What's new

General game activity improvement (idea?)

Wh1teOkami

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
N O C T I S
Clan
Elysium
As we all know 1 or 2 servers seem to be really dead, and this game is not really gaining any new players.

This will probably sound mental to alot of people (devs included), but why don't the leading devs / project managers think about the idea of merging all the servers together?
It would mean less dead servers and more fun for most of the players since there will not only be more players to interact with but also more wars and fights.

This would mean they had to add more maps although that wouldnt really be the biggest problem if they would dedicate to it (which doesn't seem to be very realistic when we're thinking about all the time devs/project managers or whatever have wasted on this game doing nothing for years) please dont take offense to this comment lol.

Sooner or later this game will die since some servers seem to be having no active players.

(I've seen multiple games not die due to just this one reason so I thought I could just throw this in here)

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
Skill issue + cope.

Wh1teOkami

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
N O C T I S
Clan
Elysium
+ it can kinda fix the huge third party money trading problem of this game

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
+ it can kinda fix the huge third party money trading problem of this game
That's too controversial man, you are going against your alliance by saying that... on the other side some people prefer to play on low population server because they are just not willing to play on high pop servers because of skill issue and irl issue. Just like the bunch of players that ran from am1 to get sheriff in asia1.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
This will probably sound mental to alot of people (devs included), but why don't the leading devs / project managers think about the idea of merging all the servers together
That's a complex topic.

If all the server becomes one then there might be loss of players, players will say that there's too much competition and it takes them too much times to win something in the server.

On the other hands, if server with low activity where the player base is not increasing could be merged to cut their costs of operating more inactive server.

I remember, I think a developer talking about this topic saying how they would do it.. if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:

trabzon

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Flo Rida
Clan
Good Feeling
No if you merge all in one server it would mean many accs with few avatars high lvls-sheriff will be wasted , and imagine getting a sheriff election ? Impossible

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Interesting, didn't know about that
i think same happened with eu4, like few years ago i heard that it was almost dead server

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
Well maybe if some actual good updates come out, more people might play but mixing servers is not gonna solve the bigger issue

Wh1teOkami

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
N O C T I S
Clan
Elysium
Yea I know its a complex topic thats why I said its just an idea, another thing i was thinking of was Character transferring meaning you could go to any server at any time or you might have a cooldown on transferring like a week or so

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
I think the devs themselves cause this situation of low activity through various negligence. I understand that you can team up and form massive alliance. It is a very smart idea indeed but doing so will always result in the creation of a dominant force that has absolute power and can push out any competition. For a long time those massive alliance has been here and just dominated the server with an iron grip; this has cause the game itself to suffer severely and lost a good part of its player base in my opinion. The fact that the devs didn't come up with a solution for so long is very disappointing to me as a gamer. When a solo player decides to fight back he can only lose and never win. No matter how hard a solo player tries his action are never rewarded because someone can just come online and collect the medals and fame then call 100+ allies. Finally now they will change this and red gates cannot be collected. Unfortunately this update came a bit too late.

Wh1teOkami

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
N O C T I S
Clan
Elysium
I think the devs themselves cause this situation of low activity through various negligence. I understand that you can team up and form massive alliance. It is a very smart idea indeed but doing so will always result in the creation of a dominant force that has absolute power and can push out any competition. For a long time those massive alliance has been here and just dominated the server with an iron grip; this has cause the game itself to suffer severely and lost a good part of its player base in my opinion. The fact that the devs didn't come up with a solution for so long is very disappointing to me as a gamer. When a solo player decides to fight back he can only lose and never win. No matter how hard a solo player tries his action are never rewarded because someone can just come online and collect the medals and fame then call 100+ allies. Finally now they will change this and red gates cannot be collected. Unfortunately this update came a bit too late.
true that

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Unfortunately this update came a bit too late
And I fear that this update will not be enough to revive the game or put it in a position where players will enjoy it again as in the pasts.

I'm also suspecting there might be an exodus of players shortly after part 3 has been deployed. Just a mere suspicion.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
And I fear that this update will not be enough to revive the game or put it in a position where players will enjoy it again as in the pasts.

I'm also suspecting there might be an exodus of players shortly after part 3 has been deployed. Just a mere suspicion.
I am migrating to pirate galaxy soon, although it has the same problem with people being able to bypass the detection system of the game and get access to brazilian store without getting perma banned and its deader than ds. The quest in pirate galaxy are much more enjoyable than those in DS. You can literally do space race with your spaceship and the quest have a story to it unlike in ds where you just get thrown in some random ass desert and your goal is to lick botty and twerk for rex.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
There are many way to improve the current PvP gameplay in ds by adding a few new items.
-An item purchasable in the premium ranger supply shop that can increase the quality of a gate by 1 grade.
Good > Very good > Excellent.
400 Gc per item, Effect is disabled after gate reach 0% (Please discuss for other duration time if this is inappropriate)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-An item purchasable in the premium ranger supply shop that once used will turn all the gates in the map red.
Time duration=5 minutes instead of 10 minutes from normal supply charges.(disagree or agree to keep at 10 minutes)
1500 Gc per item, Maybe a monthly giveaway of this item can occur where only 1 is gifted away every month.
Am aware that you can buy supply charges for much cheaper and that the above item is very expensive if you compare it to buying supply charges but we know not everyone can buy supplies and this cause many players unable to fully enjoy the game. And also this item would be a good weapon for attackers considering map owners are literally given the most powerful defense system in the game. That's right I am talking about the announcement banner that appears at the top right corner of your screen. That thing literally tells you when someone is attacking anywhere on all 5 maps.
Do shit talk my idea so that we can come up with something better. Thanks.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
There are many way to improve the current PvP gameplay in ds by adding a few new items.
-An item purchasable in the premium ranger supply shop that can increase the quality of a gate by 1 grade.
Good > Very good > Excellent.
this is actually good idea, about 2nd idk

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
this is actually good idea, about 2nd idk
Yeah although the 2nd idea is a bit far fetched, it is so that to counter the announcement banner which is just too over powered. You can have 1 person afk in dinovile and all he need to do is look at the announcement banner to know if someone is attacking a map.
Lets say you are in maujak mountain farming smilos.
When a gate turns red the banner will say "Hard time for 'name of supplier' " or " Devall under attack, expecting resistance"
But when a gate in another map turns red the banner will say "Hard time for blank". Which lets you know that an attack is being carried out and tells you to look at the map to find where it is. Now you are a solo player draining a gate in some low level map when not many people are online and this stupid announcement banner tells the whole server that you are attacking a gate. Like I can't even drain stealthily it's stupid. They could at least create an item purchasable for gold that would do the job of the announcement banner instead of getting a free system that tells everyone I am attacking the map.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
What I am trying to say that the announcement system is not fair and should be removed or change in some way that makes it fairer for everyone.
-Remove it.
-Create an item that can be purchased and will serve the roll of the announcement banner.
-Create an item that can counter the announcement banner (aka my 2nd idea.)

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Yeah although the 2nd idea is a bit far fetched, it is so that to counter the announcement banner which is just too over powered. You can have 1 person afk in dinovile and all he need to do is look at the announcement banner to know if someone is attacking a map.
Lets say you are in maujak mountain farming smilos.
When a gate turns red the banner will say "Hard time for 'name of supplier' " or " Devall under attack, expecting resistance"
But when a gate in another map turns red the banner will say "Hard time for blank". Which lets you know that an attack is being carried out and tells you to look at the map to find where it is. Now you are a solo player draining a gate in some low level map when not many people are online and this stupid announcement banner tells the whole server that you are attacking a gate. Like I can't even drain stealthily it's stupid. They could at least create an item purchasable for gold that would do the job of the announcement banner instead of getting a free system that tells everyone I am attacking the map.
I think it would be a lot more simple just to make that announcement banner wouldn't announce other maps, just the one in which player is, like it was before. I think that its maybe a bug. @Highway is it intended to be like @vansh says?