nyssa

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
nyssa
Clan
__R3V0LT4__
Here is the prepared WIP changelog for next week that did not make it into tomorrow's update:

Bountiful Claims · New Fame Channel for User PVE & PvP!
  • Chunks of Gold Ore are now spawning next to Claim sites. These chunks can be mined by all players, as long as they are not using PvP Protection.
    • Mining chunks requires players to have the "Duelist" or "Outlaw" status. If you attempt to mine a Chunk of Gold Ore without having a PvP status yet, you will be greeted with the usual PvP action confirmation window.
    • Mining chunks is achieved simply by interacting with them. Mining a chunk will produce one of the following fame items:
      • Gold Tinsel
      • Gold Nugget
    • Fame items that are obtained by mining Chunks of Gold Ore go directly to the inventory of the player mining the chunk.
  • Claim sites can be operated by clans just like before; fame item output is in no way connected to the spawning of Chunks of Gold Ore.
  • Like Travel Gates, Claims now produce Standard, Advanced and Elite Medals that clans can collect.
    • This means that less fame is produced in the site itself (just as much as Travel Gates are producing), but if a little time is invested into mining the Chunks of Gold Ore in the direct vicinity of the site, a lot more fame can be earned.
How, exactly, does this benefit the bigger clans (game's main source of income) that regularly drain/maintain a good number of claim sites? It sounds like it'll be easier to just camp the mines and forget the rest, and where's the fun in that?

Last edited:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
So if one player farms specific chunk does that mean no other player will be able to mine that exact chunk at same time?

How many chunk ores would you plan per each claim?

Would said chunks disappear after certain amount of mining or does mining stop for player after they filled their inventory?
Yes that is correct. The player that started the mining first will get the contents of it. Attacking a player will abort the mining though. Same as when collecting items.

Spawned gold rocks are random between all claims on a map and will spawn ~6 items every ~3 minutes. Spawn interval will also adjusted by the townhall activity in the same way as available buildings too keep fame channels consistent to each other. These numbers are the initial values and most likely might change.

Gold rocks are despawned after a time when they are not collected or after a player has mined them.

How, exactly, does this benefit the bigger clans (game's main source of income) that regularly drain/maintain a good number of claim sites? It sounds like it'll be easier to just camp the mines and forget the rest, and where's the fun in that?
Each fame channel will be balanced against each other to stay relevant. That also includes frame from clothing/skins.

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
Update is dropping tomorrow that hopefully should help to improve things:

The alternative PVE/PVP channel to gain fame items sadly is not ready yet to be included, but will be deployed next week.
@Highway How does this improve the game exactly?

nyssa

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
nyssa
Clan
__R3V0LT4__
Yes that is correct. The player that started the mining first will get the contents of it. Attacking a player will abort the mining though. Same as when collecting items.

Spawned gold rocks are random between all claims on a map and will spawn ~6 items every ~3 minutes. Spawn interval will also adjusted by the townhall activity in the same way as available buildings too keep fame channels consistent to each other. These numbers are the initial values and most likely might change.

Gold rocks are despawned after a time when they are not collected or after a player has mined them.

Each fame channel will be balanced against each other to stay relevant. That also includes frame from clothing/skins.
In this case, wouldn't it be better if the mining feature only occurred during attack hours? Staying glued to the mines 24/7 can't possibly be sustainable for anyone, both in attack and defense.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Initial impression: this new proposed activity seems impossible to balance against the two other means of gaining fame.
  • Combat fame: can be only farmed for an hour daily. Players that join the game for 2 hours and players that are active for 12 hours daily gain a similar amount of fame.
  • Site fame: after the recent changes it is obtained after 2 hours of work of your whole group. Theoretically, large clans collect a large number of sites, while smaller ones may gain control over a couple of them. The site fame is then shared across many clan members (either it gets shared every day equally or over time, i.e. player X gains fame this month, and player Y the next month). Players that join the game for 2 hours and players that are active for 12 hours daily still gain a similar amount of fame (over time).
  • Ore mining: the player that is active the most wins. That's it, simple as that. The more time you can spend safely mining ores, the more fame you gain at the end of the day. Players that exploit the game using multi accounts could log during the night while the activity is low and simultaneously mine ores across multiple servers. Meanwhile others that are active on multiple servers, but not using multi-accounts would be semi-forced to give up on the other servers and focus on one.

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
Here is the prepared WIP changelog for next week that did not make it into tomorrow's update:

• Chunks of Gold Ore are now spawning next to Claim sites. These chunks can be mined by all players, as long as they are not using PvP Protection.
    • Mining chunks requires players to have the "Duelist" or "Outlaw" status. If you attempt to mine a Chunk of Gold Ore without having a PvP status yet, you will be greeted with the usual PvP action confirmation window.
    • Mining chunks is achieved simply by interacting with them. Mining a chunk will produce one of the following fame items:
      • Gold Tinsel
      • Gold Nugget
    • Fame items that are obtained by mining Chunks of Gold Ore go directly to the inventory of the player mining the chunk.
  • Claim sites can be operated by clans just like before; fame item output is in no way connected to the spawning of Chunks of Gold Ore.
  • Like Travel Gates, Claims now produce Standard, Advanced and Elite Medals that clans can collect.
    • This means that less fame is produced in the site itself (just as much as Travel Gates are producing), but if a little time is invested into mining the Chunks of Gold Ore in the direct vicinity of the site, a lot more fame can be earned.
I believe this update will work on low populated servers like the server i am playing. Small groups that are not part of big alliance now can have pieace of fame cake.

Since no one will camp mines in low populated servers, players will be able to get fame according to their efforts in a day.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-

• Gold Tinsel
      • Gold Nugget
At first read, this idea has the potential to increase the game activity, assuming that it is possible to mine all hours, and depending on the value of the fame you set, players may find this attractive. The outcome may increase the overall activity in the game during protected hours. Another likely outcome would be that, if there are a lot of players who are eventually mining, then it may motivate them to join the Town Hall, which would result in an increased activity overall in terms of elections.

If we have the possibility of mining all hours, then the enemy clans that don't hold towers, have the possibility to mine those ore, in a way, that would be also an option for them.

Mining chunks is achieved simply by interacting with them.
(/)

To be constantly required to interact with the mine is a good precaution against players who might farm those ores while AFK or with Multi-account.

Like Travel Gates, Claims now produce Standard, Advanced and Elite Medals that clans can collect
So, it mean that the output value from a Claim will be close to or similar to a Travel Gate?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Ore mining: the player that is active the most wins. That's it, simple as that. The more time you can spend safely mining ores, the more fame you gain at the end of the day.
Player's being active is a negative thing?

Since, there will be a limit on the ore quantity that can be mined.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan

• Gold Tinsel
      • Gold Nugget
in short, the new mechanic is to stand near the mine, collecting fame? 🤨🤨

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
So, it mean that the output value from a Claim will be close to or similar to a Travel Gate?
Yes a claim will be produce the same medals and quantity as travel gates. But you have the extra benefit that gold rocks can be mined close by. Theoretically if you mine all the ores spawned in the 2 hours you would get more fame than before on a claim.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Player's being active is a negative thing?

Since, there will be a limit on the ore quantity that can be mined.
Not necessarily but I don't see how it will be balanced when other means of collecting fame are much more limited. Why is combat fame from clothing only obtainable during one hour? If you could farm combat fame all day, it would come down to the same result as this ore mining, and yet devs have decided that limiting it was the way to move forward.

To be constantly required to interact with the mine is a good precaution against players who might farm those ores while AFK or with Multi-account.
If it is similar to some of the quests we already have in the game, it could get automated. It's not that uncommon for players to automate repetitive mouse clicks, e.g. sending fame. But after the increase of value for fame items, the usage of those programs probably decreased.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Not necessarily but I don't see how it will be balanced when other means of collecting fame are much more limited. Why is combat fame from clothing only obtainable during one hour? If you could farm combat fame all day, it would come down to the same result as this ore mining, and yet devs have decided that limiting it was the way to move forward.
You are raising some good points.

However, I still do not see your arguments about being active. They could remove the 1-hour limit and just let the players obtain the total fame that their wearables set would otherwise provide them in 4 days, in simply 24 hours, it would simply not match the amount obtained from mining the Claims.

That's just an assumption since we have yet to know the amount that those ores provide.

Because the main source of fame would still be from Sites, secondary would be the Claims, and last the wearables set. That's how I imagine it. That's how it should be structured anyway.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
They could remove the 1-hour limit and just let the players obtain the total fame that their wearables set would otherwise provide them in 4 days, in simply 24 hours, it would simply not match the amount obtained from mining the Claims.
What I was trying to say was: while designing the Combat Fame Time mechanic, a decision was made that players would only be able to use it for one hour each day, no matter how active they are. There must have been some kind of reasoning for that decision, perhaps it was deemed overpowered to allow it to scale with how long players are trully active.

Now this new mechanic does the complete opposite. It rewards players for being online as long as possible. It would be the same as re-designing the fame gained from clothes. Imagine if there wasn't a limit and you could farm daily combat fame as much as you wanted, repairing or changing your clothes every 4 hours. And like I mentioned earlier, a decision was made to not allow it to happen and limit the amount of fame that can be gained each day that way. Ore mining does not have such a limit, so it seems unbalanced when compared to current mechanics.

I am not the one to judge if it is better to have the limits in game or not, just making a comparison.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Ore mining does not have such a limit, so it seems unbalanced when compared to current mechanics.
That's an overstatement since we have yet to see it at play. They can still change these variables on the fly to balance it out compared to other methods of obtaining fame.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
In this case, wouldn't it be better if the mining feature only occurred during attack hours? Staying glued to the mines 24/7 can't possibly be sustainable for anyone, both in attack and defense.
Players request pvp content outside of the protection phase, don't ask for something that isn't necessary.

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
Will there be any special bandits to fight with . I suggest the use of those armored bandit you guys had in the wallpaper when farming the ore

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Will there be any special bandits to fight with . I suggest the use of those armored bandit you guys had in the wallpaper when farming the ore
This new mine mechanic was supposed to have bandits, but apparently they will be added later.

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
The new mechanic is integrating with the "Held by Dinoville" site logic which is informed by Town Hall activity, which means that the number of sites that are held by Dinoville will not increase through this update!

Does this mean that if a clan keeps holding example at mw and when dv take their gate. DV release a previously owned building as (held by: -). So like a neutral gate.. and like the first conflict phase right after EG3 everyone gotta rush to the point to claim? And whoever drain most of neutral gate get it?

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvet
For those who already have buildings, collecting minerals is something extra for you, why are you complaining about how this would benefit those who already have buildings?

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
Devs, you win.

After tonight's conflict phase, out of our ally of 70+ people, only 7 or so showed up.

Many people have left the game, and for good reason. You cannot force people to play the game at the time you want them to play; it's just not logical.

One of my friends could not find a server with a conflict phase that matched his time zone, so he outright quit the game, and I don't blame him.

Others have decided that losing sleep when they have school/work the next morning is just not worth it and have chosen to stop attending conflict phases altogether.

Playing this game is like playing with the corpse of your dead dog, hoping it will move and be alive again, but it's futile because it's dead and best left buried.

GL, guys. I think I'm out as well.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Complicated. Limited. Restrictive.

A perfect description of the first impression of all these changes.
trying to reinvent the wheel feels like an apt descriptor here. dinostorm was popular as it was because the concept was simple, easy to grasp, low barrier of entry. max level was 20 when i first started, two maps, multiple instances between maps, only a handful of upgrade items. now the max level is 55, 5 maps, a million upgrade items, questing takes forever, and unlocking what you want takes forever too... it just feels like for a game like this, simple is better. it did suck in some ways but the way things are now it just feels like too much.

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
A
The new mechanic is integrating with the "Held by Dinoville" site logic which is informed by Town Hall activity, which means that the number of sites that are held by Dinoville will not increase through this update!

Does this mean that if a clan keeps holding example at mw and when dv take their gate. DV release a previously owned building as (held by: -). So like a neutral gate.. and like the first conflict phase right after EG3 everyone gotta rush to the point to claim? And whoever drain most of neutral gate get it?
@Highway , can u elaborate more on this?

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
Any plans to create special bandits to guard those gold ore?