Future implants and techs

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I've been thinking about future implants/techs... something to keep in mind is that currently implants/techs rely on randomness and absolutes to win a fight.
For example, the reflection implant is very OP and is difficult to counteract sometimes because it is very unpredictable, or the stability implant, causes anky and showstopper to become weak etc. If future implants continue with this mechanics it will only generate chaos.

While it is true that there are combinations that help us, sometimes these combinations do not work well enough if there is no control or a way to activate them at specific times.

1682969005310.png1682969025009.png

In a nutshell, we need more control of our equipment, we also need more implants/techs with various functions to vary our gameplay depending on the content or situation we have. This is my idea:

I will take implants as a general example, technologies can also be applied to this idea (I just don't want to write too much).

Implants are divided into 2 (skill implants or stats/attributes implants).
Rules: Only 2 equipment can be used with skills. 1 implant and tech, 2 techs or 2 implants. And their fast keyboards are R and T

1682970243450.png
Attribute/stats implants are those that increase your attributes and stats of your dinosaur, these are the implants we currently have but here are some other ideas.
Examples:
  • Attack buff implant: Increases the damage percentage of your dinosaur's skills,
  • Extra power attack buff implant: Increases an extra percentage of damage to your dinosaur once you have used your extra power.
  • Close Combat Tech Cadence: Increases the rate of fire of your weapon in close combat.
  • Survival implant: When your life bar is below 25%, your dinosaur will receive a buff of resistance to dinosaur attacks.
Implants with skill/ability: These implants have by default a skill that we can use/activate in combat, (these skills do not cause damage, they are only combat effects) the implant will be marked with a sign to differentiate the previous implants. Most of these implants have long cooldowns.

1682973101658.png
Examples:
  • Instant invulnerability implant: Your dinosaur is frozen and invincible to enemy attacks and damage, your ranger cannot attack or move. The effect lasts 12 seconds and the cooldown is 170 seconds.
  • Attack speed implant: Increases the attack speed of your dinosaur. The effect lasts 8 seconds and its cooldwn is 60 seconds.
  • Invisibility implant: Your ranger becomes invisible for 9s, nobody can attack you unless you perform an action. The cooldown is 160s.
  • Cooldown Implant: cools down your extra power abilities even faster. This ability can be used every 120 seconds.
  • Evasion Implant: Evade the extra power effects of your enemies. The effect lasts 8s and its cooldown is 100s.
  • Resistance implant: Increases your dinosaur's resistance to critical attacks, the effect lasts 10s and its cooldwn is 70s.
  • Confrontation implant: Forces your enemy to fight in close combat, your enemy cannot escape from you for 20s. The cooldown of the effect lasts 50s.
  • Anti-healing Technology: Injects your enemy with an anti-healing effect, your enemy cannot heal after 25s. This effect is activated after your enemy is out of combat. The cooldown lasts 200s.
  • Etc
Here are some more ideas that I did some time ago: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/suggestion-idea-for-new-effects.20342/#post-65097

And as I said at the beginning, some implants we have could work with these new mechanics:
  • Stability implant: increases resistance to counteract stun, confusion and fear.
  • Reflector implant: reflects the damage of your enemies for 10 seconds. The cooldown of is 40 seconds.
  • Heat implant: Increases the chance of not being hit by the effects of snail (slowness) and paralysis.
We could also have implants that have a function in PVE:
  • Provocation implant: Lure your pve enemies in a specific range and make them attack only you. The effect lasts 30s and the cooldwn is 60s.
  • Scent implant: Enhances your dinosaur's sense of smell so you can find valuable rewards. The effect lasts until you find an item.
  • etc
Something interesting that could be included in these mechanics could be the inclusion of unique implants/technologies for dinosaurs or weapons, so that each dino and weapon is a little more unique in its function.
These implants function according to the characteristics of the dinosaur, some skills can be activated or can be passive:
  • Attack Implant: Increases the damage percentage of your dinosaur's first ability. The dinosaurs that can use it are: Carnotaurus, Centrosuaurs, Tyrannosaurus and Anky.
  • Extra power-up implant: Increases the duration time of the extra power of your dinosaur's 2nd ability. The dinos that can use it are: Brachiosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Centrosaurus.
  • Critical chance implant: Increases the attack critical of your following dinosaurs: Rex and Carnotaurus.
  • Special armor implant: Adds extra armor to your dinosaur, the only one that can use it is the ankylosaurus.
  • Impact implant: Causes a fracture effect (slowness and a small hemorrhage) to the enemy: The dinosaurs that can use it are the pachy and the center.
  • Etc

and that's all, thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
the game simply needs newer mechanics (such as triforge, townhall overhaul, combat fame rework) not new levels nor new implants & techs

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I would say both would be good maybe

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
I think that first it would have to balance the implants that already exist.

dinos and weapons have been balanced recently, but implants and techs have not.
I believe that no implant should 100% nullify any effect.

for example, when using stability implants, you will have a great advantage over, anky, Brachi, Showstopper and Gattling and, as a bonus, you can cancel the best effect in the game, which is the rex's scream.
Rex was much more fun and versatile before this new stability imp effect.
it was possible to run from a group of enemies, trap enemies so they can't escape, save portals from kit addicts, save allies in trouble, separate enemies...etc.