slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I'm not sure if what I will be talking about is intended or not, since I already have reported it to support month ago, but still didn't get any answer about it.

Heat implant (further just cold res) and cold resistance attribute have excessive functionality. Cold res beside decreasing duration of slow down and paralyze effects, it decreases chance for casting slow down effect with freezer tech (further just cold) and cold attribute. This can be seen in video below, while target is having cold res attribute in use, cold seems to rarely cast slow down effect, but when there is no cold res attribute, cold casts slow down effect pretty often.

Issue is that in heat implant's description its only said that it "Decreases the duration of paralyze and slowdown conditions", there is nothing said about decreasing chance for casting slow down effect, although in cold resistance attribute description is said "A greater cold resistance value means that your dinosaur is more resistant to being slow down through both cold and skills, and also to being paralyzed", "is more resistant" part can be understood in 2 ways, as it decreases the duration of effects, either decreases the chance for casting effects or both.

It is like that, because devs probably either forgot to remove its old functionality, decreasing the chance for casting slow down effect, either didn't make descriptions similarly clear to understand.

I would like that excessive functionality would be removed.

Video of testing:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It is like that, because devs probably either forgot to remove its old functionality
I don't think this happened. Because on the balance update, every skill was modified, and I assume they scrapped every effect and redo it again, including their casting chance.

I think that it's a simple bug that went unnoticed from the PTR.

Either way, now that this has been confirmed, Freeze Tech is now useless for me when a player has Heat Implant.

Basically, as the game goes, with smaller updates, it gets unbalanced, some item gets Overpowered, and some get nerfed, rendering them not useful.

Another example would be the Coelophysis issue that went full OP.

I believe that a Balance Update Part 2 is necessary to solve all these issues.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Another example would be the Coelophysis issue that went full OP
ig if cold res attribute wouldnt decrease chance for casting slow down, maybe coels would be easier to catch

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I believe that a Balance Update Part 2 is necessary to solve all these issues.
I don't think a part 2 is necessary, the ideal would be to specifically nerf dinosaurs, weapons, implants etc that are currently very OP, and currently there are 3 or 4 things that surpass the rest.

Even just reducing, removing or increasing the stats of an attribute (vitality, strength, effects, duration of effects, cold... etc) is also sufficient.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Major problem that needs to be solved. Because it ties directly with the thread about Coelophysis Nerf.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Major problem that needs to be solved. Because it ties directly with the thread about Coelophysis Nerf.
they are preoccupied with making new clothes and ignore the fact that there are weapons, dinos, implants, tech, which need tweaking, because some are practically useless 😴😴