Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Hello everyone,

Today, regarding this topic [ #10 Dinosaur & Weapon Balance ] I would like to share with you my vision of a true diverse & balanced game.

First, my idea about balance. Basically to give every weapon and Dino a chance, not make them equal in power. Allow me to explain...

There is a game I used to play called C&C Generals ZH. On this game, there were 4 basic units, Ranger (Soldier) - Tank hunter (Soldier) - Battlemaster (Tank) - Gatling Tank (Tank).

1591400753271.jpeg

Rangers would kill any soldier easily, but it wouldn't do much damage to any Tank. Battlemaster would destroy any tank easily, but it wouldn't do much damage to soldiers. Tank hunter would destroy any Tank easily, but wouldn't do much damage to soldiers, and Gatling Tank would kill Soldiers in few seconds, but wouldn't do much damage to Tanks.

You can clearly see the pattern here in my example.

The best way to beat a ranger is using Gatling Tank, best way to beat Gatling Tank is using Battlemaster, best way to beat Battlemaster is using Tank hunter & best way to beat Tank Hunter is using Ranger. It is just like ( Rock - paper - scissors ). However, Tanks were still more durable and faster than infantry, but they were more vulnerable to Airstrikes.

What I was trying to explain by using that example is to have a balanced game, you do not necessarily need to make all dinosaurs & weapons equal. It is good enough for each Dino & Gun to have an advantage and a weakness. But to achieve true balance, you need make sure that players could use all these Dinosaurs and weapons, benefiting from their advantages and exploiting their opponents weaknesses.

There are four main styles of combat, as I explained in the following Video:

Ranged Combat:
- Best Dino is Pachycephalosaurs. Enough Vitality to resist against enemy shots, and high speed to keep distance.

Melee Combat:
- Best Dino is Carnotaurus. High Strength to penetrate through opponents' heal points in direct 1 v 1 combat, and its healing ability that allows it to survive though its strength.

Chase Combat:
- Best Dino is Parasaurolophus. For its high speed and slowdown ability which allows it to chase down and catch running opponents.

Evade Combat:
- Best Dino is Tyrannosaurus Rex. For its Battlecry ability and high speed, which allow it to retreat, and regroup, then attack again when the odds are on its user favor.

On addition to these four Styles of Combat, there are still cases worthy of mentioning.

All in one :
- Coelophysis. Not the best in any of these 4 but, unlike many Dinosaurs, it is good enough in all four styles at the same time. it has good vitality and Strength, fastest Dino out there, and stun ability which allow it to chase and evade. Which means it's best option for players who don't want use more than 1 Dino.

Solo PvP:
- Ankylosaurus, for its High Vitality, Armor attribute, Strong trail smash attack, Paralyze ability to evade. However not high enough speed. perhaps the best option to survive against any opponent in 1v1.

Group PvP:
- Brachiosaurus. For its high Vitality and multiple stun ability, it is able to stand against multiple opponents at the same time, while the rest of the group finishing them off.

You might be wondering, that's already how things are without any changes. so why most of what I said is currently not happening.

Well, Here is your part, our dear Developers. The problem consists in the following:

Game is pushing in favor of Ranged Combat. Extreme damage by Weapons is rendering Strength of Dinosaurs useless. Giving Pachycephalosaurus the ultimate advantage, followed by Coelophysis. Such push made Melee combat unreliable. And along side with a bug that was not fixed since the introduction of Maujak Mountains (Attack delay) made it impossible to chase down running opponents. Evading combat became pointless, since all players are keeping distance and shooting from range.

As you see, one push to one style of combat made the other main three completely useless and pointless, making Dinosaurus which are considered best at these three styles unreliable. and making 1 Dinosaur the only valid choice.

Pushing in favor of melee combat is also not a solution, since that would take us back to the old days before 2016 and before the introduction of Gatling. Where everyone just used Brachiosaurus or Carnotaurus.

The Solution:

How to fix this? Well, Balance the game, not balance Dinos and Weapons itself. There is clear difference between the two, as I explained in my example.

- Make Ranged Combat and Melee Combat as equal as possible. The Average Weapon in Long range should deal same amount of damage as the average Dino in melee & quarter of that average weapon damage ( Weapon In long Range = Dino in melee + 1/4 Weapon in long range ). Highway, perhaps that's the formula that you are looking for. It is really that simple. Maybe I am wrong, but only Test can prove it anyway.

- Fix the existing bugs that effect the gameplay.

- enhance Implants & Techs which counts on chance. Example: Agility, Freezer, Shock

- And maybe the only necessary change in Weapons is Sneak Shot skill of Yager Rifle, since 400% damage is completely unfair compared to Weapons that deal either 125% or 140% damage per skill.

And viola, here you have it. A perfectly Balanced PvP game, where every Dino is good at something, and bad at something. Giving Players the opportunity to prove who is truly the best and more experienced. And creating more dynamic and interesting Gameplay.

Last edited: