What's new

Changing the game for the better.

Vulture

Reaction score
Lately after the recent bout of updates I've noticed a distinctive lack in drive and motivation from the main player base. Along with this a large amount of bugs and glitches have surfaced that a lot of us thought we had finally seen the back of. If things continue this game will suffer badly from this so I've decided to make this thread with the purposes of allowing players to place well thought out ideas to help put this game back on top

Note! This is not intended as a thread to have a go at the devs and their work. By making this thread I am merely trying to put forward ideas that could make the game better and in direct competition with other MMO games. You can take them or leave them as at the end of the day it has to fit in with their overall vision.

I would like to see people placing ideas on this thread. Also I welcome feedback. At the end of the day we don't just need ideas but we need to explain how they will work.

My suggestion directly affects the current dino system in place. At the moment we have to complete quests to gain a dino on trial and then we are able to level it up as we please. But, there are problems with this current system that will see people losing interest and motivation. The majority are way too easy to get hold of an on the other extreme others are impossible to get by casual gamers. Both accounts are counter productive to keeping people motivated. Uh oh you might say! How can we fix it? Well I have spent a long time at the drawing board, drafting up ideas on how we could put a fix to this without upsetting players. Here is my suggestion!

1. Every player starts off with a coelo in the game. It's a good medium for learning how the game works, combat and skills etc. Also you can explore dinoville at a decent pace. Mokon and goldfields should be locked as off limits to every player below level 10. An AI ranger can guard each entrance and deny players access due to them not being strong enough to look after themselves. The quests in dinoville should be made so that they allow a player to reach level 10 with relative comfort without getting them bored or feeling like they are farming. A small quest line would help this. quests like exploring dinoville, helping out a quest giver who has information to give. Add some motivation to the quests and give them an order, whilst still allowing people to step out of this and do their own thing.

2. So by now you reach level 10 and have enjoyed the game thus far. Suddenly a pop up comes onto the screen stating a new quest "Finding a new dinosaur" The popup states that a rumor is going around town that some new dinosaurs have been spotted in several locations. One being goldfields and one being Mokon Wood. An option exists on the popup that asks you to let's say choose between Goldfields where a baby pachy has been spotted or a baby parasaur.

For arguments sake let's say you click on the baby parasaur and mokon. Once clicked a letter is placed in your bag and a quest line footprints appear, guiding you to Mokon. Once at the entrance to Mokon the ranger intercepts you as he did so before. He tells you that you can't pass without permission from the mayor. But...oh wait, what is this?! A letter from the mayor stating that he gives permission for you to head to Mokon to find this new dino as a thanks for helping the citizens of Dinoville (Recognition for your previous exploits, again this is motivation). So the ranger lets you pass into Mokon. Once there the quest footprints lead you to a quest giver of your level (Assuming level 10). When you get to them they tell you that they have indeed heard rumors about the baby dino but before they help you they need you to help them. So you must help them with 5 quests to gain a reputation with this quest giver. Reputation is a new idea I came up with that allows a player to gain reputation via completing quests. The higher the reputation with a quest giver, the better the reward and this can even unlock secret locations and new quest givers (As people begin to hear of your exploits).

You help the quest giver and with your 5 quests completed and reputation high enough, they tell you that someone told him/her that the baby parasaur was spotted further north, separated from it's herd. Oh no! I will say this poor dino you say to yourself. So you head out and go to the location marked on the map or via quest footprints. Once there a message pops up saying that the baby parasaur is no where to be seen, but it's footprints are here. And....it seems to have company. A new quest activates that asks you to follow the dino footprints to find out what happened. You follow them and come across a small bandit camp, with the baby parasaur trapped in a cage. So what do you do? You rush the camp, kill and drive out the bandit scum and upon completing this the baby parasaur is safe. It disappears and is placed into your bag (Wow it can shrink!). Quest footprints lead back to the original quest giver whom tells you that they have heard that some bandits have stolen the baby dino and plan on training it themselves for evil purposes etc etc. Suddenly they notice you have the baby para with you and realise you killed the bandits and freed it. Grateful that the bandits were dealt with the quest giver hands you some taming biscuits as a thank you reward, along with some fame (Fame is directly gained from completing quests and the higher the reputation, the better the fame reward, up to a defined amount. Higher level quest givers are hard to level up reputation so fame has to be worked for and can't be easily farmed all day long).

3 - Taming that dino! You are directed back to dinoville with your new dino (Unridable till tamed) and the quest, taming that dino pops up. It leads you to the dino tamer (next to the dino shop). Once there he congratulates on your new dino and offers his/her help in taming it. First off you need a saddle and harness. You follow the quest to the shop, pick up the items (That are free for the first taming) and head back to the tamer. They then ask you to bring them more taming biscuits, as you have some but not enough. They direct you to a quest giver who might have some to offer. They are in goldfields (Or mokon if you went to goldfields for your first dino) Same thing as before, complete some quests to gain reputation then they offer you the remaining taming biscuits for your help. A quick note - you can alternatively buy the taming biscuits from the dino tamer for gold/DD. All items in their store are purchasable via both coin and DD respectively. Anyway, so you get back with the remaining biscuits and hand them over with your dino. The tamer says it will take him 1 hour to tame the dinosaur so he directs you to a quest giver who offers serum. This allows you to gain enough serum for your new tamed dino. You go off, farm some Serum and return on time. He says your new dino responded well to training and is ready for use. Woohoo!! So you go into your bag and click equip. A message pops up asking you to name your dino and also asks its gender (A subtle addition that add a personal touch to the dino and allows to player to feel a greater ownership). Once done you can equip it and continue on your journey.

4 - Conclusions of this system By gaining a new dino in this manner, opposed to the current one.You have a much higher level of motivation throughout the whole process. You feel a strong need to help the dino and make it your own, which in turn pushes you along the quest. Once you finally get it you can say you really earned it. So what next? I suggest a new dino quest, such as this pops up at around lvl 10, lvl 15, lvl 20, lvl 30 and Every 10 levels from then on. Each time the quest activates you get a choice of a dino from a certain zone. Once more maps are added we could maybe have up to 4 dinos to choose from (Two meat eaters and two plant eaters for the vegans out there). Or still just two, it's debatable really.

Also to build on this. The dino shop will contain different dinos that are added to the game as time goes on. Some will be special and only up for the month, then rotated to allow players who missed it to nab it later on. They are already fully tamed and ride able upon purchase. You can either buy them through gold or DD, respective to the amount. so those unwilling to farm for DD can go and buy straight up. And with my fame change, coming only from quests; it means that elections won't be claim based but quest based to progress. This means that everyone is able to progress depending on the effort and hard work they put into the quests, not how big their clan is and how many people they can bully into submission to control the election process. I can see a lot of happy faces coming from at least this change. The rewards will also be changed in my opinion so skins and dinos are taken out and placed in the shop or quests, depending on your level. So gaining a rex will mean you have to be a high level to get it. I believe that even a casual player who spends a few hours in the game deserves the chance to get the rex of brachi without having to be a pvp god of war or a wallet warrior (or even a mix of both).

Instead the rewards for reach a high tier in elections could be a reward pack. They could contain a title for your character that relates to the newly won post, a special clothing item that you can pick out of a small selection, also a reward bundle of either serum or gun kits (you can pick) and a dino voucher, allowing the player a percentage off a dino at the store (lets say 25% off for the first top tier in elections, 50% off for the next and 100% off for the sheriff). As you progress you get better reward bundles, Sheriff will give the best! This change means that those in elections do benefit from the rewards as well as the sheriff being able to still buy a rex with the 100% off voucher, so no one is at a loss if things change. You can still keep daily fame reward from election positions as that is entirely fair in my opinion, but everyone is welcome to pitch in ideas.

Lastly I will go over claims. Seeing as a changed the fame system I now have to explain the new claim idea. There will still be mines, spawn points and teleporters and these are player/clan owned. Mines give gold that can be sold for a high rate of DD. Spawn points give raw energy that can be used for supplying a claim and can alternatively be traded in for serum or gun kits. Lastly the teleporters give DD as well but at a lower cost, acting similar to toll booths. You gotta pay up if you want to fast travel.

This is all that I have for now but I am working on making these ideas better. I welcome all feedback and hope that people will pitch in and help me develop these ideas into a fully working model that can be taken by the devs and implemented if and when they see fit. Thanks for taking the time to read this giant post! See you in game :D

Glasstankerz

Reaction score
Sounds good, I like the quest lines/stories and the claims would add a touch of economy to the game other them the auction house.

Dino's right now seem to be handed out like candy so this proposed improvement would make people work for their dino if they wanted it which again would stop everyone having the same dino/dino's.

over all I like it. I like it a lot.

raptor123

Reaction score
Wow sounds great :D you have alot of creative ideas here i think they would make this game even better maybe more people would play it if they improved and changed this game following some of your awesome ideas. Well glass pretty much summed up what i was about to say for the next bit about the dinos... alot of people have the same one and yeah i think people should work hard for there dino take me for exsample I farmed a very long time to get the money for my carno and then soon after they unlocked everything... xD but thats ok cause i feel proud anyway that i was able to do it. I hope they will listen to your oppion and follow your ideas your very creative i like this alot well done.

raptor123

Tyrannus

Reaction score
Wow just wow... I can't really say anything besides what glass and raptor said. Your idea (IMO) is nothing below amazing! It would definitely get people more motivated to trying to gain a new dino (as opposed to the "do this to get this dino, do this to get that dino, etc.) it would definitely get me more motivated. A question though. When you said that as you level up (10, 15, 20, 30, etc) you'll have access to quests that allow you to unlock new dinos. Does this mean that dinos that are unlocked at early levels are weaker than those you can get at higher levels? Or is this mainly to change the fact that there are loads of carnos and centros hanging about, and to add a balanced amount of each dino? Anyways, this is probably the best suggestion I have seen on these boards as of yet, and I do hope this (or something similar) gets added to the game. Thank you for this wonderful suggestion! :D

Vulture

Reaction score
thank you guys on the encouraging comments :) it took me about two weeks of research to devise and come up with. I looked at ways to benefit the main player base as a whole.

In answer to your question Tyrannus, I mostly think the higher level dinos should just be an exclusive dino to stop the "Everyone has a carno" Issue. Maybe only have about 1 or 2 stat difference, thus not affecting the balance in any way major. :)

And maybe down the line similar quests can exist for guns, but instead of finding them you could have quests to make guns, based on blueprints found from quests as you level up. You just go out and collect parts from the world and selected quest givers.

Associated1992

Reaction score
Sounds like an extreme amount of work but, totally makes sense and is a good base for a seemingly very good game.

However, I think it is a bit too different than how the game currently runs. A few of these ideas could be implemented but, I doubt something will be done as a whole.

benziboy

Reaction score
I really like you idea but i think that it should be more like level 7 or so to enter as boredom might set in after being stuck in dionvile for so long, maybe having access to only parts of mokon woods could work with you needing a higher level to go deeper into the woods. Otherwise more quests will need to be added to dinovile for people to not get bored plus be able to get to level 10 without doing the same quests over and over again e.g. i only reached level 6 when i had done all the quests in dinovile

Hyenasaurus

Reaction score
I support this one as well, but I doubt it'd be implemented. They'd have to rework all the quests and dialogue basically from scratch, as well as change the game guide <:/

Vulture

Reaction score
yeah, I agree that it is probably too hard to add currently as it requires lots of reworking and changing. But maybe some of it can be used. Like the claims, fame from quests, reputation, level based dinos (to stop everyone having the same thing but still able to get them all without being in elections. Benzi, I guess level 5 or 6 could be for the first new dino. Or just add a few more exp to the quests to compensate :)

benziboy

Reaction score
Vulture said:
Benzi, I guess level 5 or 6 could be for the first new dino. Or just add a few more exp to the quests to compensate :)
yep i agree :mrgreen:

Sentior

Reaction score
The current dino system allows everyone to test out most of the dinosaurs - allowing them to pick one they like. It also allows a high reward for achieving far in the game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I like your idea for a larger kind of quest, to get more attachment to a dinosaur and help players advance. However, I dislike your reputation idea. This would allow farming of a specific quest giver - currently the game is completely the other way around. I prefer the way the game is now, since that forces you to change quest givers at points, and not simply find the best one and stick with that one..

I would dislike removing a special dinosaur for achieving far in the game. Currently it is very hard to obtain - but after you went trough all that work, you have something to show for it. The brachi is already quite easy to obtain. (On a side note - yay for being a PvP god of war for having a brachi :D)

Your change with claims sounds interesting, but it sounds like they will become even more sought after then. I would certainly defend my claims more ferociously if i got Dino Dollars and Serums / Gun Kits from holding them.

Dimon101

Reaction score
An expanded Tutorial is my suggestion. Your expanded quests kinda is similar to that, and i agree some of this game needs some tweaking. For example, the annoying 30minute to 1 hour disconnect bug. Also, i like alot of your ideas about a expanded beginning and "breaking" the dino, like a horse. I think it should be similar how you broke horses on Red Dead Redemption, with you pushing left or right to stay on during a time period. :D

One other thing..perhaps we could make the player's attachment even more to the dino..give a quest specific to the dino your riding. This could be based on the dino's level it is. For example, walking across a random map, a pop-up window pops up telling you the dino wants to go a certain way. You will have a choice of either letting it lead you somewhere or take control of it again. The dino may take you to a nest of eggs, or, a injured dino that the riding dino is familiar with (like it is from the same egg clutch). Each dino would have their own specific quest, and different quests at different levels. Perhaps they would even enhance the dino's abilities and attacks. Good suggestion and idea huh? :geek: