toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
As of now, Gatling is the go to gun for everything. From war to pvp and even hunting. With the nerf to Shield and Dinosaur Defense pvp and war has become a lot faster with people dying quicker. All the guns were brought to around the same dps and still only one gun is being used. Gatling.

Confusion is being the only ability used across all forms of the game becuase of how effective it is. With how fast we die now (which is a good thing, keeps the game moving) 8 seconds of not being able to use a crucial ability is the deciding factor of the fight. This is completely unfair and frustrating. The entire fight boils down to whoever uses it first.

I believe this to be easily fixed if it is dropped down to 4 seconds like all other abilities in the game. Stuns and paralyzes were both dropped down to 4 seconds but both of these have a counter in the Stability Implant. Confusion does not have anything to counter it. Making it so Stability affects it as well would also help. This ability completely defines the game right now which it shouldn't. Everything thing should have something to balance it out.

On top of Gatling being the only gun used because of Confusion, people are comboing it with Anky and making it so a person can't use anything for the full duration of the fight.

I believe if this is changed, it will bring much more variation to the game such as different dinosaurs and guns coming back into play. I personally would love to use Colt or Peacemaker again without having to worry about losing everytime. Or give the two new guns a good run. I'm sure many other players would agree with me (other than those who abuse Confusion :LOL: )

Thanks,

Thround

Reaction score
Hello,

you could also think outside the box and consider something called "Agility" ;) Gatling confusion was one of the effects that does not activate if the skill itself was a "MISS" or a "DODGE".

NOTE: Basically any effect is now decisive in PvP if you combine it with "Violent Damage Booster", which is probably the case.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Thround said:
Hello,

you could also think outside the box and consider something called "Agility" ;) Gatling confusion was one of the effects that does not activate if the skill itself was a "MISS" or a "DODGE".

NOTE: Basically any effect is now decisive in PvP if you combine it with "Violent Damage Booster", which is probably the case.
I'd would considered Agility but the dodge chance is so low that it maybe works 10% of the time. 1/10 is not good enough for how affective Confusion is.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
toxicdeathxZZ is right, confusion should be reduced to 4 seconds because the one who does extra with animals and first throws confusion has already won the battle, no matter what is done due to its duration of 8 seconds. The probability of dodge or miss when someone comes with extra is too low, mainly because gatling is the weapon with the most focus of all having 1080 points.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I disagree about that everyone is using only gatling. On eu2 server about half of players are using gatling and other half is using yager rifle. Yager's vurnable effect is too very dangerous, when you have it you almost receive 3 times more dmg than usually. Gatling has almost the best focus and i still from time to time miss with it's skill and difference between normal miss and dodge from agility implant is a lot more often, it is kind of counter for confuse.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
slejd2001 said:
I disagree about that everyone is using only gatling. On eu2 server about half of players are using gatling and other half is using yager rifle. Yager's vurnable effect is too very dangerous, when you have it you almost receive 3 times more dmg than usually. Gatling has almost the best focus and i still from time to time miss with it's skill and difference between normal miss and dodge from agility implant is a lot more often, it is kind of counter for confuse.
I play in AM1 where is has been war for years without stop and the only time people don't use Gatling is when a event comes around. Gatling is the better weapon. For instance, what is the point of getting extra crits when you can't use the ability to begin with? There isn't. No extra damage. No healing. Nothing. Just death.

Theoretically Agility is a counter, I agree but the problem lays where Agility simply doesn't proc enough for it to matter. The odds are so low for a dodge that the weapon is more likely to miss which shouldn't be the case here.

Now if agility is buffed it's just going to go back to old dinostorm where Agility is the best and none of the abilities of anything is going to matter because everything is just going to miss. Which I believe to be a worse situation then Confusion. It would be better just to reduce the time on it so it doesn't have as much sway in a fight.

It's still possible to be used in junction with mutliple players to keep someone confused for longer which would require teamwork (this 100% ok in my opinion) but one person shouldn't be able to by themselve.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Thround said:
Using a random chance effect should never be a way of trying to balance something out, especially if the chance is low. As previously stated, gattling has really high focus which totally neglects agility as a viable option here.

4 seconds seem pretty short as well - we must consider that confusion is a slightly worse stun and they tend to last 4 seconds. But stuns also get shorter with each subsequent move (or rather they cycle into being shorter and shorter and then reset). There is no such mechanic for confusion. And it might even be a good thing, if it doesn't work for such a long time

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Czarna said:
Thround said:
Using a random chance effect should never be a way of trying to balance something out, especially if the chance is low. As previously stated, gattling has really high focus which totally neglects agility as a viable option here.

4 seconds seem pretty short as well - we must consider that confusion is a slightly worse stun and they tend to last 4 seconds. But stuns also get shorter with each subsequent move (or rather they cycle into being shorter and shorter and then reset). There is no such mechanic for confusion. And it might even be a good thing, if it doesn't work for such a long time
Yes I agree with what your saying. 6 like Anky would be a good medium for it. What your are referring to is diminishing returns, it is used in many games that have crowd control such as stuns etc. Its a very good mechanic that will help balance things out and prevents griefing and such.