What's new

lower the waiting time on upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex mobirds

Reaction score
hi somen of us are to impaitnent to wait 6 hours for ur dino to upgrade and to tell u the truth 6 hours for ur dino to upgrade is stupid it shouldnt take so long and it costs to much to upgrade im lvl 24 on sever am_4 and my gun is only lvl 20 becuz it costs to much dino dollars to upgrade my implants are only lvl 20 also becuz it takes to long to upgrade them and it costs to much i think u should lower the waiting time for stufff to upgrade and u should also lower the amount of dino dollars becuz there haev been a lto of times where i have had to go and get extra of wat i need to upgrade becuz o dont have enough dino dollars so i think u should lower the cost and the time it itakes to upgrade stuff

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
alex mobirds said:
hi somen of us are to impaitnent to wait 6 hours for ur dino to upgrade and to tell u the truth 6 hours for ur dino to upgrade is stupid it shouldnt take so long and it costs to much to upgrade im lvl 24 on sever am_4 and my gun is only lvl 20 becuz it costs to much dino dollars to upgrade my implants are only lvl 20 also becuz it takes to long to upgrade them and it costs to much i think u should lower the waiting time for stufff to upgrade and u should also lower the amount of dino dollars becuz there haev been a lto of times where i have had to go and get extra of wat i need to upgrade becuz o dont have enough dino dollars so i think u should lower the cost and the time it itakes to upgrade stuff
Some time between May '13 and October '13, the upgrade costs were increased.
Level 20 to 21 dino/gun upgrades went from 4,024 to 4,950 dino dollars.
Level 20 to 21 implant/tech upgrades went from 1,342 to 1,652 dino dollars.
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4747#p15144
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6361#p19713

I haven't upgraded anything in awhile, so I don't know if any unannounced changes have been made.
Hopefully, when the Green Volcano ("working title") map is implemented, the level cap will be increased. Unfortunately, dino/gun upgrade costs will be 5,000+ dino dollars if the level cap is increased, so you should start saving dino dollars to upgrade your favorite dino(s) now just in case.
Or maybe a new currency will be implemented as well... who knows?

Although I agree that 6 hours is a long time, I side with the developers. 6 hours may be too long for people who play for only a few hours per day/week, but the majority of America_1's level 20+ playerbase play(ed) for at least 6 (nonconsecutive) hours per day. If upgrade timers were shortened, too many players would reach the upgrade caps too quickly and the devs would have to rush to implement new content/features (like new items + upgrading quality of items at the Triforge).

alex mobirds

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
alex mobirds said:
Some time between May '13 and October '13, the upgrade costs were increased.
Level 20 to 21 dino/gun upgrades went from 4,024 to 4,950 dino dollars.
Level 20 to 21 implant/tech upgrades went from 1,342 to 1,652 dino dollars.
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4747#p15144
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6361#p19713

I haven't upgraded anything in awhile, so I don't know if any unannounced changes have been made.
Hopefully, when the Green Volcano ("working title") map is implemented, the level cap will be increased. Unfortunately, dino/gun upgrade costs will be 5,000+ dino dollars if the level cap is increased, so you should start saving dino dollars to upgrade your favorite dino(s) now just in case.
Or maybe a new currency will be implemented as well... who knows?

Although I agree that 6 hours is a long time, I side with the developers. 6 hours may be too long for people who play for only a few hours per day/week, but the majority of America_1's level 20+ playerbase play(ed) for at least 6 (nonconsecutive) hours per day. If upgrade timers were shortened, too many players would reach the upgrade caps too quickly and the devs would have to rush to implement new content/features (like new items + upgrading quality of items at the Triforge).
that is true but it takes so long i have kinda stopped playing the game

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
alex mobirds said:
that is true but it takes so long i have kinda stopped playing the game
Only because of upgrade time and cost?
What do you think you'd be doing if all of your dinos, implants, guns and techs were level 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.