Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
Quest system:

Quests are long, boring, repetitive, and painful:

When I say this, transport quests usually come to mind, but that's only because they are the longest and most boring ones and are straight up rage-inducing at times.

There are a few quest NPCs that are impossible to complete for their level:

The one in Green Volcano whose transport quest runs through a Smilo nest is impossible to complete unless you out-level the Smilo to the point they no longer aggro onto you. The recently broken NPC in Cold Claw Valley whose Smilo hunting quest is inside a Smilo nest as well. There are also other transport quests in MM that start in Smilo nests too, which is a pain.

Why does questing make me hate my fellow players?:

Normally in games, friends helping you quest makes life easier, but for some reason in this game, having someone join your quest makes the quest MORE slow, boring, and painful. It also makes you want to kill them for existing and doing the quest you are doing.

Maps:

Why are the maps one straight long path?:

Why, why, why? Whose idea was this? For what reason? Do they hate fun, strategy, freedom, and movement? Also, this map design only encourages large alliances and hurts small clans and players because they have no way to escape from large groups of players. No, jump links are not as useful as having an open map with tons of pathways.

Protection:

STOP. PROTECTING. EVERYTHING.:

Protection belongs on your hip and in the bedroom; it has no place in an online multiplayer game centered around PvP. Remove the protection phase, remove the protection badges, and bring back outlaw hunters. The warning on the loading screens "CAREFUL PVP AREA" means nothing anymore because of protection! IF YOU WANT TO BE PROTECTED AND SAFE, STAY IN DINOVILLE!

PvP is bad:

So, one of the devs said they can't add new dinos because 'balancing' being a nightmare... What balance?:

You really can't talk about balance when the game is legit pay-to-win. There is no reason boosters should add damage in PvP. All the mainstream PvP games rely on skill to win their PvP encounters. Can you imagine someone in a CSGO tournament pulling out their credit card because they ran out of damage boosters? What a joke talking about balance in a pay-to-win game. The game was so unbalanced; the devs only found out that Brachi was overpowered because in PTR, everyone had violent boosters so the game was ACTUALLY FAIR, and you could clearly see what dino was strong when the PvP was fair since PTR was 99% Brachi at the time and 1% people failing at using Rex for the first time in their lives.

Gate system:

All these plans to make the upgrading system blah blah:

Look, no one is going to upgrade a gate. Right now, it is impossible for any clan (in an alive server lolz eu1 git rkt) to defend a single gate for 2 hours because once everyone is done trading/ taking the other gates and those gates are protected, guess what? 40+ people are all coming to you :) Good luck defending since draining is so overpowered and healing means nothing.

Daily login rewards:

Logging in 7+ days in a row to get 2500 DD or a firework:

Yeah, "not worth it" is an understatement. I'll leave it at that.

Bosses:

Event bosses are lame damage sponges that require 0 thinking or problem-solving skills to beat; same goes for quest bosses.

Add some big raid bosses that require 70+ people a few days to complete for awesome rewards! Why? Because it's fun, duhhhh

Extras:

Coelophysis:

So, there is this glitch that exists for some reason. On most dinos, it's not noticeable, but on Coelophysis (guess what I main...), it's extremely common and annoying:

When you hover your mouse over a mob or player, the name pops up at the top. Now if your target is at the top of your screen (i.e., everything for Coel who's vision refuses to zoom out so you're stuck looking at people's feet most of the time...) and you hover your mouse over them, the name tag thing pops up exactly where your mouse is and blocks your target, creating a loop. Since your mouse is over the name tag and not over the target, it disappears, but now since the name tag is gone, your mouse is over the target again! Poof, it's back, and now it's repeatedly flashing, making you unable to target anything in war or just annoying you while you hunt.

LET COELOPHYSIS ZOOM OUT:

I'm tired of looking at dino feet. TY

Pachy:

Why is Pachy so ugly?:

I'm done complaining, but this is a legit question: why does this dino hurt my eyes so much? It's soooo ugly!!

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
.X- Kyria -X.
Clan
Strike Force
Pachy:

Why is Pachy so ugly?:

I'm done complaining, but this is a legit question: why does this dino hurt my eyes so much? It's soooo ugly!!
what did pachy ever do to you? :(

Maps:

Why, why, why? Whose idea was this? For what reason? Do they hate fun, strategy, freedom, and movement? Also, this map design only encourages large alliances and hurts small clans and players because they have no way to escape from large groups of players. No, jump links are not as useful as having an open map with tons of pathways.
they changed it back in i wanna say 2016-ish? their reasoning was that the maps being open made it difficult for new players to figure out where to go. so they made it linear with a clear beginning and end for every level mob, more or less, marked by the teleport sites. i disagree with this design philosophy as other mmos don't have this issue and usually levels are gatekept naturally just by getting your butt kicked by something stronger than you.

big agree with everything you say. apart from the pachy hate. leave my pachy alone. :(

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Maps:

Jump Gates exist for a reason, create strategies along the paths, position them well and you will have an advantage.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
Quest system:

Quests are long, boring, repetitive, and painful:

When I say this, transport quests usually come to mind, but that's only because they are the longest and most boring ones and are straight up rage-inducing at times.

There are a few quest NPCs that are impossible to complete for their level:

The one in Green Volcano whose transport quest runs through a Smilo nest is impossible to complete unless you out-level the Smilo to the point they no longer aggro onto you. The recently broken NPC in Cold Claw Valley whose Smilo hunting quest is inside a Smilo nest as well. There are also other transport quests in MM that start in Smilo nests too, which is a pain.

Why does questing make me hate my fellow players?:

Normally in games, friends helping you quest makes life easier, but for some reason in this game, having someone join your quest makes the quest MORE slow, boring, and painful. It also makes you want to kill them for existing and doing the quest you are doing.

Maps:

Protection:

STOP. PROTECTING. EVERYTHING.:

Protection belongs on your hip and in the bedroom; it has no place in an online multiplayer game centered around PvP. Remove the protection phase, remove the protection badges, and bring back outlaw hunters. The warning on the loading screens "CAREFUL PVP AREA" means nothing anymore because of protection! IF YOU WANT TO BE PROTECTED AND SAFE, STAY IN DINOVILLE!

PvP is bad:

So, one of the devs said they can't add new dinos because 'balancing' being a nightmare... What balance?:

You really can't talk about balance when the game is legit pay-to-win. There is no reason boosters should add damage in PvP. All the mainstream PvP games rely on skill to win their PvP encounters. Can you imagine someone in a CSGO tournament pulling out their credit card because they ran out of damage boosters? What a joke talking about balance in a pay-to-win game. The game was so unbalanced; the devs only found out that Brachi was overpowered because in PTR, everyone had violent boosters so the game was ACTUALLY FAIR, and you could clearly see what dino was strong when the PvP was fair since PTR was 99% Brachi at the time and 1% people failing at using Rex for the first time in their lives.

Gate system:

All these plans to make the upgrading system blah blah:

Look, no one is going to upgrade a gate. Right now, it is impossible for any clan (in an alive server lolz eu1 git rkt) to defend a single gate for 2 hours because once everyone is done trading/ taking the other gates and those gates are protected, guess what? 40+ people are all coming to you :) Good luck defending since draining is so overpowered and healing means nothing.

Daily login rewards:

Logging in 7+ days in a row to get 2500 DD or a firework:

Yeah, "not worth it" is an understatement. I'll leave it at that.

Bosses:

Event bosses are lame damage sponges that require 0 thinking or problem-solving skills to beat; same goes for quest bosses.

Add some big raid bosses that require 70+ people a few days to complete for awesome rewards! Why? Because it's fun, duhhhh

Extras:

Coelophysis:

So, there is this glitch that exists for some reason. On most dinos, it's not noticeable, but on Coelophysis (guess what I main...), it's extremely common and annoying:

When you hover your mouse over a mob or player, the name pops up at the top. Now if your target is at the top of your screen (i.e., everything for Coel who's vision refuses to zoom out so you're stuck looking at people's feet most of the time...) and you hover your mouse over them, the name tag thing pops up exactly where your mouse is and blocks your target, creating a loop. Since your mouse is over the name tag and not over the target, it disappears, but now since the name tag is gone, your mouse is over the target again! Poof, it's back, and now it's repeatedly flashing, making you unable to target anything in war or just annoying you while you hunt.

LET COELOPHYSIS ZOOM OUT:

I'm tired of looking at dino feet. TY

Pachy:

Why is Pachy so ugly?:

And what about rex that after the 2021 balance he completely lost his shine? its main characteristic, which was the fear effect, being completely nullified by the stability implant, made the game's main dinosaur no longer extremely versatile.

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvet
This latest update managed to get the rex back. In my clan we only use rex in Pvp

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
I am not gonna lie, even though i like some of updates, i really missed ds in 2013...

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Jump Gates exist for a reason, create strategies along the paths, position them well and you will have an advantage.
Problem i that they are expensive for big lvls and they last barely 1-2 days while we are at it.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
the guy who doesn't even participate in wars:

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvet
For those who started playing in 2020, they never really saw how much better Rex was between 2014 and 2018.
It's already better than all the other dinos at least. My only complaint is the scream that is muted by the stability

Rav3n

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
M O R I A R 3 T Y
Clan
quicker voltz
overall whole game is trash
except rex and dating in eu1 at ins

arachyd

Reaction score
Maps:

The maps used to have multiple pathways to get somewhere. It was an intentional decision to change them into one, long road. I don't know why or whose decision it was but it was a horrible decision which completely took strategy and options out of the game.

After several years of not playing due to chronic bad changes on DS's part I came back to find the maps all but deserted. They've successfully lost almost all the players they had on the maps I visited. Congratulations DS.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
AroAce Mechanoid
because for lvl 55(like me) they usually costed almost 10k dds.
i see well i am a lvl 55 aswell and i think you mean the unlocking cost which is now only 2k dds that is absolutely nothing to be honest 2 white lvl 55 items give you that money right back but even then i dont think it was 10k i remember more like 4k dds that is per one jumplink ofcourse if you meant multiple of then that would explain the high costs

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
i see well i am a lvl 55 aswell and i think you mean the unlocking cost which is now only 2k dds that is absolutely nothing to be honest 2 white lvl 55 items give you that money right back but even then i dont think it was 10k i remember more like 4k dds that is per one jumplink ofcourse if you meant multiple of then that would explain the high costs
i meant for example if you want jump links on map (for that to work well for attackers/defenders) you need multiple ones and i recall there being 10 per map hence the high cost.(yes now cost is lower but at first it was totally over 9k dds at least in my memories).

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
AroAce Mechanoid
i meant for example if you want jump links on map (for that to work well for attackers/defenders) you need multiple ones and i recall there being 10 per map hence the high cost.(yes now cost is lower but at first it was totally over 9k dds at least in my memories).
i see that would explain what you meant especialy before farming dds was made as easy as it is now