OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Hello rangers, and DEVS.

On this occasion I would like to offer some new ideas about new effects that could be applied in the future.
In total there are 5, I would like to know what you think, and if it is possible to mention other ideas. :p

1623820603188.png 1623821439489.png

"Poison" effect.

This effect is similar to bleeding, but with the difference that it can be multiplied, how?, I will give an example to a situation. In this example, the poison deals 1000 damage for 10s.

3 players with this effect face a rival, when player 1 applies the first effect, the poison will have the same similarity to bleeding; however, it will be different when they apply the second attack. If player 2 applies the same effect (poison), the effect applied by player 1 will “reset” and create a new time and damage increase adding the effect applied by player 2 (20s), 3 (30s), 4 (40s), 5 (50s), etc.
  • Player 1 (1000 damage - 10 sec) + Player 2 (1000 damage - 10 sec) = (2000 damage - 20 sec) etc.
  • Therefore, in a hypothetical situation, the poison x7 would have: 7000 damage - 70s
That is, no matter what second the first effect is applied, (1, 2, 3 - 9 seconds), the second effect will not be added the 10s (second effect) + 1-9s remaining of the first (or previous effect). It will only create a new timer in the effect + damage of the previous ones.

Its maximum multiplication could be x7-8, all this in order that this effect is not so harsh or OP. An implant could also be created to reduce the multiplication, time, and damage of the venom.

I hope I have explained this effect :)

1623821540362.png

"Time multiplier" effect.

Double the duration of any effect. In this case and unlike the multiplication of the poison, here it is added depending on the time of the effect that elapses. (5s = 10s, 3s = 6s, 1s = 2s).

If we think about it, this effect might be too OP. And personally I would not want to see it canceled by the stability implant, I think it would be unnecessary.

A more feasible solution would be that the effect lasts a very short time, for example 4 seconds, those who manage to apply other effects or know how to use it, will be able to benefit.

1623822022986.png

"Strengthening" effect.

Increase the damage of your dinosaur and weapon when you take multiple attacks. For each attack you take, your damage increases an extra percentage until the effect ends.

1623822252544.png

"Cancellation of Effects".

Literally nullify any dinosaur and weapon effect for a specified period of time.

1623822443020.png

"Healing cancellation"

Nullifies the chance to recover with the ability to heal, implant, leech, etc. For a specified period of time

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
View attachment 41828 View attachment 41829

"Poison" effect.

This effect is similar to bleeding, but with the difference that it can be multiplied, how?, I will give an example to a situation. In this example, the poison deals 1000 damage for 10s.

3 players with this effect face a rival, when player 1 applies the first effect, the poison will have the same similarity to bleeding; however, it will be different when they apply the second attack. If player 2 applies the same effect (poison), the effect applied by player 1 will “reset” and create a new time and damage increase adding the effect applied by player 2 (20s), 3 (30s), 4 (40s), 5 (50s), etc.
  • Player 1 (1000 damage - 10 sec) + Player 2 (1000 damage - 10 sec) = (2000 damage - 20 sec) etc.
  • Therefore, in a hypothetical situation, the poison x7 would have: 7000 damage - 70s
That is, no matter what second the first effect is applied, (1, 2, 3 - 9 seconds), the second effect will not be added the 10s (second effect) + 1-9s remaining of the first (or previous effect). It will only create a new timer in the effect + damage of the previous ones.

Its maximum multiplication could be x7-8, all this in order that this effect is not so harsh or OP. An implant could also be created to reduce the multiplication, time, and damage of the venom.
stability :p:)

as for me, this effect could be for crossbow, about which @MX Power gave his suggestion: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/the-crossbow-new-weapon-suggestion.20297/

View attachment 41831

Double the duration of any effect. In this case and unlike the multiplication of the poison, here it is added depending on the time of the effect that elapses. (5s = 10s, 3s = 6s, 1s = 2s).

If we think about it, this effect might be too OP. And personally I would not want to see it canceled by the stability implant, I think it would be unnecessary.

A more feasible solution would be that the effect lasts a very short time, for example 4 seconds, those who manage to apply other effects or know how to use it, will be able to benefit.
quite nice effect

as for me this effect could be for an all-round class dino/gun

View attachment 41832

"Strengthening" effect.

Increase the damage of your dinosaur and weapon when you take multiple attacks. For each attack you take, your damage increases an extra percentage until the effect ends.
this effect is quit interesting

i got similar idea for new effect, like lets say dino/gun deals 100% of damage and after every hit, damage increases by 10% (example) so first hit would deal 100%, second 110% (100%*1.1), third 121% (110%*1.1), fourth 133% (121%*1.1) and so on and this effect could last 10 seconds. effect would be separated for dinos and guns, casters would affect only themselves with this effect

there could be opposite effect, which decreases damage after every hit

View attachment 41833

Literally nullify any dinosaur and weapon effect for a specified period of time.

View attachment 41834

"Healing cancellation"

Nullifies the chance to recover with the ability to heal, implant, leech, etc. For a specified period of time
for this i just can say (/):!:

as i see it, this effect could be for an all-round or damager class dino/gun

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
stability :p:)
I would only go back to the 100% mandatory implant (because will cancelled 4 effects), and it is one of the things that I do not want.

as for me, this effect could be for crossbow
Also a dinosaur. I am aware that in the fossil record there are no indications of dinosaurs with poison (i think), but come on, DS is a fictional game and that makes it more fun xD

They just have to find a dinosaur with the characteristics of poison.

Last edited:

Bad_Killerin

Reaction score
before thinking about new effects.. first the cooldown should be again more short.. i mean.. it takes too long to wait until u can heal.. and also.. u only can use 1 attack now and not both gun attacks and dino attacks.. the choosing is over.. what take away the skills kinda.. since u can only press one special attack now that is the first one ready.. fighting still works.. but u have to wait too long.. i would not really need new effects but they are good ideas i admit.. still pls fix the cooldown.. there are much more hunting deaths now for my friends if they hunt and also for high lvl if cant heal and kept getting attacked.. all the time (alpha or bandit chain)

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
I would only go back to the 100% mandatory implant (because will cancelled 4 effects), and it is one of the things that I do not want.

Also a dinosaur. I am aware that in the fossil record there are no indications of dinosaurs with poison (i think), but come on, DS is a fictional game and that makes it more fun xD

Sinornithosaurus has teeth very similar to the gila monster and snakes, thing that maked to some paleontologists to think it was poisonous as hypotesis. Althought still is debate and many don't accept that idea, but is the only dinosaur know that maybe could had poison and also it has 4 wings that maked it could glide xd. Would be a good adition to the game but i don't know if they want to add more dinosaurs or if would be hard to code a flying/gliding feathered dinosaur as "walk" animation. Also as far i know it isn't on any other game of dinosaurs.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
(/)

i think same. dilophosaurus? :D

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
before thinking about new effects.. first the cooldown should be again more short.. i mean.. it takes too long to wait until u can heal.. and also.. u only can use 1 attack now and not both gun attacks and dino attacks.. the choosing is over.. what take away the skills kinda.. since u can only press one special attack now that is the first one ready.. fighting still works.. but u have to wait too long.. i would not really need new effects but they are good ideas i admit.. still pls fix the cooldown.. there are much more hunting deaths now for my friends if they hunt and also for high lvl if cant heal and kept getting attacked.. all the time (alpha or bandit chain)
bigger cooldown is made for preventing very short pvps. now sprinting with killing isnt a thing so recommend for your friends to not begin attacking while having low hp, just wait and while cooldown is ending, do some other staff like cleaning inventory or chatting xd. as i seen some players still didnt used to new balance, because they still using rex for far range or while having full far range set they fight in close range, what is stupid.

Bad_Killerin

Reaction score
bigger cooldown is made for preventing very short pvps. now sprinting with killing isnt a thing so recommend for your friends to not begin attacking while having low hp, just wait and while cooldown is ending, do some other staff like cleaning inventory or chatting xd. as i seen some players still didnt used to new balance, because they still using rex for far range or while having full far range set they fight in close range, what is stupid.
i dont really like the waiting.. yeah it makes it take longer.. but if not the cooldown is the problem what about the special attacks 1234 where u now only can choose one and then every of them has a cooldown.. its not possible anymore to only use like 2-3 attacks except u keep waiting until cooldown is gone.. its not really about skills if u press what is first ready to use

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Hello there,

This time I share my new suggestions for new effects...

“Cancellation of stability” effect

This effect cancels the opponent's Stability Points.

Therefore, applying stun, scared or confusion effects cannot be missed against enemies with a stability implant.

1630344699202.png

"Range reduction“ effect

Reduce the range points of your enemy.

1630344771822.png

“Hardness” effect

This effect reduces critical attacks by a high percentage.

1630344794614.png

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
“Blinding" effect

An effect similar to confusion, but only affects dinosaurs for a long time. There could also be one where it only affects weapon abilities.

1630344977569.png

"Spikes" effect

Own effect that deals damage when an opponent attacks you. The effect is similar to reflection, but spikes do not reduce enemy damage.

1630345068343.png

“Alteration” effect

Decreases in percentage all available attribute points used by the enemy (with the exception of vitality.

1630345144118.png

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
are you all trying to turn this game into moba or what lol
This is a RPG, variety is important 🤷‍♂️
At some point we will have new implants, technologies, dinos, weapons, etc.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
implants, technologies
as i see theres nothing what new imps or techs would provide, unless they would counter or affect your suggested effects

dinos, weapons
for these would be like 11 your suggested effects and 2 mine, 13 in total so there could be added many dinos into the game, but about guns, its like not many types left either xd, we have something like rpg (hammer), flame thrower (colt), sniper rifle (pm), minigun (gat), assault rifle kind of with burst fire mode (yager) and shotgun (ss), so only something like combat bow, crossbow, maybe assault rifle with automatic mode (shooting speed between gat and colt) and maybe something like pistols/revolvers

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
would there be any point of being effect like this?
It only affects the abilities of the dinosaurs, but you can use your weapon abilities. It is another way to avoid the attack of the dinosaurs.
for these would be like 11 your suggested effects and 2 mine, 13 in total so there could be added many dinos into the game, but about guns, its like not many types left either xd,
I think ... they could add weapons of the same type but with different stats to their "counterpart". For example: A sniper with more range and more powerful effects, but with a very low damage, less than Gat.

Also, they could add effects that other dinosaurs or weapons already have, but for them to work they must be balanced correctly.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan

Storm Boss

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Storm Boss
Clan
Night Eagles
I think the effects on this game are enough , yeah your ideas are cool, but for these effects , you need to rebalance the game again

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I think the effects on this game are enough , yeah your ideas are cool, but for these effects , you need to rebalance the game again
those effects would be added with new dinos/guns which could come to the game in future, so only those effects would be balanced, not all game rebalanced

Storm Boss

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Storm Boss
Clan
Night Eagles
those effects would be added with new dinos/guns which could come to the game in future, so only those effects would be balanced, not all game rebalanced
I think there is enough dinos and guns , you have 48 way different to play with dinos/guns
8 => dinos
6 => guns
6x8= 48

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I think there is enough dinos and guns , you have 48 way different to play with dinos/guns
8 => dinos
6 => guns
6x8= 48
> there is enough dinos and guns.
> 48 way different to play with dinos/guns

bruh

So, does that mean that no more dinosaurs need to be added? regardless of whether these are the most requested by the community?. This is a mmorpg, the variety is important so that everyone can play according to their preferences, sooner or later dinosaurs, weapons, etc. will have to come.

Regarding the balance problem, a global balance is not necessary, because only effects can be balanced and not attributes, etc.

You say there are more than 40 combinations, but I only see 3-4 within a server, specifically PM) (total damage, range ...) + fast dinosaur (vitality, heat, resistance ...).

Another advantage of new effects would be the possibility of countering effects, abilities, implants... that create a huge disadvantage in current PvP.

For example, above I suggested an effect to counteract stability, range ... I could calmly fight in close combat or play with an ankylosaur without worrying so much about its stun.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
8 => dinos
6 => guns
6x8= 48
Different types of combination of Dino and Weapon are possible yet only 3-5 types are used.

Storm Boss

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Storm Boss
Clan
Night Eagles
Here the 48 =
Rex = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Coelo = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Carno = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Anky = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Brachi = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Parasaur = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Pachy = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Centro : Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Here the 48 =
Rex = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Coelo = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Carno = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Anky = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Brachi = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Parasaur = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Pachy = Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
Centro : Gatling , Colt , Peacemaker , Showstopper , Yager , Hammer
that there are 48 combos, doesnt mean that all of them are even effective to use, for example centro+gat, both have vulnurability what isnt very effective, bcs they will replace each other and in order to use gat's vulnurability, its necessary to stay in medium range, what with centro is hard to do, same with tanks+gat

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

Phenomenus

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
AmocPieptE46
Clan
-II-TzeakaGAMING-II-
Hello rangers, and DEVS.

On this occasion I would like to offer some new ideas about new effects that could be applied in the future.
In total there are 5, I would like to know what you think, and if it is possible to mention other ideas. :p

View attachment 41828 View attachment 41829

"Poison" effect.

I hope I have explained this effect :)

View attachment 41831

View attachment 41832

"Strengthening" effect.

View attachment 41833

View attachment 41834

"Healing cancellation"

that poison ability...would look so great on dilophosaurus

Reactions: S19

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-