Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Hi,

TLDR;

Mechanic to trade skins, but they must be same type (can only trade flash sales skins for another flash sales skin, can't trade a skin from hunt for a lvl 55 q10 skin)

Anonymous, nobody knows who they are trading with

Both players pay the original, non discounted price for the skin to do the trade. Nobody earns gold

This way, nobody can actually abuse mechanics and transfer gold between accounts. Also, the value of rare skins is not going to go down, because if a skin is rare, people will be less likely to want to trade it away for something. Additionally, flash sales and event sales often bring more players on, so I think if such a feature exists more people will be online and play the game, as to check these trades out.

I know this has been reposted a bunch, but I think this version is robust. Thanks for your time!

Can we have a place to trade skins? To be clear, this would work the following way. Say we have Player A, who has amazonite engraving and wants amazonite tiger. We then have Player B who has amazonite tiger but wants amazonite engraving. Player A then goes to the not travelling trader, clicks read more and offers a trade. He offers his level 55 q10 amazonite engraving for a level 55 q10 amqazonite tiger. Then, player B goes to the not travelling trader, and sees that Player A wants to do this trade. Player B sees it as "A player wishes to make the following trade" with the 2 skins and a swap icon. Player B does not see the name of Player A. Then, Player B decides to make this trade. So it notifies Player A that someone (again, doesn't say player B's name) wants to trade. Player A deems this a good deal and agrees. He clicks on a button and this button confirms the trade. The button says he will have to pay 1,999 gold for this trade (price of q10 55 skin). The gold is then "spent" in the same way as how it works in auctions, so it is like a prebooked bid. If player B then sees that Player A has confirmed. At this point, if player B clicks the button and pays 1,999 gc, the trade is confirmed. The gold is spent, and a notification pops up for each of the players saying they have traded skins, along with the skin (it has the same attribute). Players can only trade skins if they are in the same "class". There are 3 classes, "purchased", "event" and "hunt and triforge". Purchased is skins that are/were in flash sales, event helper stores or in travelling trader. "Event" skins are ones you can get for free from playing events, such as Halloween skeleton blue this time. "Hunt and triforge" skins are ones you hunt an triforge for. The non travelling trader would simple show a bunch of listings to players, that someone wants a skin and offers another skin, similar to the travelling trader auction events. Maybe with that exact window and options.

Another idea: Triforge but for boosters. Triforge 10k basics for 2.5k potents or 500 vios

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
Hi,

TLDR;

Mechanic to trade skins, but they must be same type (can only trade flash sales skins for another flash sales skin, can't trade a skin from hunt for a lvl 55 q10 skin)

Anonymous, nobody knows who they are trading with

Both players pay the original, non discounted price for the skin to do the trade. Nobody earns gold

This way, nobody can actually abuse mechanics and transfer gold between accounts. Also, the value of rare skins is not going to go down, because if a skin is rare, people will be less likely to want to trade it away for something. Additionally, flash sales and event sales often bring more players on, so I think if such a feature exists more people will be online and play the game, as to check these trades out.

I know this has been reposted a bunch, but I think this version is robust. Thanks for your time!

Can we have a place to trade skins? To be clear, this would work the following way. Say we have Player A, who has amazonite engraving and wants amazonite tiger. We then have Player B who has amazonite tiger but wants amazonite engraving. Player A then goes to the not travelling trader, clicks read more and offers a trade. He offers his level 55 q10 amazonite engraving for a level 55 q10 amqazonite tiger. Then, player B goes to the not travelling trader, and sees that Player A wants to do this trade. Player B sees it as "A player wishes to make the following trade" with the 2 skins and a swap icon. Player B does not see the name of Player A. Then, Player B decides to make this trade. So it notifies Player A that someone (again, doesn't say player B's name) wants to trade. Player A deems this a good deal and agrees. He clicks on a button and this button confirms the trade. The button says he will have to pay 1,999 gold for this trade (price of q10 55 skin). The gold is then "spent" in the same way as how it works in auctions, so it is like a prebooked bid. If player B then sees that Player A has confirmed. At this point, if player B clicks the button and pays 1,999 gc, the trade is confirmed. The gold is spent, and a notification pops up for each of the players saying they have traded skins, along with the skin (it has the same attribute). Players can only trade skins if they are in the same "class". There are 3 classes, "purchased", "event" and "hunt and triforge". Purchased is skins that are/were in flash sales, event helper stores or in travelling trader. "Event" skins are ones you can get for free from playing events, such as Halloween skeleton blue this time. "Hunt and triforge" skins are ones you hunt an triforge for. The non travelling trader would simple show a bunch of listings to players, that someone wants a skin and offers another skin, similar to the travelling trader auction events. Maybe with that exact window and options.

Another idea: Triforge but for boosters. Triforge 10k basics for 2.5k potents or 500 vios
Overall i think it's a good idea except 1 thing. Most of the people wouldnt want to trade sale skins. Why? The reason is simple. Not crazy player just buy 1 skin which he want, he won't buy 2 times same skin so here is where he wouldnt take part in this trading system. For people who buy skins on sales for attributes it's just perfect ocasion to swap unwanted attribute skins into different ones. But yeah as I said, most of the players wouldnt trade their 'heart wanted' skins for different ones.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
Also I dont think that gold should be the currency in here. Why not Silver crowns? Make that shi matter finally

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Overall i think it's a good idea except 1 thing. Most of the people wouldnt want to trade sale skins. Why? The reason is simple. Not crazy player just buy 1 skin which he want, he won't buy 2 times same skin so here is where he wouldnt take part in this trading system. For people who buy skins on sales for attributes it's just perfect ocasion to swap unwanted attribute skins into different ones. But yeah as I said, most of the players wouldnt trade their 'heart wanted' skins for different ones.
Well true, but most people have skins that are absolutely their favourite, and skins they don't dislike but don't love to the same level. If you can trade a skin you don't dislike but don't love, for a skin that is your absolute favourite you'll make that trade every single time. "don't dislike but don't love" skins can be misclicks, or skins that you're like "eh not a bad addition to my collection at this price" or skins you love but at some point stop loving.

Also I dont think that gold should be the currency in here. Why not Silver crowns? Make that shi matter finally
Not a bad idea, but from devs' perspective they'd probably want to not lose value. WIth tokens, their value to devs is lower because they aren't sold

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
Well true, but most people have skins that are absolutely their favourite, and skins they don't dislike but don't love to the same level. If you can trade a skin you don't dislike but don't love, for a skin that is your absolute favourite you'll make that trade every single time. "don't dislike but don't love" skins can be misclicks, or skins that you're like "eh not a bad addition to my collection at this price" or skins you love but at some point stop loving.

Not a bad idea, but from devs' perspective they'd probably want to not lose value. WIth tokens, their value to devs is lower because they aren't sold
But still that would make people pay 2x higher price for skin than normal bcs they would need to buy skin for trade = 2k and later 2k for trading = 4k of gc. If the currency will be gold people won't use that trade bcs it's simply not effective (?) [Dunno i forgot word how to describe it]. It will be better to wait a bit and get the skin they want in sales with discount so like that instead of spending 4k they will spend normally 2k or even less.

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
But still that would make people pay 2x higher price for skin than normal bcs they would need to buy skin for trade = 2k and later 2k for trading = 4k of gc. If the currency will be gold people won't use that trade bcs it's simply not effective (?) [Dunno i forgot word how to describe it]. It will be better to wait a bit and get the skin they want in sales with discount so like that instead of spending 4k they will spend normally 2k or even less.
True but the thing is, if you do such a trade, then you're 100% getting the skin there. Like for instance, if someone wanted to buy blue feathers which came in the easter event, like 7 months ago. That skin is not coming back in the very near future. In fact, there's no way to know when or if it will return. If I REALLY love Blue feathers, then it makes sense to trade for it, even if it will cost me additional GC. If you can do it without the 2k gc penalty, then people will just swap until they have all the skins they want for free. The flash sales is still the primary system, the trade system will be for skins you realllly direly want, and of course if you don't want to wait you pay the premium. Kind of like ordering delivery for take out, you pay an extra premium so that you don't have to wait and go get it yourself.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
True but the thing is, if you do such a trade, then you're 100% getting the skin there. Like for instance, if someone wanted to buy blue feathers which came in the easter event, like 7 months ago. That skin is not coming back in the very near future. In fact, there's no way to know when or if it will return. If I REALLY love Blue feathers, then it makes sense to trade for it, even if it will cost me additional GC. If you can do it without the 2k gc penalty, then people will just swap until they have all the skins they want for free. The flash sales is still the primary system, the trade system will be for skins you realllly direly want, and of course if you don't want to wait you pay the premium. Kind of like ordering delivery for take out, you pay an extra premium so that you don't have to wait and go get it yourself.
Then we should also consider limits of trades availabe to make per week/month. Also it can be very hard to find someone who will want to trade exactly the skin player A want to get. Add more oprions for trading, not only one skin. It will make trades go faster + it will be more likely for players to actually get what they want. I see it like: player A is trading red easter feathers for one of the following skins: Amazon tiger, white black chameleon, purple muscles. Like that trades won't be so much narrowed so more people can actually take part in them.

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Then we should also consider limits of trades availabe to make per week/month. Also it can be very hard to find someone who will want to trade exactly the skin player A want to get. Add more oprions for trading, not only one skin. It will make trades go faster + it will be more likely for players to actually get what they want. I see it like: player A is trading red easter feathers for one of the following skins: Amazon tiger, white black chameleon, purple muscles. Like that trades won't be so much narrowed so more people can actually take part in them.
Well in the case of multiple options, Player A can always put out 3 deals. Since they have only 1 red feathers, once they accept one of the skins as a trade (so suppose 2 different players offer amazonite tiger and purple muscle). Player A wants amazonite tiger, so they trade the feathers for that amazonite tiger. Then, the other listings (trade red feathers for black chameleon and purple muscle) both expire. If the other person who offered purple muscle had confirmed that they want to trade (i.e "paid" the 2k gold) the prepayment would be cancelled, and no gold or skins would be taken from such a player's account