What's new

Level difference penalty

gbor001

Reaction score
I fail to understand the logic behind the level difference penalty - a penalty for upgrading?! why? i find it unfair for the higher level players - why penalize me for upgrading? being strong is the reward i get for all the time and effort i've put in upgrading... why take that away from me? what for i upgraded to lvl 40 then?

not to mention that the penalty is huge! in the example i give below that smilidon should have received over 60% damage with that shot!

Penalty.png

Gmanwolf

Reaction score
gbor001 said:
I fail to understand the logic behind the level difference penalty - a penalty for upgrading?! why? i find it unfair for the higher level players - why penalize me for upgrading? being strong is the reward i get for all the time and effort i've put in upgrading... why take that away from me? what for i upgraded to lvl 40 then?

not to mention that the penalty is huge! in the example i give below that smilidon should have received over 60% damage with that shot!

The may have removed the lvl difference penalty. That or they made it more bearable. Not sure yet

gbor001

Reaction score
The change log says that they revised it for the group quests... but otherwise it is there... example below is taken just now... and this time it is against a lvl 39 bandit... this can't possibly be by design, it has to be a bug

Penalty.png

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello Everyone :),

Highway said:
Removed the level difference penalty for effort when units are killed in group quests. This results that high level players can finish lower level NPCs faster than before.
It means that now high level player can do more damage to low level mobs. For example before it took you 10 seconds to kill level 25 animal with lvl 40 things then after this fix you will be able to kill the same animal lvl 25 with lvl 40 things within less time. (Sorry but I could not give exact time to kill the mobs but there will be slight reduction in killing time)

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

gbor001

Reaction score
Hi Pr0Ankit,

did you see my last example against a lvl 39 bandit?

seems to me that there is something wrong... i did not find a lvl 40 mob in the map, so that is the strongest possible lvl... therefore in this case i understand there should be no penalty at all.

Cheers

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The damage numbers that are shown are indeed an bug and will be fixed in a upcoming version. The damage penalty for mobs is there to ensure that the quests gameplay is not destroyed when highlevel players are doing quests in low level areas. Before the update the boss of an quest could be killed with one shot. Not fun.

gbor001

Reaction score
i see, you have a point... but does the penalty apply even for normal hunting? ... and thing is, since i need to do the low level quests again for the achievement, then it is annoying (not to mention embarrassing), when i have to engage for a long time even with the mobs in DV! :)