What's new

wich one is better dinostorm 2013 or 2015 ?

rajazribi

Reaction score
many people think that dS 2013 is better because of outlaw hunter, free gold from quest and shorter auction but ds 2015 still have green volcano and lvl 40 max.
wich one do you think is better ?

arachyd

Reaction score
2012, bring back potions and outlaw hunters but make the outlaw hunters a little stronger. It was possible to outrun them if you had a fast dino and were able to see where you were going. I remember a time I accidentally shot one (foggy Mokon made it look like a brach). With no time to turn around I kept my eyes on my map and went backward on my coel as fast as I could go. That thing chased me completely around Mokon backward and finally killed me. Needless to say EVERYONE thoroughly enjoyed seeing it and it still makes me laugh. Bullies were kept busy after attacking a non-duelist so they didn't spend their whole game bullying. Seeing new players trying to kill them, new clans testing themselves with them....they were a lot of fun.

rajazribi

Reaction score
you are right especially in the outlaw hunters part ! outlaw hunters made the game, now we have instead some boring immobile fame-reducing protection guardians :/ i hope they bring them back but this time with finite hp and armor, and they must be divided to lvl 40 and maybe lvl 20 hunters. imagine how awesome and thrilling to try to beat a lvl 40 outlaw hunters with your entire clan.

rajazribi

Reaction score
arachyd said:
2012, bring back potions and outlaw hunters but make the outlaw hunters a little stronger. It was possible to outrun them if you had a fast dino and were able to see where you were going. I remember a time I accidentally shot one (foggy Mokon made it look like a brach). With no time to turn around I kept my eyes on my map and went backward on my coel as fast as I could go. That thing chased me completely around Mokon backward and finally killed me. Needless to say EVERYONE thoroughly enjoyed seeing it and it still makes me laugh. Bullies were kept busy after attacking a non-duelist so they didn't spend their whole game bullying. Seeing new players trying to kill them, new clans testing themselves with them....they were a lot of fun.
i did'nt like the potions any way, they are belong to average MMo's

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
Getting rid of potions was a good thing. They were just way too strong. It was a game of pot vs pot, not dino vs dino. Still, they did act as an extra skill set and there was some strategy in how you use them, so I do think that the dinosaurs need to have more skills added to them to bring back the depth that was lost when pots were taken away.

rajazribi

Reaction score
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:
Getting rid of potions was a good thing. They were just way too strong. It was a game of pot vs pot, not dino vs dino. Still, they did act as an extra skill set and there was some strategy in how you use them, so I do think that the dinosaurs need to have more skills added to them to bring back the depth that was lost when pots were taken away.
you are absolutely right ! only average mmo's have potions. but still id prefer to have ds with them and outlaw hunter than normal with protection guardians
i don't understand why is'nt everyone complaing how boring is the pvp system without outlaw hunters

arachyd

Reaction score
Actually the only potion I truly miss was the accelerating one...on a coel it was amazingly fast.

arachyd

Reaction score
Well....deflect too. A bully got back part of his attack if you used deflect, lol.

rajazribi

Reaction score
arachyd said:
Well....deflect too. A bully got back part of his attack if you used deflect, lol.
you just can't say that potions were good because they are strong, making potion strong is a bad idea. also, as DS does'nt allow to deal 1/6 damage of your enemie hp, the potion is less effective

arachyd

Reaction score
I disagree that potions are just for average games. DS is below average and dying. Every upgrade they've done in more than 2 years has made the game harder to play and more of a grind. Every upgrade makes the player lose something - DD, items, I'm surprised they don't make you lose coins now. Specific things they've done are making spawns run out faster/created spawn protection for a price, took away outlaw hunters/created pvp protection for a price and took away any penalty for bullying in the COC, took away free draining of claims in war/need to buy supply charge both to drain and to take (this was because people would drain just to drain..fine if they use 1 supply to drain it should also give them a charge in the claim), took away gold coin reward part of missions, increased power, aggression and armor of npcs, implemented clothing stats/made them lose power & fame bonus after everyone got used to them, made players lose DD when they die/made wallet guard for a price, made healing take longer to cool down/can buy health items for a price, took away baby dinos/gave them back at special events for a very high price, increased the number of upgrade items and DD needed to level up just about everything, hired bad GMs/got rid of them and did not replace them sufficiently to cover the number of servers - a GM sighting was rare, reduced drop rates so you hunt several mobs and get 1 or 2 of what you're hunting for, took years to make another map and that's all they made....I can only think of 1 change they've made that helps players. The cap on running for an office after you've won it. All the other changes have made the game less fun.

rajazribi

Reaction score
arachyd said:
I disagree that potions are just for average games. DS is below average and dying. Every upgrade they've done in more than 2 years has made the game harder to play and more of a grind. Every upgrade makes the player lose something - DD, items, I'm surprised they don't make you lose coins now. Specific things they've done are making spawns run out faster/created spawn protection for a price, took away outlaw hunters/created pvp protection for a price and took away any penalty for bullying in the COC, took away free draining of claims in war/need to buy supply charge both to drain and to take (this was because people would drain just to drain..fine if they use 1 supply to drain it should also give them a charge in the claim), took away gold coin reward part of missions, increased power, aggression and armor of npcs, implemented clothing stats/made them lose power & fame bonus after everyone got used to them, made players lose DD when they die/made wallet guard for a price, made healing take longer to cool down/can buy health items for a price, took away baby dinos/gave them back at special events for a very high price, increased the number of upgrade items and DD needed to level up just about everything, hired bad GMs/got rid of them and did not replace them sufficiently to cover the number of servers - a GM sighting was rare, reduced drop rates so you hunt several mobs and get 1 or 2 of what you're hunting for, took years to make another map and that's all they made....I can only think of 1 change they've made that helps players. The cap on running for an office after you've won it. All the other changes have made the game less fun.
you are absoultely right, back in 2013 DS was in it golden age.

rajazribi

Reaction score
arachyd said:
yep, DS is dying, europa 2 have the least number of players than any year.