What's new

The future of Dino storm ( Combat refined update preview 5 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

supremelife101

Reaction score
So...Where to start. Just recently I just thank about how much impact the new updates made dino storm have that feeling. Promotion codes came into the game, more servers, more languages to play on and The Combat refined update. This maybe a '' Not This again moment :geek: '', But please give me a chance. My friend called SuperM ( Europe 2 ) asked the Developers of Dino storm if we can have more Dinos, And they said we don't know but you should discuss this on the forums. We asked GM Tirak if we could have more dinos and he said you should discuss this on the forums. So this is it, My big idea. Dino storm combat update, Preview 4. More Dino's more Worlds, More Guns, More Fun! Cool eh :cool: and these are all the dino's, guns and worlds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinosaurs

Ankylosaurus: Ankylosaurus is like the Dino-Tank of it's kind, It has a good advantage on It's amour that gets pronounced with every time you upgrade, So be sure to take it to the Dino Doctors!

Vitality: 4
Strength: 4
Endurance: 1

Baryonyx: Baryonyx has strong limbs and has a jaw that can grip on to nearly anything, It has good advantage on it 's agility that get's pronounced with every time you upgrade, So be sure to take it to the Dino Doctors!

Vitality: 1
Endurance 4

I've got way more idea's but now it's your spotlight now! Post more dino's in the comments and say there stats. E.g:
<Name of dino> : < Description of dino >

< Stats >
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worlds

Icecap: A snowy biome that has pine trees
Located: North from where the memorial is.
Native animal(s): Smilodons, Mammoths ( New )

Waterfall island:A biome where the ancient rangers have once lived but now abandoned for a Dinosaur who can be only defeated by the ferocious Tyrannosaurus rex. And that Dinosaur is... What nearly all of you wanted... The unstoppable Spinosaurus :p !
( Then there is a purpose for getting Trex instead of just getting it to show off ).

Located: East from where the memorial is.
Native animal(s): Nothing Appcept from The Spinosaurus.
Extra: Spinosaurus is not attainable, You can only come to the island if you are sheriff and your ranger would be a statue at the memorial if you have defeated the spinosaurus.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns

:LOL: I am not that sort of guy who knows how to think of guns so, like the dino one, say what gun you want in the game.

I hope you liked my post and if you are seeing this splitscreen studios, please add this into the game ;)

Made together by: Supremelife & SuperM (Europe 2)

SuperM

Reaction score
This is The Best Idea I have listened and to I also agree with your fabulous Idea Waterfall Islands sound so Great to me. I really hope to see these in Dino Storm in the new update. :D This is the best Idea!!!!

Gun: Tripper
Description: This is one of the Great guns you guys have been looking forward for this has high Damage but low Clock. The New Skills for the Fantastic Tripper is Snipe which increases the Weapons Damage by 80% for 8 Seconds so you will have more time to kill the other person. The name of the second skill is called Long Range and it can increase the range of the gun and the extra effect is It can paralyze the prey for 4 seconds.

Damage: 5
Range: 3
Clock: 1

supremelife101

Reaction score
SuperM said:
This is The Best Idea I have listened and to I also agree with your fabulous Idea Waterfall Islands sound so Great to me. I really hope to see these in Dino Storm in the new update. :D This is the best Idea!!!!

Description: This is one of the Great guns you guys have been looking forward for this has high Damage but low Clock. The New Skills for the Fantastic Tripper is Snipe which increases the Weapons Damage by 80% for 8 Seconds so you will have more time to kill the other person. The name of the second skill is called Long Range and it can increase the range of the gun and the extra effect is It can paralyze the prey for 4 seconds.

Damage: 5
Range: 3
Clock: 1
Wow! :eek: that is awesome!

SuperM

Reaction score
Dinosaur: Stegosaurus
Description: This Herbivore is very similar to Centrosaurus but this dinosaur has more to it that u can see.
The First Skill is called Tail Slap this skill attacks close range to target by 200% damage and it hits the prey side to side by 3 times and the extra effect is Bleed for 4 seconds and stun for 8s seconds. The Second Skill is called Blood Prey this attacks in close range and increases Dinosaurs damage by 200% and the extra effect is terror which makes the target flee in terror.

Vitality: 3
Endurance: 2

arachyd

Reaction score
I would like to get one of the mammals in the available dinos. They already exist, just have to modify them. I wouldn't mind having a really big smilodon or brontops.

Hoodman

Reaction score
i want a normal biome/world, not a extreme one like snow or desert. like opengrass plains and some NORMAL forests [not 50m long trees]

supremelife101

Reaction score
arachyd said:
I would like to get one of the mammals in the available dinos. They already exist, just have to modify them. I wouldn't mind having a really big smilodon or brontops.
Mammals, how about Mamoth :cool:

penultama

Reaction score

I Like your idea! :D
I had mine own: Vulcan
Super fast firing speed like a minigun, low damage per shot but high accuracy with far range. So agility implant is useless against it.
Specialty: Able to hit multiple targets :eek: thats means you can damage 4 players on Pvp at the same time. Damage does not spread when you target more objects. So it is still efficient upon multiple Pvp
What it may look like?

:sneaky: Other wierd names: Sweeper | Magnum | Falcon 51| Immolator | Hammerhead | Mitrail | Glacial Warfare :confused: | Rebellion | Desert FOX | My Reputation :LOL: .

supremelife101

Reaction score
Ok.... :LOL: I was joking about me not having idea of a gun so I will tell my idea :geek: .

Name: Dark void
Description: This mini gun is a small but dangerous, with the correct hands, it can be the best gun in the game.
The gun has more power into focus and poison ( similar to a poisen dart ). It would look something like this

Stats : Damage 3
Clock 3
Range 3

Skills: Poison: ( extra effect is poison , a new effect that makes the screen go blurry and ranger stops shooting, and slowness)
Final blow: Can be only used if Target has less than 5,000 health ( extra effect is terror ) .

SuperM

Reaction score
Nice Ideas Every1
I hope all ur ideas will work and be on the next new update?? ;)

penultama

Reaction score
Uh humm....

Please rename the topic. It is misleading as there is no confirmation that such things would ever come out. I am in doubt that the Devs even read the forums. :confused:

You should say "suggestions for Combat Refined update part 5".

Look at all the suggestions that were post up in the forum. It is not likely that one of them would ever come true. :confused:

SuperM

Reaction score
Really waiting for this my full interest is on this update please Dino Storm Do this! :confused:

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
If few players who started playing Dino Storm in 2012 are still playing in 2013, I think the developers should focus on fixing, improving & enhancing the features & content that are already in the game.

Think in terms of levels 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 and 20-25 first because I doubt if every level 25 player has upgraded everything (even implants and techs that aren't used) to level 25.

How can the developers make levels 1-25 less "hard"/boring/daunting/tedious/unfair/etc and also increase their profit?

What can they do to persuade you to buy gold coins, rather to help yourself or just to support development?

New maps bring new claims, spawn camps and teleport gates which may bring peace which may decrease profits if players/clans are fighting less (therefore, not buying supply charges, boosters and gels).

How about current map expansions with additional new mobs, upgrade items, and jewels for (3) new weapons?

-----------------------------

I'm sure this has come up: PvP Tournaments with wagers/bets.
Opponents must pay in gold coins to enter, and other players can bet in gold coins. Winners win high percentage of bets (game gets small percentage).

There can be 1v1 and 2v2, with same dino (Coel vs Coel) and mixed dinos (Coel vs Centro). What's used will have a min-max, so in a level 10 tournament, only level 10-12 dino/implants/weapon/techs can be used...or something like that.

Perhaps, there could be 3 rounds for 1v1 and 5 rounds for 2v2. In between rounds, weapons/techs & implants could be changed.

penultama

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
Think in terms of levels 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 and 20-25 first because I doubt if every level 25 player has upgraded everything (even implants and techs that aren't used) to level 25.
How can the developers make levels 1-25 less "hard"/boring/daunting/tedious/unfair/etc and also increase their profit?
What can they do to persuade you to buy gold coins, rather to help yourself or just to support development?
New maps bring new claims, spawn camps and teleport gates which may bring peace which may decrease profits if players/clans are fighting less (therefore, not buying supply charges, boosters and gels).
Well, just for you to know: Yes, I believe there are players with all lv25 techs. No offence but you sound like your new to DS :D .
Well, dino storm as always is a game where you "try to enjoy". For developing games, the developers need $$.
It`s not like there is only 1 or 2 person doing the job. They have artist, developers, web devs, all run by the GMbH....etc. Try to have fun even when things get boring. Besides, they have drastically reduced the price of certain upgrade items. There is so much more than upgrading techs and dinos, and it`s called "ACHEIVEMENTS". That it the one harder to accomplish.

If you don`t like this game, well it`s good to leave.

RexDude

Reaction score
penultama said:
Pulp Fiction said:
Well, just for you to know: Yes, I believe there are players with all lv25 techs. No offence but you sound like your new to DS :D .
Well, dino storm as always is a game where you "try to enjoy". For developing games, the developers need $$.
It`s not like there is only 1 or 2 person doing the job. They have artist, developers, web devs, all run by the GMbH....etc. Try to have fun even when things get boring. Besides, they have drastically reduced the price of certain upgrade items. There is so much more than upgrading techs and dinos, and it`s called "ACHEIVEMENTS". That it the one harder to accomplish.

Very true. I'm very proud to say that i have absolutely no problem with any update Dino Storm has brought up in my gaming experience. I love every single thing that was, is or will be in DS.

BTW i like your thinking penultama. Usually old players like you give bad comments about the game all the time but still you think positively about it. :)

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
penultama said:
Pulp Fiction said:

Your reply doesn't seem to be a direct reply to what I said... but I'll respond.
You said lv25 techs. I said everything is upgraded to level 25 including unused implants/techs. I'm sure upgrade requirements have changed since 2012, or even early 2013, but there seems to be no detailed changelog anywhere (not this http://dinostorm.com/en/changelog).

I actually asked how SplitScreen can make more money without nerfing everything to make DS "harder" on players who don't buy gold coins. That's why I suggested PvP Tournaments with wagers.

To complete achievements, one must upgrade... so no, there isn't "so much more than upgrading". Upgrading is the biggest feature of Dino Storm.

penultama

Reaction score
Yes Pulp, even the unused techs and implants. It isn`t really that hard if your loaded with GC plus your level 15 or higher. :LOL:

Anyway, like your idea on PvP tournaments. They should something like a "top players" list, which makes everyone competitive. Clan wars are fun also but I don`t like the cursing words on the chat box, and it can get too offensive with each other.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
penultama said:
Yes Pulp, even the unused techs and implants. It isn`t really that hard if your loaded with GC plus your level 15 or higher. :LOL:

Anyway, like your idea on PvP tournaments. They should something like a "top players" list, which makes everyone competitive. Clan wars are fun also but I don`t like the cursing words on the chat box, and it can get too offensive with each other.
Well, I know it isn't hard if you are loaded with gold coins (I used coins to get through most of levels 5-10)... but if you are loaded with gold coins, there is no need to "farm", is there?

And no it isn't "hard" to upgrade (by "farming" only) at levels 15+, but it damn sure is daunting when several players are being led to the same spawns, especially in GF with only 2 instances available. Remembering to install the Endurance implant to get to the spawns fast is difficult since I play "under the influence" (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/under+the+influence).

I've never cared for in-game top players list because the developers determine the criteria for what makes a player "the best". As it stands, (random) PvP wins don't mean squat because there is no reward (or award)... PvP is just "a fun thing to do".

Since I'm a gambler, I'd like to be able to bet on PvP fights (that I watch while I take breaks from farming). Going to tournament arenas would be such a "fun thing to do!" :D

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
Since I'm a gambler, I'd like to be able to bet on PvP fights (that I watch while I take breaks from farming). Going to tournament arenas would be such a "fun thing to do!" :D
Coming back to this, specifically since I'm a gambler...

These are my losing scratch-off lottery tickets... just one bag of them!
I spend 10s of thousands annually on scratch-offs alone... I buy stacks of the $5-10-20-25 scratchies daily...
imagine how many gold coins I (and hopefully others) would buy if PvP tournament betting was implemented!

Vulture

Reaction score
This sounds like some fun so here are my suggestions. I suggest a vote thread at some point to narrow down choices to pitch to the Devs, you know, so we can whine till they add it lol.

Anyway I will start with the guns first. (Outlaws and lawbringers patch)

The Red Death. ( laser shots are red)

Famously used by the infamous bandit leader Carl Briggs. This steam punk style laser shotgun is geared for up close and personal fights. Get into the face of your enemy and shred them as you see fit.

Skull ringer: % damage of guns stats close range. bonus skill: extra damage and halves the damage done by the affected player for x seconds.

Come ere!: % damage of guns stats, long range slug shot. bonus skill: fires a shotgun laser slug that can Stun opponent for 3 seconds. Allows players to close the gap. Extra damage for bonus in keeping with current system.

High damage, low range, mediumshish clock (just an example)

Face Melter (support weapon)

Designed as a mortar based gun for the local lawbringers to fill the gap for area of affect weapons. This gun fires large plasma globs at the enemy, able to affect multiple enemies.

radioactive: % damage of guns stats. bonus skill: fires a radioactive glob of heated green plasma that affects up to three players in close radius. Affected players take extra damage for x seconds. Extra damage for bonus skil.

Drain away: % damage of guns stats. close range siphon shot up to one player. bonus skill: takes the health from the enemy and transfers it as health to the user. Works similar to the carno health attack for balance. Extra damage for bonus skill.

Very slow clock, high damage, good range. Slowest clock to balance the increase in damage over other guns.

mounts

Gigonatasaurus

Large carnivore that was often found hunting in packs to hunt large prey. The poor mans trex of dinostorm (just kidding)

Rend: % damage of dinos strength stat. Bonus skill: vitality debuff that weakens a players healing capability for x seconds.

Call of the pack: % damage of dinos stats. Bonus skill. A bellowing call that bolsters all nearby clan members with health regeneration for x seconds.

Stats just above carno and below Rex, middle of both. Next step up from carno.

Ankylosaurus

Lumbering tank of the dino world

Welcome to the club: % damage of dinos stats. Bonus skill: paralyse player for x seconds, extra damage during paralysed.

Bolster down: % damage of dinos stats: bonus skill: invulnerable for x seconds. No damage taken as shots bounce off the thick armor.

High vitality, innate armor bonus, very slow movement, medium damage ( it has a club, duh)

Also visual armor should make a comeback in future patches, the higher the armor level the more bonuses.

Also for level 25 players there should be the option to trade in your gun for a duel gun mount for your dino, just think a mounted dino gun would be cool and would add some end game goal along with increase in attack.

penultama

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
Coming back to this, specifically since I'm a gambler...

These are my losing scratch-off lottery tickets... just one bag of them!
I spend 10s of thousands annually on scratch-offs alone... I buy stacks of the $5-10-20-25 scratchies daily...
imagine how many gold coins I (and hopefully others) would buy if PvP tournament betting was implemented!
:eek: :eek: Really? Well I don`t think the devs are up to that.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
:LOL: i know, just wishful thinking... tournaments are a good idea though, they should develop arenas next year. Maxed players need something fun to do, and players that have quit need a reason to come back. New maps, dinos, guns, implants, techs, etc may not be enough for the quitters to log-in.

jrell99

Reaction score
oh boy I can't wait to buy me a spinosaurus it will be mine main dino once I will get mine hands on it in the dino store :D

JnerRebellion

Reaction score
Hi!, I am John Necir Rebellion (My Real Name, Rebellion was my real Surname)
Clan: DINO_MARINES_PH_RBN
Server: America 5

I hope Amphicoelias is put in game
Amphicoelias
Vitality:5
Endurance:2
Strenght:2

Status
Not open for further replies.