MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
*Disclaimer* I do not use this platform (Dino Storm Forum) to distribute this Software. I have shown this screenshot to give you an example of what we are dealing with, and censored its title, so no players in this platform can look it up.

{c} Use of Third-Party Software
The use and distribution of software that is capable of offering systematic and/or automated means of control and/or evaluation of performance or function (e.g. through bots, macros, scripts etc.) is not permitted.
- Player Conduct Guideline (CoC)

1652517636335.png

Unfortunately this software is already used by large portion of our players base & they are specifically using it to supply a (Travel gate - Claim ) faster than their opponents when they are at last second before the Gate/Claim get completely drained and ready for new owner to hold it.

As you can see, the minimum for this software in particular can be 1 millisecond, and I'm sure that there are other software that is even more extreme out there which is in no way a speed that a normal finger can outmatch. The only way currently to counter this problem, is to do exactly the same thing which is something I don't think we are allowed to do, and put all of us at risk. So I'm doing my part by reporting this problem, and hoping that you can find a solution for it, if not following some of my suggestions:

To tackle this problem:
  • Make Supplying a Travel Gate/Claim connected to combat cooldown, so if the exploiter tries to use this program, they won't be able to do anything, unless they didn't get shot once.
  • Make the Cooldown of Supplying again/Taking over only connected to (The player who supplied first) and not everyone around who were trying to click manually in vain, so that if the exploiter supply at least once, they can get attacked afterward, and not force everyone to wait for a cooldown that clearly once it ends would be used by the one that is exploiting the software.
I don't think inflicting penalties on obvious exploiters would be a way to tackle this issue, because none is dumb enough to admit exploiting in-game which you would use as evidence, and players who have to deal with silent exploiters will still suffer. So you must tackle the issue itself - that if you can click "faster" then you have advantage on others.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
@Gruni Hope you take look at this

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Make Supplying a Travel Gate/Claim connected to combat cooldown, so if the exploiter tries to use this program, they won't be able to do anything, unless they didn't get shot once.
(x)

There is definitely a problem with this Autoclick situation, but this is not the solution.

If this suggested solution is implemented, then I just have to run with 2 players, then the 2 attacks you while I handle the draining/ supplying of the Tower.

And I doubt that it will be fun to play with such restrictions.

Make the Cooldown of Supplying again/Taking over only connected to (The player who supplied first) and not everyone around who were trying to click manually in vain, so that if the exploiter supply at least once, they can get attacked afterward, and not force everyone to wait for a cooldown that clearly once it ends would be used by the one that is exploiting the software.
I'm not sure whether this is connected to the first point, but if you add more restrictions, it will hurt the players who don't use auto-click software.

There's another solution for the auto click problem.

The developers must create a sort of "backlog" at the end side. And that backlog only registers clicks that are beyond human abilities— Let's say, somewhere around 500 clicks or even 1k clicks per minute or milliseconds. (whatever the conditions are)

Once the backlog registers such activity from a player, then that player gets a penalty for violating the CoC of the game.

Once implemented, players would be discouraged from using such softwares.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Additionally, I would like to point out the problem of Travel Gate/ Claims while attempting to take over them.

(Delay when opening maps, Delay while supplying.. general delay everywhere around the map and gates mechanic)

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but there is a clear delay in the Tower status (when you put your cursor on a tower) compared to the info shown on the "Tower Window"

Here's an example— If you're draining a tower, have the tower window on the side open. When the tower is at its last percentage to become white, the tower will go white followed by a slight delay, and then the tower window will allow you to supply. This was the very first thing that I have noticed ever since the 2-seconds cooldown of supplying tower was implemented.

I'm not sure whether this is connected to the first point, but if you add more restrictions, it will hurt the players who don't use auto-click software.
I myself have never used any auto click software, just that my enemies are slow at clicking or I just time when the supply button will appear. I did it many times, with many accusing me of using auto-click software.

And if you try to click before the supply button appears, the tower window will close away, no?

It will take some practice to get the gist of it.

All in all, there are many factors that make a player quick to supply a gate in less than 2 seconds— reflexes, network speed, or lag while trying to take a gate. (which is stupidly frequent in Maujak, around the high zone)

Last edited:

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
The developers must create a sort of "backlog" at the end side. And that backlog only registers clicks that are beyond human abilities— Let's say, somewhere around 500 clicks or even 1k clicks per minute or milliseconds. (whatever the conditions are)

Once the backlog registers such activity from a player, then that player gets a penalty for violating the CoC of the game.

Once implemented, players would be discouraged from using such softwares.
Just hope your mouse doesn't break and you don't get banned on accident because it starts double-clicking really fast each time you press it :p. A common and easy solution to fight against autoclickers is to look at the clicking patterns - a simple autoclicker would usually click in equal intervals (or a pattern) while human clicks are more random. But the users could also easily adapt to that with better software.
A better solution would be to change the supply mechanic to discourage autoclicking altogether. I don't know what that could be since simple ideas sound pretty irritating to have implemented (e.g. making the supply button move around in the window)

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Just hope your mouse doesn't break and you don't get banned on accident because it starts double-clicking really fast each time you press it

It's a matter of timing for me of when the supply button will appear, I'm used to draining and supplying towers during war frequently, so it's something normal for me now. I just know the timing of it.

A better solution would be to change the supply mechanic to discourage autoclicking altogether. I don't know what that could be since simple ideas sound pretty irritating to have implemented (e.g. making the supply button move around in the window)
But the problem would still be present. Even if the supply mechanic is changed and more cooldown are added, if the exploiters is using auto click software and have 3 class of Supply Gels active it would simply still take him one click and he take the buildings.

A common and easy solution to fight against autoclickers is to look at the clicking patterns - a simple autoclicker would usually click in equal intervals (or a pattern) while human clicks are more random.
✅

Last edited:

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
And I doubt that it will be fun to play with such restrictions.
Debatable, I think having a strategy and using it, is much better & more entertaining than just "Kit & Supply".

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
And if you try to click before the supply button appears, the tower window will close away, no?
No, the window that has the last -0.7% during takeover is the same window you get when the Gate/Claim becomes White & ready to have new owner. there is a delay, but this delay is the same for everyone regardless of their FPS/network speed. Of course pure lag would cause additional delays but that's not the case here. If the delays are the same for everyone, then the one who can click faster get to supply & easiest & most guaranteed way to do it is simply exploiting the system by using external software knowing that no player can outspeed you.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Even if the button was moving, Exploiters still have the advantage, because they can simply trace the button while normal players would have to both trace & click.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
What if one player tests the limit by fake accounts and teach other exploiters the time they need to set between every click to avoid the penalty and still be faster than the rest. Say exactly 1 click behind what you consider "Beyond human capability"

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
What if one player tests the limit by fake accounts and teach other exploiters the time they need to set between every click to avoid the penalty and still be faster than the rest.
First, they will have to do a lot of trials and errors, and by the time the backlog register, it will red flag that user, possibly its IP, from here penalties could be given.

I have 0 idea how the back system works, or what kind of data the devs track or don't track, but from here, I guess the developers can do something to prevent your said scenarios from happening.

And as I said, I got accused of using auto clicker many times when I've never used this type of software, so for me, it's natural to "kit & steal" a gate.

I believe there needs to draw a line between what we consider human abilities compared to auto clickers and the developer could easily track these necessary data and make my proposed system accordingly.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
For me, this is turning into a more or less "Should we put a cooldown on the kits and gels" kind of topic.

Because how much more cooldown and restriction would be added to the supply mechanic again?

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score
LOL ty for the info dude, I didn't know this sht exists, ty for exposing the crackheads of this community!

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score
Just hope your mouse doesn't break and you don't get banned on accident because it starts double-clicking really fast each time you press it :p. A common and easy solution to fight against autoclickers is to look at the clicking patterns - a simple autoclicker would usually click in equal intervals (or a pattern) while human clicks are more random. But the users could also easily adapt to that with better software.
yes bro good idea, they should make supplying builds like a bond between the player and the builds like the bond in Avatar Movie!

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
This game has no anti-cheat, no active moderation for cheaters and will not have one anytime soon.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Because of network speed or lags some anomalous things happen like hill climbing etc. So lets say player gets lag and does like 10 clicks in 5 sec during that lag, but after lag is over, system would receive those 5 clicks almost instantly, what would look like auto-clicking, so as for me, simple log out from server could be done after detecting auto-clicking. Penalties like bans would be unjustified for that.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
Unless a player opens a ticket to report such behavior, absolutely no one will check the backlogs. Even if a player does open a ticket you can never gather enough "evidence" ,as the support team calls it, so unless someone admits to using cheats no actions will be taken. Who in their right mind would publicly admit to cheating... except when account sharing goes wrong and accounts get banned... yeah that's how it works.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Because of network speed or lags some anomalous things happen like hill climbing etc. So lets say player gets lag and does like 10 clicks in 5 sec during that lag, but after lag is over, system would receive those 5 clicks almost instantly, what would look like auto-clicking, so as for me, simple log out from server could be done after detecting auto-clicking. Penalties like bans would be unjustified for that.
i would like to add that auto-clicker programs are causing problems during towers overtake, but for example, i was using it to go fast through clan pages while giving fame to players and in this case, auto-clicker helped a lot to give fame fast for players who are in 6th or 8th or even 10th page.
It should be considered that preventing use of auto-clicker programs during towers takeover would make things better, but also worse while distributing fame. If devs would change the way of giving fame in a way that auto-clicker programs would be unnecessary, then i guess there wouldnt be any problems.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
so unless someone admits to using cheats no actions will be taken. Who in their right mind would publicly admit to cheating
The reality of the CoC is that you don't get punished for cheating or breaking the rules, per se.

But you get punished only for getting caught cheating.

Big difference & makes you think.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
The reality of the CoC is that you don't get punished for cheating or breaking the rules, per se.

But you get punished only for getting caught cheating.

Big difference & makes you think.
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA only if you get caught but they do nothing to catch cheaters. I also know about the CoC and understand what you mean.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Over a year have passed and nothing has been done about this exploit

trabzon

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Flo Rida
Clan
Good Feeling
Guys there is no autoclick exploit , with my hands , i manage to beat people that use this cheat software , please just click faster , and don't ask to developpers that make bugged updates to make anticheat , otherwise most of us will get banned for no reason , just play smarter , and better , and problem is solved

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Guys there is no autoclick exploit , with my hands , i manage to beat people that use this cheat software , please just click faster , and don't ask to developpers that make bugged updates to make anticheat , otherwise most of us will get banned for no reason , just play smarter , and better , and problem is solved
you being able to take down players who are using this software does not make using this software legit

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Isn't this problem supposed to be "solved" by the solution of waiting 2 seconds to be able to supply immediately?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Its solved , i swear , players are trying killing this game , just click faster ,like on minecraft , when you do PVP
you dont click fast in mc anymore on newest versions

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Isn't this problem supposed to be "solved" by the solution of waiting 2 seconds to be able to supply immediately?
not really, it just helps to avoid supplying to full right away, but stealing site still not