What's new

Words and thoughts from a returning [ancient] user

Mercforhire

Reaction score
Ok, I know I am only level 8 ingame, but I am falling back in love with DS, and just wanted to share some thoughts and ideas...

I would personally love to see this make it to consoles. It would map perfectly to a standard 14-button, 2-axis setup. I think this game, at least on Xbox One, [not sure how Sony handles indie/small devs and micro-transactions ] could make it, for many reasons:
1-Laid back atmosphere that contrasts many contemporary and general AAA titles.
2-Small size [File-wise]. There are a great, and ever-expanding, number of X1 users who are running out of space for large games that are being released at an astounding rate, esp. the "New" versions of Platinum titles. This game would fit quite well into the HDD, and, with ease I might add, be able to stay there, whilst larger titles come and go. This would add a subliminal "I'm always here for you" to the player, if only resulting in, at the least, sporadic game sessions.
3-Child-friendly. There is a largely untapped well of revenue and publicity in the child-friendly MMO market on console. More and more parents are letting younger children online, and this is the key reason why games like the hugely-successful "Happy Wars" exist and thrive. If you offer little purchases to the children, then the parents, seeing it as a minor convenience item or such, will be more incentivized to go along and fund it, if only to keep the Child interested in less adult-oriented games. [cuts down on whining, etc.. about "Why can't I play [X]! This game is boring and too hard!", which in turn alleviates parental stress.]
4-Twitch streaming integration on a larger/more diverse audience- With Xbox One and PS4 offering integrated Streaming services, by way of Twitch, you can lengthen the overall life-span of the game and the servers. We all see the top-streamed and viewed games are by no means recent arrivals, regardless of platform. LoL has it's age, as does CSGO, WoT, and WoW. These games are kept afloat by the 1-5% of players that pride themselves on being top player on the leaderboards. They dump loads of $$$ on the game, and draw in huge playerbases, keeping even more revenue coming in.
5-More powerful hardware, and the id@Xbox program- Not sure what Sony has in relations to this, but Microsost promotes ALOT of indie or small-team games on the front page of the Xbox One, giving lots of publicity to alot of diverse player bases.
6-Console Player spending- It is well known that alot of console-gamers, esp. current-gen, are more than willing to shell out hard cash to stay competitive and look good doing it. Sure, PC master race is willing to spend more, but there are less of those beasts than there are the Console gaming community. I would venture to say that alot of small victories adds up to a war won, than a handful of large, but rare battles.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read this wall of text, and I hope the devs take this into consideration.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
Don't overlook Nintendo. Actually Nintendo would probably be the best console to port to because there would be less competition there. There's already a much bigger sandbox dinosaur game that is being developed which will be ported to both Xbox and PS4. And Nintendo players are just suffering from a lack of games in general so anything is likely to get attention.