What's new

Rearrangement of Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavon

Reaction score
Europe_1, America_1, Europe_2, America_2, and Europe_3....

As much as it attracts natives to their home continents and at another, including of many different language-speakers into one server. I quite understand that it gives everyone a chance out to communicate and find other people of their own and another.

However, when powerful clans rises up that is only fluent in one language, and does not understand much of what the other language-speakers are trying to say. It brings to a lot of misunderstandings, which leads to...war and conflict.

Because that these things happen, it makes me want to learn a mix of languages so I can try to communicate with them (but it's also hard).

There had been a couple of players suggesting a new rearrangement of servers, so I bring this to the Forums for more thoughts and feedback.

A kind of rearrangement of servers we're speaking of, is servers dedicated to one's language they are using to play DinoStorm. I can see it work like this:

An English-Speaker in USA plays DinoStorm, and the same usual list of Europe_# and America_# servers list comes up. Only speakers there is other English-speakers they can interact and communicate with. Same for Spanish, French, German, Turkish, and many other languages.

Of course, it has its' own pros and cons, so let's see what can be OK and not with this.

Pros:
-Everyone understands each other
-Can resolve problems between individuals and clans in a non-misunderstanding way.
-Less complaints by players involving other language-speaking players
-GMs contacted by a player in the language they understand in can help (About this one, I've seen a former player trying to contact a Spanish GM with very little English knowledge on a problem and it took them a long time to get grasp of understanding or something like that).

Cons:
-Less traffic on servers with our current multilingual servers changing
-Bilingual players switching their Language to find players to communicate with of language of choice
-Less action packed conflicts with other language-speakers
-Difficult tweaking and 'barrier'ing of servers shared by many around the globe
-No more multilingual servers shared by all

I can't think of any other cons from there, as I have a feeling I might've missed a couple that should be added.

Thoughts and feedback on this will be appreciated, even if it doesn't go through!

Atmosphere

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Atmosphere
Clan
none
Kavon said:
Europe_1, America_1, Europe_2, America_2, and Europe_3....

As much as it attracts natives to their home continents and at another, including of many different language-speakers into one server. I quite understand that it gives everyone a chance out to communicate and find other people of their own and another.

However, when powerful clans rises up that is only fluent in one language, and does not understand much of what the other language-speakers are trying to say. It brings to a lot of misunderstandings, which leads to...war and conflict.

Because that these things happen, it makes me want to learn a mix of languages so I can try to communicate with them (but it's also hard).

There had been a couple of players suggesting a new rearrangement of servers, so I bring this to the Forums for more thoughts and feedback.

A kind of rearrangement of servers we're speaking of, is servers dedicated to one's language they are using to play DinoStorm. I can see it work like this:

An English-Speaker in USA plays DinoStorm, and the same usual list of Europe_# and America_# servers list comes up. Only speakers there is other English-speakers they can interact and communicate with. Same for Spanish, French, German, Turkish, and many other languages.

Of course, it has its' own pros and cons, so let's see what can be OK and not with this.

Pros:
-Everyone understands each other
-Can resolve problems between individuals and clans in a non-misunderstanding way.
-Less complaints by players involving other language-speaking players
-GMs contacted by a player in the language they understand in can help (About this one, I've seen a former player trying to contact a Spanish GM with very little English knowledge on a problem and it took them a long time to get grasp of understanding or something like that).

Cons:
-Less traffic on servers with our current multilingual servers changing
-Bilingual players switching their Language to find players to communicate with of language of choice
-Less action packed conflicts with other language-speakers
-Difficult tweaking and 'barrier'ing of servers shared by many around the globe
-No more multilingual servers shared by all

I can't think of any other cons from there, as I have a feeling I might've missed a couple that should be added.

Thoughts and feedback on this will be appreciated, even if it doesn't go through!
hm... good idea, but then again it could be better to just make the game one big server but have different channels. This would cause chaos though because all the clans would destroy each other lol. Then again this "server rearranging" idea would be nice to try out.

Muk Pile

Reaction score
I think that most of the miscommunication between foreign-speaking clans could be avoided if the Devs allowed us to control our dinos movements and emotional displays.
Here is an example about what I am talking about:

-A Claim or Building owned by a Level 15 Player.

Characters:
-A Level 15 Player and a Level 10 Player from a different clan.

Situation:
-Level 10 Player walks up to the Claim/Building and begins to attack it.
-Naturally, the Level 15 Player begins to defend his building by attacking the Level 10 Player.
-The Level 10 Player loses the battle, forcing him to drop most of his belongings and respawn nearby.
-The Level 10 Player walks back to retrieve his stuff.
-However, he can't speak the same language as the Level 15 Player.
-To show he is not a threat anymore, he stands in front of the Level 15 Player and bows his dinosaur's head, a universal sign of submission.
-The Level 15 Player acknowledges the Level 10 Player with a bow and allows him to collect his dropped items.

Results:
-Both Players are satisfied.
-Both Players have all their belongings.
-No clan war is started.
-No tickets are sent in to report abuse. :D

SkyLander

Reaction score
Tell you some, little lovely Kavon, Splitscreen Studios have no little intention to separate servers by the language, since their other games are the same as this, a mix of nationalities and languages​​. They believe that by supporting all or most used lenguages​​, magically people will understand each other.
So the best thing they can do is like an in-game translator or a system of expressions as saying MukPile. But believe me I do not have much intention to separate servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.