S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
They were not as problematic as today. There were micro alliances, not large ones. Currently, you go on a server and you'll see an alliance as if it's a corporation or something.

If the problem is about alliance, then you go back to day 1 and learn how this problem never occurred in the past.

If you'd go browse the changes and the previous Dev Shack where "everything started to go wrong", you will see that many of these changes favors big group battles instead of individual ones. Obviously, the developers didn't foresee this consequence at that time.

There's no one specific change that led to this. it's a series of them.

You are talking on your own experience, but let me show you mine. I'm Eu1 - Eu2 - Asia1 player currently.

On Asia I am since 2019, on Eu2 since 2012, on Eu1 since 2016. I've also been to America servers and Eu3/4.

Most of these servers were hella active before the Endgame update, Asia had no such thing as a big alliance holding gates non stop. The dynamics of this server did not let that to happen, One side would hold for months, then the other would, both were strong and active.

Eu2 used to be hella active in past aswell, and the enemies were making big troubles to the alliance, Eu1 wasn't any different.

The thing that does not suit me is making the update based on what some of the people been through/think on;/about certain servers. This way the servers that are peacefull are being forced to fight for survival, and I would rather quit the game before fighting my allies that I've grown friends with over years for some gates - there's barely any enemies to give the gates to aswell.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Coming to think of it, if
what was point of maps being as they are now anyway?(I never quite understood that even at time when it was just released update.)
Because it's easier to set level zones i guess (As if that was ever a problem back in the day (I was young as hell and had 0 trouble finding where things are so idk what did devs smoke))

Also zones could've easily been fixed if you'd just mark them on the map or something instead but they just decided to rework every single map for whatever reason

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Also i believe that might be the problem why things are how they are now, like how can you not make allies? Attackers can't physically have any strategy because maps are so linear it takes 2 people standing at 2 spots to block the entire attack

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
The first big update (where maps became one squiggly line and a lot of other things)
Yes exactly, that's where the game started to "decay".

A lot of nonsense changes occurred that the Developers are now trying to undo.

If you see the update that the Devs have done over the last few years, it was not really anything new you could see. It was mostly some rework of an update that didn't work in the past.

Example, they're bringing back the election system to the previous state by giving us the ability to re-apply in an election that we have already won, whilst adding new elements to it. For me it's nothing new, it's just a rework of a bad update.

Even the maps we have asked about a rework, but they introduced Jump Links that are too expensive to purchase and rarely used. Doesn't even solve the problem of the maps.

All of these started with Dev Shack #05 A Long, Long List of Changes I believe.

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
Yes exactly, that's where the game started to "decay".

A lot of nonsense changes occurred that the Developers are now trying to undo.

If you see the update that the Devs have done over the last few years, it was not really anything new you could see. It was mostly some rework of an update that didn't work in the past.

Example, they're bringing back the election system to the previous state by giving us the ability to re-apply in an election that we have already won, whilst adding new elements to it. For me it's nothing new, it's just a rework of a bad update.

Even the maps we have asked about a rework, but they introduced Jump Links that are too expensive to purchase and rarely used. Doesn't even solve the problem of the maps.

All of these started with Dev Shack #05 A Long, Long List of Changes I believe.
They could've undo the previous updates at this point, well in my opinion they aren't fixing anything with the current ones.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I know for a fact, that I do not join elections to win Silver Crown only to waste them on Jump Links.

Jump Links cost 10k DDs to unlock in all maps, The Attacking Phase lasts 2 hours, in those 2 hours, I use them maybe 5 times. You could say that 1% of the time, when an enemy is focussing on one specific zone in the map, they are useful, other than that, this item is worthless and doesn't solve the complaints about maps.

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
You are talking on your own experience, but let me show you mine. I'm Eu1 - Eu2 - Asia1 player currently.

On Asia I am since 2019, on Eu2 since 2012, on Eu1 since 2016. I've also been to America servers and Eu3/4.

Most of these servers were hella active before the Endgame update, Asia had no such thing as a big alliance holding gates non stop. The dynamics of this server did not let that to happen, One side would hold for months, then the other would, both were strong and active.

Eu2 used to be hella active in past aswell, and the enemies were making big troubles to the alliance, Eu1 wasn't any different.

The thing that does not suit me is making the update based on what some of the people been through/think on;/about certain servers. This way the servers that are peacefull are being forced to fight for survival, and I would rather quit the game before fighting my allies that I've grown friends with over years for some gates - there's barely any enemies to give the gates to aswell.
Eu2 was active not because it did damage to the alliance but because eu2 was divided into two different alliances in which they always fought against each other and it's something different from what you're saying now lol

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
I know for a fact, that I do not join elections to win Silver Crown only to waste them on Jump Links.

Jump Links cost 10k DDs to unlock in all maps, The Attacking Phase lasts 2 hours, in those 2 hours, I use them maybe 5 times. You could say that 1% of the time, when an enemy is focussing on one specific zone in the map, they are useful, other than that, this item is worthless and doesn't solve the complaints about maps.
There's like no point in them anymore tbf, like why jumplink to some gate if you can just walk anyway? Not like someone else can get there before you anymore either even if they do they'll just die most likely, and they're pricey asf

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
Eu2 was active not because it did damage to the alliance but because eu2 was divided into two different alliances in which they always fought against each other and it's something different from what you're saying now lol
Tell me more, I don't know eu2 history, I forgot I'm there only since 2012.

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
I'm too lazy to write the whole story, ask your friends they know

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
I'm too lazy to write the whole story, ask your friends they know
That's what I thought. Now I'll ask devs to give the advantage to low lvls against the big ones since you fancy to kill anyone between 1 and 50lvl so much.

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
That's what I thought. Now I'll ask devs to give the advantage to low lvls against the big ones since you fancy to kill anyone between 1 and 50lvl so much.
as if you didn't lol

_Bad BunnY_

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
_Bad BunnY_
Clan
- Ascended Amour -
It seems there are people who don't like the idea of alliances not being as useful as they currently are. Because this way they can gain positions and dominate without doing anything more than having a ghost and inactive clan with portals, like an afk simulator xD, a game is supposed to be for fun and the game is based on PvP and dominance, to create a stability and fun in that. Both sides must exist, but the players and the game method (both things) took it upon themselves to "dedicate themselves to eradicating" even the slightest threat to even a single portal on their servers, so after so much. There aren't that many enemies anywhere, and there never will be if changes aren't made, which is sort of the focus the update is trying to take (although it's not working at the moment). Besides, what's the fun of earning a position or a Rex knowing that there's no satisfaction and you didn't do anything to get it? You don't even need to supply the areas like before, after all. The vast majority of players these days just want to be there, dominating and winning without doing anything else.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
.X- Kyria -X.
Clan
---
It seems there are people who don't like the idea of alliances not being as useful as they currently are. Because this way they can gain positions and dominate without doing anything more than having a ghost and inactive clan with portals, like an afk simulator xD, a game is supposed to be for fun and the game is based on PvP and dominance, to create a stability and fun in that. Both sides must exist, but the players and the game method (both things) took it upon themselves to "dedicate themselves to eradicating" even the slightest threat to even a single portal on their servers, so after so much. There aren't that many enemies anywhere, and there never will be if changes aren't made, which is sort of the focus the update is trying to take (although it's not working at the moment). Besides, what's the fun of earning a position or a Rex knowing that there's no satisfaction and you didn't do anything to get it? You don't even need to supply the areas like before, after all. The vast majority of players these days just want to be there, dominating and winning without doing anything else.
this seems to be the biggest thing. it used to be back in 2013/2014 you had to be a lot more diligent about your sites because it was YOU personally supplying them. not your clan or your friends, YOU. if you were offline and you got drained? tough. and i think that was part of what made the game more fun back then. there was a lot more at stake. there were definitely alliances, but there was also enough differences between players that alliances were a lot less likely to form. i remember being a little level 5 or whatever in goldfields back in 2013 and watching one of the big am1 clans invade the map of another am1 clan bc they were trying to steal elections. there were a lot more politics involved, temporary ceasefires, etc.

nowadays? you can be offline most days, your clan will supply for you, and if your map gets attacked you have 4-5 other clans that will kill whoever tried to drain you. or well... i guess it's different now with the newest update, but you get the gist. it's less a war game now and more like an idle simulator as you say. it was already sort of headed that way for a while though, that's not exclusive to this most recent change to war.

i do kind of think that restoring the ability to have individuals hold sites (as pleidian suggested) would possibly be an interesting change. it would give more incentive for people to do their own thing and give server enemies a chance to win fame. however, that would need to come along with more changes to disincentivize forming alliances. but again, like we've all said thus far, there is very much an established culture in the game itself and in separate servers, and anything you might do will disrupt that no matter what. so i guess it's a matter of the devs talking and figuring out exactly what it is they want out of their game.

it seems to me that the biggest problem right now is that what the devs are envisioning and what the players want is directly at odds. not saying that either one is specifically right, but as far as i know the devs don't really play their game and maybe don't quite get how things go in the servers. and i think part of the problem with trying to break up alliances is that a lot of the alliances in this game now have existed for years and those players are close. which again, ties into what i'm saying about disrupting the culture of the game. ultimately, i think that no matter what the solution might be, it will not be simple and it probably won't be as popular as the devs might hope. players like the status quo of their safe servers. it's not fun for the rest of us, but what can you do i guess.

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
Even though it might sound like nonsense, actually making defending useless and very hard is the thing bring enjoy to both sides.

If 5-10 person attacker group can easily take down your gates and also next attack phase you as big alliance can do same, would you wait your turn for election in big alliance or take action knowing attacking is easier for getting fame that you dont have to wait for months.

Also this idea supports the purpose of End Game Part 3 update that gates change hand continuously.

Last Note:
-Everything that tries to balance defending and attacking actually counts for defending since defenders have massive numbers. Defenders that lost gates will be attacker of next phase, dont forget that.

-Every attacker should be rewarded according to their efforts in a day and not acording to single vulnerable phase. Thanks for reading
making defedning useless = ally trade gates amoun themselves

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
I'd honestly prefer the old site gameplay but make supply charges cost dd instead so everyone has a fair shot at gates.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
defenders (large alliances) won't have much advantage?
as the defenders are the majority, it would be easy for them to organize and prepare for the times of the attacks, no?
Well well

Isabella16

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- K a r o l -
Clan
-Gladiadores-
El uso de multicuentas y compartir cuentas entre servidores aún continúa, incluso con las restricciones que se les han puesto, los enemigos con brachy se suicidan en las puertas de viajes y minas para poder tomarlas y usar kits de rescate instantáneo. Brachy sigue fuerte.

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
So basicly since 2016 the updates have LIMITED the players.
2016 map update -> we got limited to 2 ways
Pt 1 - Jump links. just jump links. nothing meaningful was added in pt1.
Pt 2 was the only update i've enjoyed.
Pt 3 we got limited on when we can attack.

You dont incentivise activity by limiting players. if a kid has 10 toys and he's forced to play, he's gonna play more with each one coz he knows if he dont like one thing he can change. he has POSSIBILITIES.

But if a kid is forced to play with one toy, the kid wont have fun playing after a while.

some ppl may enjoy to attack at 18:00 but overtime it will become like a second job. like something monotone. coz no matter how many enemies and stuff, everything is gonna be meaningless after the attack phase.

Just give players more freedom man. Some good old american freedom!

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
After being in all of the wars since the update i can say that the game is way more boring right now.
we use to have 12hr wars a few times a month now we have 1hr wars that end after all gates have been traded between ally clans.
during protection phase everyone can take protection and farm so there is no need to pvp at all unless you want to waste dds.
the servers are active right now because of the event but when the event is over there will be 0 reason to log into the game ... again...

S19

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Ferrari FXX
Clan
-
do kind of think that restoring the ability to have individuals hold sites (as pleidian suggested) would possibly be an interesting change. it would give more incentive for people to do their own thing and give server enemies a chance to win fame.
i think that this would create so much chaos in the server, it will essentially be the player managing his own fame, with his own effort instead of relying on clan members. it might even solve the issue of alliance, i mean, alliance in itself will be very very limited.

supply charge are no longer a thing, the game is now f2p you could say, it would be equal opportunity for everyone to fight and win their thing

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
i think that this would create so much chaos in the server, it will essentially be the player managing his own fame, with his own effort instead of relying on clan members. it might even solve the issue of alliance, i mean, alliance in itself will be very very limited.

supply charge are no longer a thing, the game is now f2p you could say, it would be equal opportunity for everyone to fight and win their thing
True but how would you combine it with a clan system?

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless

That's the new current way to reach the goal to obtain rex individually without the limitation from the alliances but it must be fixed as well

S19

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Ferrari FXX
Clan
-
True but how would you combine it with a clan system?
limit the clan member to 40 only

let's be real, despite a clan having 80 spot, there is never 80 active players, there is always some inactive ones. by decreasing the size of the clan, we force them to break themselves down to a level close to individuality and far from an alliance state, then the alliance would not be as powerful as today, because there's a lot to control here, the power is given directly to the player

S19

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Ferrari FXX
Clan
-
to be fair, the update is working as intended in server like asia.

the ones complaining are from server that have a big population, so we cannot say that this update is not working, the solution to find is for big servers with no enemies complaining about boredom

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Attackers must have the freedom to organize themselves and attack at the time they think is best.
And the protection time for portals should be a maximum of 2 hours and be individual protection for each portal, in case it is attacked.
If the attacker takes the portal, it will be protected for 2 hours, producing fame.
If the defender manages to defend the portal, it will also be protected for 2 hours.
it would be much gentler than forcing attackers to face defenders directly.