What's new

Give us back our quest tracker

arachyd

Reaction score
I want to be able to use my quest tracker for what must certainly be a strange thing in the eyes of Dino Storm developers - a quest tracker. They've got it cluttered up so badly it is almost impossible to use without grumbling in anger at yet another game guide, clan join request, "important" notification of some thing on facebook I have no interest in, auction bid status, election status.....did I leave anything out? I apologize in advance for the long post but I see players complaining about these things all the time. They just never bother posting or sending tickets because they feel no one listens.

Game Guide - It is not just annoying but insulting for someone who has played almost 2 years to continually have to see the game guide taking up space. Put it somewhere that we can find it if we want it. I don't want it. How about in the general settings where you have the option to see in chat where a player is so we can unselect it?

Important notifications - These are at the news stand in Dinoville, where everyone who plays much goes at least once a day to market. It's right next to the market. Please get it out of my quest tracker. Make the news stand light up or something so we know there's news. This one icon actually has a dismiss option. That lasts less than 2 seconds and it's right back on the quest tracker. Flash sales are usually for special events and would be different because they are constantly changing and lots of us are interested.

Election status - If you dismiss it you can't get it back and have to run to Dinoville to check at Town Hall. Can't you just put it in the profile near your election level or something so it isn't taking up a quest tracker slot?

Auction bids - Why not put this with the actual auction? When you click the little chest on your utility bar to buy something it gives the option to buy or bid. Why not add a 3rd option for status of current bids and get it out of the quest tracker? You could also flash a message on the screen if outbid, much like it does now sometimes.

Requests to join the clan - This is one of the problems clan officers must deal with constantly. Clans are very important in this game but daily I see impatient players and players already in clans spamming the requests and they won't take no for an answer. In another thread we brought up the possibility of a brief message about the clan or filters to limit the applications to certain player levels. A warring, electioneering clan does not necessarily want 50 join requests from lvl 5 players taking up the time of officers who are stuck dismissing them repeatedly. A casual, chatty clan would have a hard time if it unknowingly allowed a few warmongers to join, getting it's lower level players massacred in retaliation. A lvl 20 player might not want to join a learning beginner clan but then again might want to teach. A lvl 3 would love it. A new player might be very insulted after getting a dozen rejections and never know why. Allowing a clan leader to filter them would lessen interference with the game and there would be fewer hurt feelings.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
I wish I could click a Like button.

There should be a minimize option so the trackers may be hidden somewhere else, like under Profile on a page called "Trackers" (or whatever they're called).

arachyd

Reaction score
I'd rather see a polling option for the ones who read but never want to write anything.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
yea polls, those are good, but the Facebook culture makes Likes more important than polls.