What's new

DS Bugs, glitches, fixes and unlocked items...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Matt

Reaction score
There is a topic I would really like to address and point out to many players and future players of Dino Storm. The game is not designed, or meant to be a game you WIN. DS is a game you PLAY and try to enjoy. DS is still in BETA, which means we have glitches, bugs, etc. Issues will come up and players will deal with them and Devs will work to solve them for best possible game play. Now, for those players who are trying to cheat, or who constantly want cheat codes...STOP. DS was meant to be a game you earned stuff at. Like the early days when we had to farm for days and days to unlock 1 dino and gun. Well...constant player gripes about how hard that was caused SS to give players basically every dino to level. This was probably the WORST idea ever, but it came from players who wanted easy game play...not to work to earn things. Sadly, this one thing has caused so many problems with glitches in the game and irking players who actually did work hard to unlock their dinos and guns in the first months. What was the point and need for players to HAVE to have everything without working for it? I mean, other than to just take the easy route. Now players complain about having to farm to get DD to level each dino up each level. Is there no end to the crying? Seriously, if you want a dino and gun that needs no DD to level, let SS return to locked dinos and work for them like the rest did. You have NO clue just how good you have it now. Seriously, please stop crying about every want for a cheat or win for the game and just try to enjoy playing it. Theres way too many other issues the game needs to have worked out so that SS can work for a release on the game and others can come enjoy it with us.
Sure I know there is going to be some lame comments about this post...and honestly it will just show who IS and IS NOT wanting to work for their stuff and see the game succeed. If you have no clue what I am talking about here...or you just don't understand why the previous locking system was so much better as players were proud of getting 1 dino to level 20, then feel free to look some of us early on players up and ask. And, before you go bashing this post...try to know what you are talking about because there are many of us (relics) who do not enjoy noobs coming to us and trying to act as if they know everything when they have no clue.
As much as I personaly would LOVE to see the game return to locked dinos and guns, I doubt this will happen unless other (relics) of the game push the issue with us.
If the lagging and bugs are bothering you new players as much as some of the older players...feel free to post a gripe here about it. Those of us who have been around a long time can tell you, we didn't have the major lagging and glitches back before the dino and gun unlocks and DS Plus was put into the game. If you are in favor of fixing the lagging and bugs, maybe you should also promote returning to the locked system like we are trying to promote.
Thank to all DS players who truly GET what the game is all about and how great this game could become.
Magic Matt

Maple_Man

Reaction score
i think if the new players realized that 6 or even 10k to lvl a dino is bad, they shouldve played when it was 87.5k to even unlock anything, or 17k to buy an implant. now its all free, so id suggest they stop whining.

Kavon

Reaction score
Levelling up is not so hard. Grinding loot and selling loot to gain 5k DDS doesn't even TAKE THAT LONG. Only if you are at good dino/gun level to be able to farm some high-level mobs just fine. Heck, some lvl14 coel rider was farming lv6 brontops and I doubt he even knew he should've moved up his game to higher mobs.

Getting serum and kits may seem easy to some and getting DDs, but it should all be hard work to be proud of. Now if I had unlocked a dino after all the hard farming I could do even if it takes a month - I'd feel muchly proud than get duped over by just paying DDs along with serum/kits each upgrade. Doesn't make me feel as proud as I might have been.

DS is a game of PvP, conquer and conquest, ladder climbing along with strong foes and alllies. There's no win or lose, nor right or wrong of anyone's path they take. But what IS wrong is using a third party / scripting / cheating their way through the game and feel like they're the darn king of all riders. That's now how this game was designed to be!

People who complain about what they can't do is more than likely to be a low level player who shouldn't be complaining compared to those of high level players who can do it.

Reaction score
Don't have really a problem with the slowdowns, freezes, crashes, reloged on and if I died respawn try to figure another way. I would make comment on it on the chat that it had happened kinda hoping to give them a heads up on what just went to pot. My only real gripe was the Chapter 6 bug ,the peacemaker or have it unlocked at the Gun Store. Now I know that it's going thru a major restart with bug fixes, this, & that. With what Dino Storm come up with reminded me of the movie "Valley of Gwangi". Everything that I did in the game so far, I earned. The thing with Dino Storm is if it hadn't showed up on the Armor Games, I would have never known about it...

Magic Matt

Reaction score
EVERYTHING sadly, we are all having to re-earn. The latest updates have reset everyone back to square one. Talk about a pain...try having to redo quests for each npc 65 more times after you have done them thousands already.

sleekchaser

Reaction score
I think these old-timers both hate and envy us new players. It's your fault you feel that way. You guys are so excited to get beta keys and didn't have the patience to wait for the open beta. :LOL:

Kavon

Reaction score
And what does that have to do with us players and to this thread at all?

I'm half new and half old, and I'd rather have the old dino unlock system back over the screwed up of what we have now.

Magic Matt

Reaction score
sleekchaser said:
I think these old-timers both hate and envy us new players. It's your fault you feel that way. You guys are so excited to get beta keys and didn't have the patience to wait for the open beta. :LOL:
If you had a clue what you were saying, maybe you wouldnt say it. Like always...you are just one of those who wasn't there to see what it was like to know the difference...and a noob who likes the easy route. How many searches have you done for cheat codes? I imagine a BIG number there.
If anything you should thank beta players for getting the game live so you boobs...I mean noobs, can enjoy it. Disrespect alone shows how immature you are.

Magic Matt

Reaction score
Someone has suggested that brachis should have been at least as high up as governor elections due to the massive want and use of them. I agree. For the 2nd most wanted dino in the game...it sure is too easy for players to get. Now with 4 pages of bottom elections its even easier.
How about we just give everyone a rex when they log in and let the game turn into a crap pile since all the noobs seem to think they should get everything for nothing anyways.

Magic Matt

Reaction score
It just shows the ignorance of some for him to assume I was a closed beta player since the unlocks didn't happen for months after beta opened.

megee2012

Reaction score
I love the idea Magic Matt. I would love to see them lock the dinos again. Now players get them so easy and can farm to lvl them up. They also need to lock the implants and weapon techs to. Make them work for it like we had to do. I dont mind the bugs and gliches and stuff. I know other people dislike them. Thank you Magic Matt for posting that.

Kavon

Reaction score
Magic Matt said:
Someone has suggested that brachis should have been at least as high up as governor elections due to the massive want and use of them. I agree. For the 2nd most wanted dino in the game...it sure is too easy for players to get. Now with 4 pages of bottom elections its even easier.
How about we just give everyone a rex when they log in and let the game turn into a crap pile since all the noobs seem to think they should get everything for nothing anyways.
I really do second this. It's not also harder, but something achievable through some hard work. I saw a noobling had a Ranger seat with less than 1,000 fame, somehow, and there's many people trying to earn 15k+ fame to get their wanted Brachis. Do I think this is "fair"? Not at all... There shouldn't be any shortcut in a game to enjoy it.

Magic Matt said:
sleekchaser said:
If you had a clue what you were saying, maybe you wouldnt say it. Like always...you are just one of those who wasn't there to see what it was like to know the difference...and a noob who likes the easy route. How many searches have you done for cheat codes? I imagine a BIG number there.
If anything you should thank beta players for getting the game live so you boobs...I mean noobs, can enjoy it. Disrespect alone shows how immature you are.
As Matt had said above. New players should think before they bark. A lot of players seem to have no idea how much work it is to make a good enough game with some very devoted beta players alike. We're not asking you to kneel and kiss the ground because we made the game better for the best of us... it is to at least be more grateful. Both new and old still have hard ways to their goals and feel accomplished. As I said before, there is no shortcut in the game through hardwork. By that, it truly pays off.

sleekchaser

Reaction score
Magic Matt said:
sleekchaser said:
OOOOOOH! :eek: Don't be so bitter. Just enjoy the game the way it is now. You don't have the power to bring back what is lost anyway. Just like what they say, if you can't beat them, join them!
BTW, you asked me how many times I searched for cheat codes?: 0 :cool:
My advise is learn to move on. Everything settled now. You know, chances are, the things we see on today's update of DS might be not final and I bet many,many more stuffs will change. I really dun wanna see more whining stuffs like this in this forum. SO CHILDISH.... :(

medodido

Reaction score
I have to say before posting this i am a sort of new player but I was around before the CRD though and i truly appreciate and admire the old timers for the amount of work they had to put in to reach the high status they are at in this game i am not here to whine about anything i am here just to say that all of you old timers are right and it isn't fair for you to have to work hard for a month to get one dino and now a noob can just come and get the very dino in a day.

penultama

Reaction score
This topic is sooo....

2012 :D

2013; nothing is better in my view. I was only here during the open beta times. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.