What's new

PVP Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattisx

Reaction score
PVP is pretty dull and disappointing with the current balancing and in-battle equipment locks ("You can't change implants/techs while in battle"). Maybe these are some things the devs can look into as they continue to work on the new features.

Dinosaurs (In order of pvp effectiveness)
1. Pachy: King of pvp. High speed, high agi, high hp; amazing ability for fighting multiple opponents
2. Coel: (Surprisingly awesome) High speed, high agi, high hp
3. Carno: Medium/high hp, high attack (makes up for lack of hp with high attack and health steal)
4-6 Unsure of order Brachi, Centro, Para

7. T-Rex ... Define it in one word: "Disappointment." The least useful pvp dino is the hardest to acquire, coolest looking and most prestigious dinosaur in the game? Yup, it's true. The ceol starter dino rips the t-rex a new one. Low hp, low agi, high speed + evasive skill... The t-rex is the rouge of this game... but there's no sneak ability, no pockets to pick, and no treasures to steal. PLEASE re-spec/rebalance the t-rex into more appropriate role of barbarian/berserker and give it the rightful place of #1 most useful pvp dinosaur. A small health boost really didn't accomplish anything. Beef up the str a LOT and make it slower. It doesn't need to be coel speed.

(Butthurt that I have a rex but it's worthless in battle so I don't use it)

Weapons
1. Peacemaker: If you aren't using this, you shouldn't pvp. 7 second, incurable stun is an incomparable advantage that neither of the other weapons can compete with. I have nothing against this, but it would be interesting if splitscreen at least tried to make the other weapons attempt to compete.

Dino Implants
One can fairly definitely say that the BEST implants are: Recovery + Armor + Agility (Vitality if your opponent has penetration on his gun)

In a good pvp battle, using endurance or strength will only get you killed faster. The above are your only realistic options.

Weapon Techs
BEST weapon techs: Damage + Precision + Penetration (Clock if your opponent doesn't have armor)

Focus is supposed to negate agility, but it's not nearly as good as the gains of any of the above listed (even against an opponent with agility installed). I haven't had a chance to experiment with range but I suspect it is similarly as useless as endurance (good for someone who isn't really trying to fight but just harass).

Suggestions

Dino Implants
Add some serious damage bonuses to the str implant to make it feasible.

Weapon Techs
Make range implant more possible to acquire & add a LOT of range to the range implant. Add a lot better hit chance to lvl 25 focus so just maybe it is comparatively useful.

The checks and balances are pretty stupid when you can't switch implants in battle it's just best to prepare for at least one person wearing armor or one person who doesn't have the penetration tech (you should wear armor and you should have the penetration tech in your gun). Please enable in-battle implant and tech switching preferably with real support ~ add hotkeys to switch between setups.

Consider creating a checks and balances with dinosaurs ~ give inherent boosts against certain types so clans must use a variety. I'm getting tired of seeing so many brachis from people who figured out the old combat system.
rock = brachi/centro (deal +1.5x damage to scissors +1/2 damage reduction from scissors)
paper = coel/pachy/para (+1.5x damage rock + 1/2 damage reduc rock)
scissors = carno/rex (+1.5x damage paper + 1/2 damage reduc paper)

Please note: The information and opinions above are from testing lvl 25 dinosaurs and guns with maxed techs and imps against other lvl 25 dinosaurs/guns with maxed techs and imps.

crazyfrog99220

Reaction score
I agree with the implant changing hotkey also it depends on the player i have seen a trex with endurance implant take put brachis 5v1

roqi319

Reaction score
well pachy can never be the king of pvp... centro has the best skills to counter multiple enemies... i have both dinos on 25 and have tested both in wars... i have a secret of centro with which i can kill atleast 1 opponenet even i am against 10 players :LOL: ;) and thats my war winning secret... players run away by seeing me :devilish: and i always have around 1500 potions with me :cool:

crazyfrog99220

Reaction score
Its sad when people using centro lose to carno becuase they stun it all they do is need to use the reflector and that carno is down

roqi319

Reaction score
crazyfrog99220 said:
Its sad when people using centro lose to carno becuase they stun it all they do is need to use the reflector and that carno is down
no matter what you do carno can;t beat centro... atleast i have not been beaten by any 25 lvl carno...8 sec paralyze or deflect attacks are enough to kill carno in an instant :LOL:

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I think a big problem with the Rex is that battle cry, though cool, really doesn't seem very useful in a fight. I mean think about it. The rex specializes in close range combat, but battle cry makes the opponent run AWAY from you. And it does this at the same time that you get your strength buff, when you especially want to be in biting range.

Also there is a lot that counters hard hitters like the rex and the carno. Speed dinos can simply use their speed to stay out of biting range, and deflectors actually turn a dino's strength into a weakness. No other stat can actually be used against it's owner. I think it would be better to change the centro's frill attack into a counter attack. Where it completely cancels 1 incoming attack, and if the opponent is in melee range the centro uses it's own strength and counters with an attack of it's own. And maybe have deflector shields deflect only gun fire, not dino damage.

Another problem is that paralyze trumps EVERYTHING, so a dinosaur's own skills are usually pretty useless in PvP anyway. I think it would be better if paralyze only stopped movement in PvP instead of being a full stun. That way a dinosaur's own skills wouldn't be completely obsolete, and the other guns would be legitimate options too. It also doesn't help that there's a bug preventing paralyzation cures and stability from cancelling paralyze.

alekjoao98

Reaction score
Mattisx said:
PVP is pretty dull and disappointing with the current balancing and in-battle equipment locks ("You can't change implants/techs while in battle"). Maybe these are some things the devs can look into as they continue to work on the new features.

Dinosaurs (In order of pvp effectiveness)
1. Pachy: King of pvp. High speed, high agi, high hp; amazing ability for fighting multiple opponents
2. Coel: (Surprisingly awesome) High speed, high agi, high hp
3. Carno: Medium/high hp, high attack (makes up for lack of hp with high attack and health steal)
4-6 Unsure of order Brachi, Centro, Para

7. T-Rex ... Define it in one word: "Disappointment." The least useful pvp dino is the hardest to acquire, coolest looking and most prestigious dinosaur in the game? Yup, it's true. The ceol starter dino rips the t-rex a new one. Low hp, low agi, high speed + evasive skill... The t-rex is the rouge of this game... but there's no sneak ability, no pockets to pick, and no treasures to steal. PLEASE re-spec/rebalance the t-rex into more appropriate role of barbarian/berserker and give it the rightful place of #1 most useful pvp dinosaur. A small health boost really didn't accomplish anything. Beef up the str a LOT and make it slower. It doesn't need to be coel speed.

(Butthurt that I have a rex but it's worthless in battle so I don't use it)

Weapons
1. Peacemaker: If you aren't using this, you shouldn't pvp. 7 second, incurable stun is an incomparable advantage that neither of the other weapons can compete with. I have nothing against this, but it would be interesting if splitscreen at least tried to make the other weapons attempt to compete.

Dino Implants
One can fairly definitely say that the BEST implants are: Recovery + Armor + Agility (Vitality if your opponent has penetration on his gun)

In a good pvp battle, using endurance or strength will only get you killed faster. The above are your only realistic options.

Weapon Techs
BEST weapon techs: Damage + Precision + Penetration (Clock if your opponent doesn't have armor)

Focus is supposed to negate agility, but it's not nearly as good as the gains of any of the above listed (even against an opponent with agility installed). I haven't had a chance to experiment with range but I suspect it is similarly as useless as endurance (good for someone who isn't really trying to fight but just harass).

Suggestions

Dino Implants
Add some serious damage bonuses to the str implant to make it feasible.

Weapon Techs
Make range implant more possible to acquire & add a LOT of range to the range implant. Add a lot better hit chance to lvl 25 focus so just maybe it is comparatively useful.

The checks and balances are pretty stupid when you can't switch implants in battle it's just best to prepare for at least one person wearing armor or one person who doesn't have the penetration tech (you should wear armor and you should have the penetration tech in your gun). Please enable in-battle implant and tech switching preferably with real support ~ add hotkeys to switch between setups.

Consider creating a checks and balances with dinosaurs ~ give inherent boosts against certain types so clans must use a variety. I'm getting tired of seeing so many brachis from people who figured out the old combat system.
rock = brachi/centro (deal +1.5x damage to scissors +1/2 damage reduction from scissors)
paper = coel/pachy/para (+1.5x damage rock + 1/2 damage reduc rock)
scissors = carno/rex (+1.5x damage paper + 1/2 damage reduc paper)

Please note: The information and opinions above are from testing lvl 25 dinosaurs and guns with maxed techs and imps against other lvl 25 dinosaurs/guns with maxed techs and imps.
It's true at all :mad:

crazyfrog99220

Reaction score
Yes everyone only uses the peacemaker now because of its stun which makes extra power dinosaur skills worthless. So i suggest making the stun last less or like what yan said make it so you still can at least shoot. I have a question anyome can answer. Why was the brachi and centros stun reduced to 3 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.