Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello Developers, GMs and fellow dino storm players!

In order to make the game better for everyone, i will post a simple list with some of the Bugs which we encounter while playing the game and some Ideas that could make the game more fun.

Starting with the Bugs:-

1) The bug that bug that causes players to see themselves in a place where they are not at, for example: when someone is walking from Otis to Grovesnor, he might find that an animal/player is shooting him from Otis while the user sees himself at Grovesnor, it’s like someone is shooting us from the other half of the map and if we die, we find ourselves dead next to the one that killed us while we were in the other half of the map, it also affects pvp, like when i try to keep my distance from coelophysis users so they dont stun me, i find them still stunning me from like 10 meters away an sometimes they stun me even if im 0.1 cm close to them.

2) The bug that cause the game to instantly crash sometimes when we click on someone, start shooting him or him starting to shoot us, for example someone give me 1 shot and my game instantly crash for no reason.

3) The bug that cause stability implant to not work at all against paralyzes from ankylosaurus and peace maker ability, cus before the last updates stability was turning the ankylosaurus paralyze ability to last 1-2 seconds instead of 6 but now it doesn’t work at all.

4) The bug that cause us to not be able to shoot some players but it rarely happens, like when we click on a player we don’t even see the “attack” button nor works even if we click “space” button from our keyboard unless we relog the game.

These are the major Bugs for now.

Now for the Ideas that would make the game more fun, i’d like if you think about those ideas cus we “players” would really like it.

-The first 2 ideas are taken from “Pirate Galaxy”

1) The ability for clans to make an “alliance” with each other inside the game itself, like a clan to send an invitation request to other clans to join in it’s alliance, and that clan founder can then add/remove clans from it’s alliance list.

2) There is local, global and clan chats, but we’d like if you’d add an “alliance” chat also based on “idea number 1” back there, where all the members of the clans in 1 alliance can talk with each other in this “alliance” chat while other players in the server can’t see what they write.

3) When a building is being held by other clans, we see it green in the map and in the main screen, when that building is being drained, we see it red in the map and in the main screen, when it’s being held by a clan that the player is in, he see it purple on the map, but he see it green in the main screen, we’d like if we can see the building itself purple in the main screen as well.

Those are 3 nice ideas that could make the game better and make the communication between ally clans in wars better.

Thank you for your time ^^

Thround

Reaction score
Hello,

About bugs you mentioned (1,2,4), these are actually not bugs, but more like connection and performance issues related to your client. A player with good enough PC & stable internet connection would be less likely to face such issues.

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello,

About bugs you mentioned (1,2,4), these are actually not bugs, but more like connection and performance issues related to your client. A player with good enough PC & stable internet connection would be less likely to face such issues.
(1) maybe is a connection issue but (2 and 4) are not connection issues, when my game is on 60 fps as it always is, sometimes when i click on “attack” my game instantly crash for no specific reason, and the other one when sometimes i dont even see the button “attack” on a specific player until i relog, like he is able to shoot me but i cant even find the attack button to start shooting him back, i only see “profile” and “whisper”

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
2) The bug that cause the game to instantly crash sometimes when we click on someone, start shooting him or him starting to shoot us, for example someone give me 1 shot and my game instantly crash for no reason.
This one is really hard to track down. We know that most of these instant crashes are related to a "Out Video Memory" error in DirectX that might be caused by a leak somewhere in code. But its not easy to find it. :confused:

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
This one is really hard to track down. We know that most of these instant crashes are related to a "Out Video Memory" error in DirectX that might be caused by a leak somewhere in code. But its not easy to find it. :confused:
Well i was just giving my opinion about the real bug issues for all players in the game 😂 and those by far are the most annoying bugs a player could get except bug number (3), it’s just that on stability status it says that it counters both stun and paralyze but in real fight it doesn’t affect paralyze at all.

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
*sad reaction*

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
2 bugs I could remember now.
  • When you have weak internet connection, the game most likely crash when you click on a player name from chat.
  • Daily fame change bug. (Sheriff players lose 3x fame sometimes, it's a known issue and often rarely but annoying. I had 40 k fame and when I logged in next day, my fame was 38 k, next day 36 k, 34 k and so on. It kept going for a week like this. I think it is related with sheriff monument system)

and some unbalanced stuff...
  • Yager's second skill deals 3x - 4x damage as critical hit. (Normal critical hits deals approx 2x damage if I am right)
  • That's also annoying when our skills get dodged. (There may be new implants or techs for this in future maybe.)
  • And... please add confirmation window for renewing equipables & selling skins & buying stuff with gold coins.

Last edited:

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
I’d like to add number 4 in the Ideas for the game.

4) Allow the leader and right hands of the clan to be able to send dino dollars from the clan fund to other members in the clan, cus say a clan already have all 30 clan inventory pages and 80 member slots, what should they do with the rest of the dino dollars that are being donated in the clan fund?

Yhemmy18

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
0-USA_7I30_KR4K3N-0
Clan
- Olympus Gotter -
Xx-Tito-xX

Thanks for your idea, but personally I would say that it is a matter of game economy,

Maybe in the future, your idea of what to do with the rest of the clan's dino-dollars will come in handy to add something else to the clan's options so you can spend that money.

I have seen that the team is taking care of the daily errors that the players report and of stabilizing the attacks, at the moment I do not think that they add something like what you are suggesting

maybe in the future if it's done it wouldn't be a bad idea to spend those clan dollars on something else :geek:

Have a nice day:celebrate:

Kraken.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
it also affects pvp, like when i try to keep my distance from coelophysis users so they dont stun me, i find them still stunning me from like 10 meters away an sometimes they stun me even if im 0.1 cm close to them.
Hello,

Thorund that about the stuns, is it something about the connection issues? because i played ds with a conection of 100 mbps of download and 12 mbps of uploading and i still had that problem with stuns, even if i was above that player they can stun me, and that too happend with mobs from GF, Mokon, GV, CV. Many other players reported that on here or in support.

Thround

Reaction score
Thorund that about the stuns, is it something about the connection issues? because i played ds with a conection of 100 mbps of download and 12 mbps of uploading and i still had that problem with stuns, even if i was above that player they can stun me, and that too happend with mobs from GF, Mokon, GV, CV. Many other players reported that on here or in support.
The reason this is happening is because what you see in your client or your opponent is not what is really happening in server. In the case you mentioned, the problem is not in you, but your opponent. He have a small delay that for him, it seems the skill is still available, and he's clicking it, and for you, it seems like you are exactly on top of him. once his delay ends, the game client from his side will perform a stun anyway as a form of lag combat instead of neglecting all what he did in that delay period.

You could also notice what I just mentioned when you see players walking on mountains and hills. They have had a delay that showed for them that they walked in correct normal pass, but as a form of lag combat, they walked into straight line, and were allowed to bypass mountains and hills, instead of hitting one and stuck at that point, until their delay ends.

In mobs case, I think that was intended, they will be able to perform a stun regardless of distance. They have different mechanism than that players have.

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Hey,

Have you tried updating to Windows 10 May 2020 Update ? It have Hardware Accelerated GPU Schedulling which might make some difference. Just in case if you run into problems you can always roll back to previous Windows version.

Best Regards,
Enix

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
He have a small delay that for him, it seems the skill is still available, and he's clicking it, and for you, it seems like you are exactly on top of him. once his delay ends, the game client from his side will perform a stun anyway as a form of lag combat instead of neglecting all what he did in that delay period.
is there any way for correct or prevent that? because that would be a main problem in the game even if they balance everything melee combat would still be imposible

Thround

Reaction score
is there any way for correct or prevent that?
The only option available for now is disabling that mechanism, but this means that each time a player have lag, even if little small, he wouldn't be able to act at all, and not even shoot. And Since lag is a major issue for many players, well...

because that would be a main problem in the game even if they balance everything melee combat would still be imposible
No, if Balance worked as intended, Stuns will be far less dangerous. It will still be annoying, but not a major concern.

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
Ok all your replies sounds reasonable so far but that was about the Bugs but no one did any reply about the first 3 Ideas..
@Thround you think by any chance we can have these ideas released soon in the game? I know that the Devs are busy with other issues right now, i didnt say we want those ideas right now, but i just need a confirmation with a yes/no if we can even have these Ideas soon in the game.

Thank you!

Thround

Reaction score
@Thround you think by any chance we can have these ideas released soon in the game? I know that the Devs are busy with other issues right now, i didnt say we want those ideas right now, but i just need a confirmation with a yes/no if we can even have these Ideas soon in the game.
Well, you are asking the wrong person, since I don't decide about updates, nor develop them. I can give you my opinion tho.

Since The Dev Shack #05 – A Long, Long List of Changes was implemented into game, the game have evolved from being a co-operation between Players in one clan into a co-operation between clans in one Alliance. Now whether we support this concept or not, that's the real question here. It kind of doesn't match with the game plot.

But I would say that if that's what players wants, then maybe we should embrace that change. That's for your first two ideas. Now for the third, I don't think it is neither necessary nor simple to be made.

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Hey,

Have you tried updating to Windows 10 May 2020 Update ? It have Hardware Accelerated GPU Schedulling which might make some difference. Just in case if you run into problems you can always roll back to previous Windows version.

Best Regards,
Enix
Since when Dino Storm works on GPU?

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
1) The ability for clans to make an “alliance” with each other inside the game itself, like a clan to send an invitation request to other clans to join in it’s alliance, and that clan founder can then add/remove clans from it’s alliance list.

2) There is local, global and clan chats, but we’d like if you’d add an “alliance” chat also based on “idea number 1” back there, where all the members of the clans in 1 alliance can talk with each other in this “alliance” chat while other players in the server can’t see what they write.

i love these ideas and i think its something that should've been implemented a long time ago. i know that, loooong long ago, the game was more focused on individual clans fighting for dominance, but every server now has a dominant alliance. that would be a HUGE help for communication in war, although i do know the popularity of discord has helped with communication in war. still, having an in-game chat would be nice if you don't speak the same language as everyone else so you can translate.

3) When a building is being held by other clans, we see it green in the map and in the main screen, when that building is being drained, we see it red in the map and in the main screen, when it’s being held by a clan that the player is in, he see it purple on the map, but he see it green in the main screen, we’d like if we can see the building itself purple in the main screen as well.
i think this is a nice idea too, a little quality of life update. perhaps to add onto this, if the alliance system were added, alliance buildings could be a different color on the screens as well? like if your ally has buildings in say, goldfields, for you they'll show up as blue or something? it gets a little tedious checking all buildings during war to see if your enemies have taken anything.

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
i think this is a nice idea too, a little quality of life update. perhaps to add onto this, if the alliance system were added, alliance buildings could be a different color on the screens as well? like if your ally has buildings in say, goldfields, for you they'll show up as blue or something? it gets a little tedious checking all buildings during war to see if your enemies have taken anything.
Yes i was thinking about that also that ally builds could be in turquoise color as well as many more ideas but i didn’t think i should put them on the list cus then that would be a lot of effort for 6 Developers to work on 🙄

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Also, may I add some few more ideas

• Ability to share items with Friends: It'll be best if we had a feature to share our stuff from our inventory to other players.
  • Sort Clan Members based on levels: I'd love to see the clan pages, sorted into levels. The higher levels are first then lower levels. It gives a clear overview of the clan members.
  • Lock Opponent When Doing PvP: When I'm about to do a PVP, a few seconds after, I find myself that I have to lock my target again. It's as if, the system lost my target on whom to attack. It sometimes becomes frustrating and we lose 1 second and we die trying to find the target again. Can't tell if it's a bug or no but I would love to see that fix.
  • Last Online: I know that I'm being pushy on the features, but I'd like to see when my friends or clan members were last online.

All in all, I'm not expecting these features for another 6 months, knowing how much people are currently working on the game.

I know that this is not said frequently, but dear Developer/people working on DS. There are a lot of people that appreciate the work you do.

Good luck!, hope one of them read this post. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
To be honest, the trading thing wont be such a good idea cus then players will just trade skins and cloths with each others, along with upgrading items and boosters.. no hard work in that at all, only the idea to give members dino dollars from the clan fund would be a good idea cus then all players in 1 clan can help each others in wars, etc.

But the rest of your ideas are good tho, just hope Devs see it 😂

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
no hard work in that at all, only the idea to give members dino dollars from the clan fund would be a good idea cus then all players in 1 clan can help each other in wars, etc.
That's the point. There are many that find it hard to level up and reach the top where they can do wars- which is where the fun is. I'm sure the developer can find a way by limiting the items that could be shared.

Hope that they see these posts though.

cheers!

Cobra

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Cobra -
Clan
Asian Fighter
Trading should be introduced in some huge games there are some good ways of getting higher without too much grinding and hard work so trading would be a really good feature that would make the game a little more interesting