What's new

Endurance - Pointless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultracarnex

Reaction score
I will first present the Good Sides and the Bad Sides about the endurance stat.

The Good
Endurance is a great ability. You can get to a lot of places in a (relatively) short time. If you have a building an it is being attacked, you can hop on your Coelophysis and dash to protect your property. If someone is chasing you and you are not looking for a fight, you can also get away with blinding speed.

The Bad
Its usefulness ends there.

Why?

It is because most battles are in close combat range. All dinosaurs attack at the same rate, and once you flee/run, they will either (a) continue to chase you, (b) use long-ranged weapons such as the peacemaker, if the enemy is a player, or (c) run off.

Endurance is practically useless in battles.

So what do we do to fix this?
We change the name of 'Endurance' to 'Dexterity', and make it influence the following:
-Movement Speed
-Dino Damage Hit Rate
-Rate of Attack

It is basically the dino-based clock stat of the laser gun.

Why Dexterity?
Because the Coelophysis is outclassed by Pachycephalosaurus in all areas but speed, but even the two are just plain neglected in regular battles. In real life, however, it is a very excellent hunter and can take down its enemies not by brute force, but with its wits. Once this is implemented, we could also modify the Coelophysis' first skill to have a Dexterity boost for its extra power.

Another reason is - with the help of Dexterity, the T-Rex could actually WIN against the Brachiosaurus!

SkyLander

Reaction score
I half disagree. Because we already have a Dexterity stat.
About the buff on the first Coelo, as i say in others posts it is nedeed, because really that skills is really useless as is it now.
Although the speed/endurace is not much to do in short range battles, but also as you say first, has other utilities, thats because many people upload their Coelo equally. On the subject of "clock in the dinos" you mentioned, I know what you're up to, want you want nerf the Brachio hahaha, might work, but would not, because we still have the clock bug in weapons.

Ultracarnex

Reaction score
We already have one? :eek: The closest thing I can relate to Dexterity is 'Agility', but Dexterity does not interfere with the dodge rate of the dinosaur-and that is the job of Agility.

According to pimpslapper, the current effect of clock is it does not increase firing speed, rather it enhances damage. I haven't really found out whether this is accurate information but in the meantime we'll just have to wait for the Devs' side of the story.

SkyLander

Reaction score
Well we can take Agility as a synonym of Dexterity. When u think on Dextery on every MMO or CRPG game, you think on that PJ can dodge more, can move fast, can attack more quick, and it's all, that's why i think, maybe if we was following ur previous suggets on the primary stats, maybe endurace can improve agility, like Vit imrpoves Regen and Str could improve Armor, i dont know, you have to think carefully on changing the current gameplay.
With the theme of the clock, really is buged, as u can see on the desciption of the stat/tech:
"FREQUENCY MODULE"
"Power is not everything, you say? You are absolutely right. Dino Storm’s weapon engineers invented clock tech modules to increase your weapon’s rate of fire. Try it out cowboy."
So as I said, if it still does not work, I do not think anything like that will work well in the Dinos.

Ultracarnex

Reaction score
You are definitely right, SkyLander. But if we change Endurance to Dexterity, we can also change Agility to Evasion, since all it ever does is evade attacks for the dino, am I right?

SkyLander

Reaction score
Indeed, but I think when you think of "Agility" is understood, that the PJ (in that case a Dino) will be agile and therefore can dodge attacks, but to make it more practical could change it indeed.
Although I would like they move as little as possible, because every time they make any changes, we got 2 new bugs and I'm a little surly about it, lol.

Candyman

Reaction score
I posted something about endurance buffing months ago, can't find it now.. but what i suggested that every 3 points of endurance gives you 1 agility point.

also so all stats get something like this every 3 strength = 1 recovery
and 3 vitality gives 1 armor
But iam not sure about this idea right now, give me your thoughts.

wellthatshistory

Reaction score
we'll just have to wait for the Devs' side of the story.

Be prepared to wait another year or two for them to get back to you.

Ultracarnex

Reaction score
I recently noticed that clock is working perfectly now. I guess 'Dexterity' is a pipe dream no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.