What's new

Suggestions for the Dev Shack (Crowd Control/Mass Skill)

RZazorex

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Zanzilla
Clan
- Elite Anarchy X -
Hello Dino Storm community. :D
I want to drop down a few suggestions for the game. I'm just suggesting some ideas i thought of for the Dev Shack and for the game. Well, the game in Dino Storm is mostly 1 vs 1 when it comes to combat. I know you can stun multiple enemies using the Brachiosaurus. However, it would be more fun or entertaining when we have skills like crowd control or mass heal. Especially when it comes to clan vs clan battles. Most skills target multiple enemies and so why not skills that also helps our allies during combat? Also, this is a mmorpg so why not more skills? Other mmorpg has a lot of different skills that players can pick or put on reserve. So it will be interesting if Dino Storm have access to other different skills. Instead of the usual stun from the brachi. He could have multiple other different skills that could be dragged and dropped and switched around. :D

For example, the Brachiosaurus may have two skills that could stun multiple enemies as well as provide mass healing. Like the Brachi could heal only clan members around 5 players in a small radius. The healing will probably provide small amount of heal only or gives a chance for surround players to have extra recovery.

Besides healing, crowd control skills like boosting strength, or increasing speed, increase in armor statistics, or mass burn or it could go the opposite like decrease in speed, armor etc. It will be similar to other mmorpg where there are skills that could affect both enemies and allies. It wouldn't be 1 vs 1 like most of the time. Now it will be a strategy based combat game.

Coelophysis = Speed boost, Crowd Control rapid strikes, Target (Most enemy fire will target the user, other players will not be shot for a few seconds)
Brachiosaurus = Mass Healing, Decrease speed of enemies, Multiple Stuns
Pachycephalosaurus = Agility boost, Suicidal Explosion (Deals huge amount of damage to enemies upon dead. Don't know how a dinosaur could do that but maybe a device?)
Carnotaurus = Mass leech for allies, Mass bleed
Parasaurolophus = Bleed sacrifice (The more the para loses health, other teams mates around will receive the lost health for a few seconds)
Tyrannosaurus Rex = Strength boost, Massive Crunch (Damage is inflicted onto multiple enemies. Eg, 1000 damage dealt on 5 players around.) Rampage mode (All stats are increased for allies and the user as well for a few seconds)
Centrosaurus = Mass shield that blocks incoming attacks for a few seconds. The shield protects from up to 5 players. Armor boost.

Like so, these dinos could obtain the skills at a higher level so players won't be using low lvl dinos to take advantage in a clan battle.

What if multiple people can activate different group skills at once? Players can only receive one group boost from other players. This helps limit confusion and also decrease the chance of one team being overpowered. So a group of 5 players will not receive mass shield and speed boost at the same time.

Also, these skills will have a longer cool down rate which means players will have to use them wisely and not waste them.

Also, feel free to drop down more ideas. Like different types of skills for each dino that helps clans during battle.

Thank you for your time. :D

rajazribi

Reaction score
the idea is bit childish, but it still has pros and cons. if this happens in an update, it will be full of glytch and players with find a way to go around this idea and find a way to help their friend in hunting wich is highly unfair !
the game may have a boring pvp system due to modern updates but that's not solution to an intense gameplay !

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea, but the skills would still need to make sense. (Brachis with healing auras and exploding Pachys make no sense to me, although these things could possibly be added in the form of gun skills.) But a pack-hunting carnivore could have a skill that either buffs the offensive stats of his allies, or marks a target to take more damage from all sources. Or a herbivore that travels in herds could have a skill that warns allies of danger and thus boosts their armor or their agility.

Another thing that I think would help make clan wars more strategic is if multi-target skills did full damage to all targets. Doing 66% damage or even less to a bunch of targets is nearly useless, but if you could hit 3-6 targets for a full 200% damage then that would be an option worth considering in a clan war. And stronger single-target attacks like Brutal Bite and Canyon Ray would still be preferable in a 1v1.