What's new

101-->Taking and Posting Screenshots

Muk Pile

Reaction score
I have heard SO many people ask how to take a screenshot and post them on the forum.

So, I am making this 10-step process to taking and posting a screenshot, and I am posting it in the Fan pages/Artwork section of the forum, where most of you will be posting those pictures.

Alright! Here we go:

1.) Look in the upper-right corner of your keyboard. Do you see a button label "Prt Scr"? If so, good! That is the "Print Screen" button.

2.) When you want to take a screenshot, just hit this button.

3.) Okay, now you have a screenshot. But if you want to view it and save it, you must immediately put it into a file. You will lose your screenshot when you hit the "Print Screen" button again. I usually use "Microsoft Office Picture Manager", but "Paint" will works just fine.

4.) Now, you can edit that picture in anyway you want: crop it, compress it, paint a mustache on your carno's face, etc.

5.) Save your picture (Please make sure it's not in Bitmap form; it won't let you load it. Try to convert it to JPG. Also, please compress it so it's under 100kb!)

6.) When you want to post it on the forum, first open up a new post. Then, right below the posting screen, click on the "Upload Attachment" tab next to the "Options" tab.

7.) Click the "Browse" button and select your the file with your screenshot in it.

8.) Fill out the "File Comment" box with any comments you'd like to make about the picture.

9.) Then hit "Add the File" button.

10.) If you want to place the picture somewhere within the post (and not after the post as it will automatically do), then click the "Place Incline" button and move the new line of text that will appear where ever you want it in your post.

So, that sums up the whole 10-step process in a nut-shell! Hope this helps you all and can't wait to see your pictures!!