What's new

New weapon idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I was thinking. All of the guns that we have so far basically do the same thing. They dish out a lot of damage, especially at long range, and they include a long-range attack and a shorter-range attack. Its fine to have this as an option, but play style doesn't change much from one gun to another. Also the current guns give a clear advantage to the tankier dinos, because while dino damage competes with vitality in your stat pool, gun damage does not. So I have an idea for a gun that would allow for a lot more variety in play styles, and maybe even help with some of the balance issues we have. So here it is:

Name: ???

Power: Same as Colt
Clock: Same as Peacemaker
Range: Same as Colt and Hammer

Skill 1: Tranquilizer
Description: Slows opponent down by 25% for 8 seconds
Extra Power: Reduces the opponent's agility by 50%

Skill 2: Deflector Shield
Description: Puts up an energy shield for 8 seconds which deflects 25% of incoming gun fire back at the opponent
Extra Power: Deflects 50% of incoming gun fire

Notice that Deflector Shield deflects only gun damage, not dino damage. If it seems more balanced to do so this skill might be given the ability to block dino damage, but only gun fire should be deflected. Also notice that this skill is only a defensive buff, not an attack. Just like the heal skill. I have Tranquilizer not doing any damage either, but if it seems more fair to make Tranquilizer an attack it can be made to do 200% damage. Finally, notice that this gun has a significantly lower dps than the other guns. Rather than being a purely offensive weapon like the others, this technological marvel is designed more for defense and to help the dinosaur efficiently dish out punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.