disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Clans will make alliances with one another regardless of whatever disruptions occur. We can see even in the elections and townhall, the winners are always belonging to an alliance, it is thus fruitless to try and stop people. Instead I propose the following:

1) Make alliances a clan of clans. Maximum limit of 10, expandable with dd. Instead of 1 leader, the leader of every clan in the alliance are counted as "leaders".

1. Alliance leaders can only change their own clans
  2. There can be an alliance inventory for fame and boosters, only dd expansion. Clans in an alliance can click a button to donate fame/boosters to this shared inventory.
  3. There is a new chat, "alliance chat". This is like the clan chat, but has all members of the clan.
So, say there is a clan Apples and a clan Oranges in ally. Then, the leader of the clan Apples (call him Iphone) and the leader of clan oranges (call him minute maid). Iphone and minute maid can expand the alliance inventory from DD donated to the alliance. Additionally, when Iphone types in the alliance chat, it shows "[Apples] Iphone" to let people know the clan of the ally member.

I have more to say, and will add another post after this to explain why this system will be good for the game.

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
So here with part 2 now:

Basically, alliances can be used not just to make them easier for alliance members, but also for improving a war.

• Now, attackers drain 20 hp, clan members heal 15 hp. If alliances become a thing, then you can make it so that alliance members can heal for +5 hp per second
    • This will make defending more interesting. Do alliances focus on defending maps or defending gates?
  • Make the attacker drain rate variable. For instance, if there are 5 members from Alliance A (who have no gates) fighting with 10 members from Alliance B, then for that phase the attackers get a drain speed of 50hp. Why? Because they are fewer.
    • Similarly, if Alliance A was defending buildings against Alliance B, then they get 30 HP heal speed.
    • While this won't completely ruin a numbers advantage, I think it makes more sense because the weaker side gets a boost making things more interesting
  • Add a new "Challenge" feature
    • Say alliance A has 10 buildings and alliance B has 5. Then, Alliance B can issue a challenge to Alliance B to contest a building owned by alliance A. The contested building is then taken over by DV, and whoever the victor is gets to take the building. If Alliance A wins, they get a building from alliance B (same type, so to contest a claim both sides must own a claim etc).
      • This works because naturally, Alliance A will want to take another building if they can get it. Their greed motivates them. Alliance B might want to contest it because they want another shot. This prolongs the war phase and makes things more interesting than just a 1-and-done
      • Maybe limit the number of times an alliance can contest buildings in a phase

Overall, I know many people here will be against this because it provides an advantage to alliances. But, the simple fact is alliances already have that. They already use discord, fb messenger, etc to coordinate themselves. Alliances are not going anywhere, so why not use them to make the game more interesting?

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
There are a lot of things that need attention. I have shared your idea with the team, Let's see!!
Sure, thanks. Let me know what you hear back! If anything that is.