What's new

Dino Emotion System [As suggested by Muk Pile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultracarnex

Reaction score
I am posting this because I simply think that this needs special attention.

But I'm making a few modifications to this, if you don't mind, MP :)
(edits are in bold)

---

To implement this into the game, maybe it could be something like tricks you could teach your dinosaurs as you raised them. When your dino is old enough, you can buy the next level of any trick. It would cost you Dino Dollars, but nothing else. Higher level tricks would be more expensive and take longer to "Train" your dino. They would be stored in a little box on your screen, where they would be accessible but not in your way.
Oh, and in order to balance it a bit and not abuse the system, they would need to have a short cooldown. (as short as using two ready skills in a row) Here is a simple example of what tricks would be and when they would become available to purchase.

Level 1 (Each costs $100 DDs and takes 5 minutes to Train)
A) Happy = Wags Tail
B) Angry = Paws the Ground
C) Sad = Head and Tail Sag Down
D) Confused/Curious = Cock Head to the Side
E) Afriad = Look around Nervously

Level 10 (Each costs $500 DDs and takes 20 minutes to Train)
A) Happy = Wags Tail and Head Bobs
B) Angry = Paws the Ground and Shakes Head Side to Side
C) Sad = Head and Tail Sag Down, Kicks the Ground
D) Confused/Curious = Cock Head to the Side, Squints, Stretch Neck and Head Foward
E) Afriad = Look around Nervously, Shift from One Foot to the Other

Level 20 (Each costs $2,000 DDs and takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to Train)
A) Happy = Jumps w/ Joy (Smaller Ones do Back Flips; Brachis and Centros can just Paw the Air)
B) Angry = Steps Foward and Roars w/ Fury
C) Sad = Head and Tail Sag Down, Whimpers
D) Confused/Curious = Scratches Head with Foot (except for Brachi; He just bends his head further down)
E) Afriad = Squats and Hides Head Behind Tail, Shivers

The purpose of these tricks would not only be added amusement for the player, but would also allow the player to communicate his thoughts and emotions much more effectively than just with the current chat line. And it would be especially effective when you and the other player you wish to communicate to don't speak the same langauges. For example:

You speak English. Another Player speaks Spanish.

He is guarding a building, which you have just attacked and where killed.

You respawn and walk back up to him. You say, "Please, let me get my stuff!" and lower your dino's head.

Spanish player figures out you are not a threat and lets you collect your gear.

You walk away happy. He watches contently as you walk away.

No-one sends in an abuse ticket.

No-one gets banned.

Everyone understands each other and everyone is satisfied!

---

The barriers of language difference is a major hindrance against good communication between two or more people with different language. With this dino emotion system implemented, we will now have a global language which everyone would understand, and, it might be an good way to lessen griefing and/or bullying.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
2014 should be a big year for Dino Storm, if Splitscreen wants to make this game better.
This Dino Emotion System is one of the best ideas. The only drawback would be (more) lag.

I suggested Dino gestures (Oct 08, 2013) before I read this thread.
I like the DES more than my own suggestion.

RexDude

Reaction score
I have to say this is the greatest suggestion ever! I hope the world that mods see this! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.