slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I have question to devs about hit odds after being affected with hit chance down effect, how does it work exactly, how did you program it? @Alewx, @Highway @Gruni
I'm asking since what I understand from description of rex's battle cry skill's description isn't the same as it actually is. What I understand is that it just adds additional 50% for already existing miss chance or in other words its multiplied by 1.5 what points the "more often" phrase, but what actually it does, is that it literally lowers hit chance by half of all shots + missing chance of hits or just to lower than 50%. So how it is intended to be?

Rex's battle cry skill's ep description about hit chance down effect: " Targets also fail to hit 50% more often...".

My noted odds for hitting without hit chance down effect:
3616 focus - ~100% shot/hit chance (346 hits, 0 misses)
66 focus - ~96.3% shot/hit chance (382 hits, 14 misses)
for skills hitting odds are more or the less same.

Odds for hitting with hit chance down effect:
3616 focus + hit chance down effect - ~43.1% hit/shot chance (123 hits, 70 misses) (expected by me 100-(100-~0)*1.5=~100)
66 focus + hit chance down effect- ~45.2% shot/hit chance (126 hits, 69 misses) (expected by me 100-(100-96.3)*1.5=94.45)
for skills hitting odds are more or the less same.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
In my opinion you are slightly overthinking this issue - look at para. It's skill has a quite similar description = "Your dino is 50% better at dodging attacks". So if you have 0 agility, 0 * 150% = 0 and you shouldn't be dodging any attacks. However this is certainly not how this skill works.

Now to explain how it's actually calculated.
Consider the clan boosters - the description reads "X is boosted by 5%". What if you don't have any points in the ability you're boosting? For example, when it comes to recovery - you get +175 attribute increase (at lvl 55, I dont know if there are any differences between lvls - all this information comes from my personal experiments in game). However, with 55 recovery implant you get + 269 from the clan booster (1890 * 5% = 94. 94+175 = 269). As a result, we can see that there is a minimum value that is always added to those boosting skills + the procent described from your skill

recovery.png

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
In my opinion you are slightly overthinking this issue - look at para. It's skill has a quite similar description = "Your dino is 50% better at dodging attacks". So if you have 0 agility, 0 * 150% = 0 and you shouldn't be dodging any attacks. However this is certainly not how this skill works.

Now to explain how it's actually calculated.
Consider the clan boosters - the description reads "X is boosted by 5%". What if you don't have any points in the ability you're boosting? For example, when it comes to recovery - you get +175 attribute increase (at lvl 55, I dont know if there are any differences between lvls - all this information comes from my personal experiments in game). However, with 55 recovery implant you get + 269 from the clan booster (1890 * 5% = 94. 94+175 = 269). As a result, we can see that there is a minimum value that is always added to those boosting skills + the procent described from your skill

View attachment 43925
Thx for answer, but i still want to get answer from devs without any assumptions