Ideas to reduce gate swapping

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
So in the current war situation, defenders just swap gates with other allied clans, which makes it very boring. To me these are some ways this can be dealt with one of the following:

1) Allow the creation of an ally system, and offer minor perks, and you cannot attack ally gates. Introduce some negative reasons due to which clans that are allied want to be in an ally together. Allies aren't going anywhere, so might as well control it rather than let them exist in this boring state.

2) If your clan attacks another clan's buildings and that clan does not attack your buildings, then you drain more slowly. The exception is if you start a phase with a clan that has 0 buildings.

my second idea is not great, because there's still ways to game it, but I think this problem seriously holds back the war. Right now it starts and ends in 15-20 minutes. Nobody defends gates, they just take turns swapping. Instead of war, it is let me go sit motionless at this gate, while my enemy is at the gate next to me. It's not really entertaining. More suggestions/thoughts appreciated

silvester

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
silvester
Clan
dark assassins
nr 1 sounds good