What's new

Give us back our Coelophysis

gbor001

Reaction score
March 25th 2014 was a sad day for those who, like me, regard the Coelo as their favourite dino :( The game update on that day said...

Taking a hit now slows down your dinosaur for 2 seconds. :(

The Coelo is BUILT FOR SPEED!!! That update rendered the Coelo useless. We can no longer get far enough from the enemy to use the Jump Attack... we lost that ability, together with the ability to stun the enemy.

Taking away speed from the Coelo is like taking away the vitality from the Brachio, or the strength from the Carno and Rex - it does not make sense - it renders them useless!

Next week it will be 2 years i've been playing DS. Splitscreen, for the love of this game, please consider any of the following:

1) Remove the slow down for the Coelo, or
2) Allow the Jump Attack in shorter distance

Thx

arachyd

Reaction score
100% agree. I've been using coel for almost 2 years myself and complaining about this problem in other posts on the forum. If nothing else, coel should be immune from slow since it is not strong and doesn't have high hp. The only skills it has are to attack from a distance it can no longer reach and run away which it can no longer do. It is extremely unfair to those of us who use coel as it is now the only dino with no special ability. The rapid strikes attack is pretty useless (unless you're fighting a coel) when all players using other dinos can kill you quickly.

gbor001

Reaction score
I would also like to point out a detail...

The update said "Taking a hit now slows down your dinosaur for 2 seconds." That is not accurate, cos in reality the slow down applies immediately when we open fire.

If the slow down had to actually be applied only when hit then it would already be an improvement. Better still would be to apply the slow down only when we receive a critical hit.

kjfg5

Reaction score
make them immune from slow since it is not strong and doesn't have high hp

arachyd

Reaction score
It is not true only when you take a hit. I get slowed when I'm shooting rocks and trees - it's ridiculous. Another thing I noticed yesterday is when an npc coel attacks it can be almost in the same spot as your dino and stun you. It needs no distance for jump attack. Why can't we do that?