What's new

Useless/Time-Wasting Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizukage

Reaction score
I have been playing this game for a long time and there are several quest's in this game which I hate because they are useless or time wasting.
Following are the quests and their solutions in my opinion

1) Save Prized Female Brach (Casey Dunn) : This quest is really really hard to max because there are very less bandit spawns and the brach runs really fast towards Casey Dunn.
Solution : More bandit spawns and slow brachiosaurus so that it can be maxed.

2) Sick Brachiosaurus (Casey Dunn) : This quest can only be maxed if it is done alone, and its progress rate is not affected by number of players doing the quests. So , when 2 or more players join the quest, no one can max it .
Solution: Progress rate should be affected by number of players who have joined the quest

3) Out Into The Open, Convoy (Sue Mullens) : This quest can be maxed easily but really hard to complete. Approximately takes 1-2 hours to complete it because for every player who has joined the quest, 2 bandits spawn continuously. Transport is of 6 level so it dies quickly. Alpha Smilos are in the way and in Smilos area, Trasnport keeps dying .
Solution : Transport should be of 16 or 17 level. 1 bandit should spawn per player doing the quest.

4) Collect Containers, Solo Quest (Sue Mullens) : This quest is really time wasting and takes approximately 13-18 minutes to complete. You have to deposit 5 containers to Sue Mullens 1 by 1. You cannot collect all 5 and then deposit them.
Solution : players should be able to collect all 5 containers at the same time.

5) Put Out Fires ( Calvin Douglas and Minnie Shaw) : This is another Group quest which cannot be maxed unless 1 person does it. For one person, the progress rate is so slow that it takes 20-30 minutes to complete this group quest alone. If more players join then quest finishes quickly and reward is very very low because progress rate is not affected for players doing the quest.
Solution : Progress rate should be affected by players doing the quest. If one player does it then for every fire he puts out, group quest should progress by 10%.

6) Herb Harvester(Travis McDonald) : This GQ cannot be maxed as there are very very low wild animal spawns and the spawns are not affected by number of players doing the quest.
Solution: More spawns for quest to be maxed.

)7) Save Hostages (Tamara Tucker and Black Burns) : This quest is the most time wasting quest of the game. Takes about 1.5 - 2.5 hours to complete. For every player doing the quest two 20 level bandit spawn which kill the hostages quickly and are harder to kill themselves. Then you have to heal the hostage, the hostage barely moves few inches when more bandits spawn. If more than 2 players do the quest, bandit spawn increases so much that it becomes impossible to do.
Solution : 1 bandit should spawn per player doing the quest and hostages should be more powerful and move quickly.

In my opinion, these are the quests which need improvement, if anyone disagrees with me, please reply on the topic :)

roqi319

Reaction score
absolutely agreed with this problem... especially new hostages are really annoying and require hours to complete... problem well notified mizukage... i hope game staff can improve it ;)

GrassGoddess

Reaction score
So for the female brachi quest. To max out you have to take the brachi home SLOW. Let it stop, wait a second, then run near it till it starts to go. Then move away quick and let it stop again. A bandit should have spawned. Do this the while way and you should max out.

The sick "centro" quest everyone has to click on Casey again before they start to cure the brachis. Everyone has to be active in the quest for everyone to max out, and you go inactive pretty quick in that quest.

Into the open. Well that's just the noobs at Riley that mess that quest up bad. Any more then 5 players active on it and there really isn't a point to doing it. Let it sit for awhile and let all the noobs die 50 times. When active players reaches 0. Start it again. There is a WAY easier method to do this quest, but you will have to figure that method out for yourself. XD.

Collect containers. Don't pick up the containers until everyone is maxed. Then 1 person picks em all up. When only 1 person is active.

Putting out the fires. Well this is just the most useless and annoying quest there is. I don't ever do it

Herb harvester. Same as female brachi. Still hard to max tho

Hostages. Haha suckers. You will never find out the easy way to do it. Haha. There is a way tho.

O. And btw Strike Force on Am 2 is the best clan in the game. Most helpful and well we have mr Dino Storm himself Dgj5014 Pro himself as an Ally. Haha. XD.

Mizukage

Reaction score
Lol , for female brach, I know how to max it , I am an experienced player, but other players run off with the brach. Thats why I Suggested solution :mad:

Sue Mullens convoy is "time-wasting" , I never said it cannot be done. :cool:

I am talking about the solo quest of containers of Sue Mullens, not the group quest . Please read carefully ;) .

You cannot max herb harvester . Only way you can is if u let the harvester die again and again. Hence, "time-wasting".

Bb hostage quest is ruined if even one noob joins it. hence impossible to do and time wasting. :geek:

djg5014

Reaction score
I am the most experienced player in all of Dino Storm, and i agree with everything you say besides the hostage quest for Black Burns, If you know the trick you can have 100 people join it and still complete it without much frustration

Mizukage

Reaction score
djg5014 said:
I am the most experienced player in all of Dino Storm, and i agree with everything you say besides the hostage quest for Black Burns, If you know the trick you can have 100 people join it and still complete it without much frustration

well if noobs join it, then you cannot ^^ they join it but go away increasing spawns, the only way you can complete it is if u have boosters or pots ^^

roqi319

Reaction score
djg5014 said:
if you know a way then do tell!!!

djg5014

Reaction score
lol no boosters or pots needed, newbs can get in the way on the last one, there is only a limited amount of spawn that can be generated during the quest depending on the amount of active players, if all that spawn is on one hostage the other two can walk freely. I'll let you figure out the rest of it from there

roqi319

Reaction score
this is nothing new... i already knew that... even if the other 2 hostages can walk freely.... the 3rd hostage will take too much time as all the bandits are spawning on it... hence still time wasting.... :mad:

djg5014

Reaction score
hahaha not really, 3 level 20's can actually walk the last one no problem the whole way home, total quest time for us from start to finish maybe 20-25 minutes

Vahaj

Reaction score
The point remains, how can you complete this quest if 2 noobs and 1 20 level player is doing it ? No way you can. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.