What's new

How do gold coins work across different servers?

L_O_X_I

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Loxi
Clan
-
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't fully understand how this works.

I have an account with two rangers on two different servers. After purchasing gold coins for DS+, I noticed that the gold coins appeared on both servers. However, when I bought something from the store, the gold coins decreased on both servers. How does this system work?

When I complete a quest that rewards me with gold coins, those coins don't transfer over to the other server.

How can I keep track of my gold coins when I want to use my purchased coins on Server A and only spend the rewarded gold coins on the other server? I haven’t seen any notification distinguishing between bought and rewarded gold coins.

I expected there would be a difference shown when hovering over or clicking on the gold coins in the menu.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The gold that is purchased is available for all teh rangers on all servers, if you buy something with it, it is then deducted from the global pool you have.
The gold you get for completing npcs or from achievements is server based and only available for the specific one where it was earned.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Fire Glob
Clan
clanless
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't fully understand how this works.

I have an account with two rangers on two different servers. After purchasing gold coins for DS+, I noticed that the gold coins appeared on both servers. However, when I bought something from the store, the gold coins decreased on both servers. How does this system work?

When I complete a quest that rewards me with gold coins, those coins don't transfer over to the other server.

How can I keep track of my gold coins when I want to use my purchased coins on Server A and only spend the rewarded gold coins on the other server? I haven’t seen any notification distinguishing between bought and rewarded gold coins.

I expected there would be a difference shown when hovering over or clicking on the gold coins in the menu.
When u buy specific amount of Gold Coins it's the amount that has been given to your acconout to use on any server you want to play. The game can not read from which specific server you are buying it therefore the amount of your gc is given to use on all servers. Keep in mind that you can use only the amount that u have bought which means if you bought 2k gc and lets say on one server u bought something for 500gc it means that 1.5k gc is still left for you to use on any server that u want (including the one u already used on) that's why the amount is decreasing.

What's good in this system in my opinion is that after you buy some gold on your acc and u buy something the game first uses your own collected gold that u already had on the acc before using this bought gold. For example let's say I have 300 gc on my acc and I bought 350 which gives us 650 of gc in total. But I also bought a skin for 400 gc so the game first uses 300gc that I've already collected and 100 from those which I've bought. In the end I have still 250 of bought gc that I can use on different server if I want.

L_O_X_I

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Loxi
Clan
-
The gold that is purchased is available for all teh rangers on all servers, if you buy something with it, it is then deducted from the global pool you have.
The gold you get for completing npcs or from achievements is server based and only available for the specific one where it was earned.
But there is no way to see the difference between 'bought' gold coins and 'reward' gold coins? Or do I need to keep track of what % of the current gold coins is from the rewards in that server?

Like the profile would say 2.500 gold coins and when you hover/click the gold coins it will shows:
  • 2000 gold coins serverless
  • 500 gold coins Eu4

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
But there is no way to see the difference between 'bought' gold coins and 'reward' gold coins? Or do I need to keep track of what % of the current gold coins is from the rewards in that server?

Like the profile would say 2.500 gold coins and when you hover/click the gold coins it will shows:
  • 2000 gold coins serverless
  • 500 gold coins Eu4
That is indeed true, there is no way to distinguish between both sorts of gold once they are part of your wallet. But if i'm not mistaken completly, the rewarded gold is subtracted first from the wallet and then the purchased gold.

to stay with your example, if you buy a skin on Eu4 for 1000 gold, your gold from Eu4 will be used completly and then 500 gold from the serverless pool, resulting in 1500 gold that is still available across all servers.

L_O_X_I

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Loxi
Clan
-
That is indeed true, there is no way to distinguish between both sorts of gold once they are part of your wallet. But if i'm not mistaken completly, the rewarded gold is subtracted first from the wallet and then the purchased gold.

to stay with your example, if you buy a skin on Eu4 for 1000 gold, your gold from Eu4 will be used completly and then 500 gold from the serverless pool, resulting in 1500 gold that is still available across all servers.
Yes, that's correct, but you can't easily see how much gold you have left on Server A because you also have quest gold on Server B.

Maybe the devs could make it easier for players to view both types of gold coins? I'm sure the game system recognizes the two types and could simply display the total in the player's profile. Just an idea 😊