat would be nice (unless it's there and I'm just missing it?), esp if I accidentally started attacking a player and didn't mean to get into PvP with them because clicking the right target gets tricky if things/people are piled up on each other...in particular I noticed that people with me doing the same group quest were still potentially attackable. Reaaaaaly don't want to unintentionally shoot down my helpers, esp during those quests to protect an npc that can get a bit crazy. lol

If being attacked by more than one target, I think it would help if combat continued onto the next target. i.e. While my Carnotaurus is capable of hitting more than one target, combat seems to stop after the first one goes down though the second is still attacking. Which brings me back to a group of things piled up and trying to target the right one that's still attacking. It's getting hits on me but I'm losing counterattack time between targets. (I try to be careful with that ability within a herd of somethings, but even still, it was made to be used.)

Dino naming option please. Please? :mrgreen:

Maybe the skin tone stays with the dino? Seems that it's applied to whatever dino you equip, though I'd like to have them different tones without having to carry around my different color options all the time since both dinos and skins are both an inventory thing.

*Or dinos and skins get their own menu, not inventory?

Costs.. I'm sure this has prob been moaned about before, so won't go into much on that. Just seems a bit extravagant to start with at an early level. I understand the gold may be the part that profits from this and keeps the game running and development going, though a small increase in gain of gold or additional ways to earn some would be great. Not so much that it takes away the profit of selling gold, but at least an increase enough that items purchased with gold (considering the price of much of it) aren't quite as out of reach for as long as it could prob end up being. (I don't take much issue with the dollars since finding that some collected items sell pretty well, though I'm a little uncertain to what extent the dollar costs will increase vs the earning rate as I continue to upgrade this dino.)

An "away" feature please. That tells whisperers that you are away.

Just some thoughts, no criticisms or whining intended. :)

Taurus01979

Reaction score
Additionally, a player report feature if there is none. Was unable to find one yesterday after a period of chat that easily fell within the rules against offensive language of an obscene/sexual nature.

wellthatshistory

Reaction score
You get new skins off the things that you kill, but yeah, the same skin sticks with you across dinos. I'm not really sure how they'd change that without a tonne of coding (since if you had different skins equipped on 5 different dinos, there would have to be a different menu for that or something). For an exhaustive list of what drops what, go to BG's Giant List of What Drops What.

The button in the middle of your screen (between your weapon/dino skill menu and your potion menu) toggles fighting on and off if you accidentally attack a player. Just click it once and you'll stop attacking. Re targeting enemies after doing an area of effect attack--you just have to do it with your mouse and target the enemy whose name shows up in red (that's the active one still attacking).

Player report feature is just contacting support. Take a screen shot, click the gear button in the top right corner of the screen, click 'contact support,' follow the directions there.

Re an away feature and more ways to earn gold/making quests more lucrative, I'd suggest sending in a support ticket and bring it to their attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.