Ranger DS

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
-.Z A N B A K U.-
Clan
II Vermillion II
is it possible to add a Disable/enable fog option in the settings?

i never liked fog since it covers almost the entire screen making everything blurry especially when you zoom out which is honestly super annoying, i would like to have the option to disable it in the settings

image.png

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
is it possible to add a Disable/enable fog option in the settings?

i never liked fog since it covers almost the entire screen making everything blurry especially when you zoom out which is honestly super annoying, i would like to have the option to disable it in the settings

View attachment 48367
I believe it's made on purpose bcs every single dino has different vision area, with rex having the biggest and ceo the smallest (it's actually logical bcs of the dino height). Removing it would make no sense tho

Ranger DS

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
-.Z A N B A K U.-
Clan
II Vermillion II
I believe it's made on purpose bcs every single dino has different vision area, with rex having the biggest and ceo the smallest (it's actually logical bcs of the dino height). Removing it would make no sense tho
no matter what dino you use when u zoom out all the way the fog will always be the same, it just blurs have the screen which is very annoying

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The fog is there to conserve performance. It helps to reduce rendered objects & details from far away. Low spec hardware would otherwise not able to play dino storm.

Ranger DS

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
-.Z A N B A K U.-
Clan
II Vermillion II
The fog is there to conserve performance. It helps to reduce rendered objects & details from far away. Low spec hardware would otherwise not able to play dino storm.
That's why adding a Disable/enable Fog option allows high end pc users to get the full experience and allow the low-end pc to play the game. its a win win situation

Domino

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
-
Can't you keep the performance aspect but remove the fog? In the Maujak Mountains, the snow is also very annoying.

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
.The_Harbinger.
Clan
Legends
Add optional settings, not everyone has a wired potato as pc.
It would be highly appreciated to have additional settings for stuff like this.
Game needs a refreshment from graphical updates to game content, while the recent updates seem like we are going towards the right direction for example with balance updates and gameplay changes regarding buildings we are also missing many more important QoL changes. And please do something about max lvl players, why do i have to grow white hair if i wish to switch to another dino or gun and have to go in such a painfully long process to farm while other people lower lvl than me can enjoy 4x drops? let alone waiting 2 days for a singular upgrade on top of all the other time spent getting the materials. I understand having to keep players busy but its not done in a pleasant process.

i sincerely have high hopes and do want this game to advance but i hope its not too late before players burn out

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Its not as simple as that as to add a button to disable fog or move it further out. Many other elements must change as well (terrain & vegetation grid sizing and render distance, and many more little details)
If it would be that simple the option would be there in the settings already or at least on "Ultra". Especially because there also elements that are serverwide like the dinosaur distance they are published to the clients.

So unfortunatly this is not possible.

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
.The_Harbinger.
Clan
Legends
is this limited by the engine the game uses? Pretty much every single game has settings available for situations like this. There are so many things that could charm up the game a little, things like sfx or soundtracks in general.
Event themed maps and sountracks and ambience sounds for example? Apart from the name there is nothing much for the player to differentiate events with the exception of dv ofc.

Speaking of QoL i spoke about earlier why is there no more sound settigns? for example why can i not lower or raise the music from the combat sound seperately? what if i want just a bit of music playing in the background but the important sounds can be chosen to be louder?

Another example: Why can i not rearrange dinos guns or the rest? Its very cluttered having to find the specific dinos you want, i could have my high lvl dinos appearing first and the lower lvls towards the end.

Why wouldnt there be Loadouts of some sort to dinos and guns? People could create a loadout for hunting and one for pvp for example so you can skip this painful process or removing and adding everything?

Why wouldnt there be crit rate % or dodge % when you check your stats page? how am i or anyone supposed to know how usefull an implant or tech actually is? how much armor perforation tech penetrates? Many core elements missing

This and much more could already be in the game and could be easily added in the future in a slow and careful pace although such stuff should already been here to some degree.

When was the last time we got a new dinosaur? I remember long ago someone brought this up including me and someone answered that its a very hard thing to do because there is many animations and stuff to be considered which ofc everyone understands but over the course of 13 years all we got is 1 new addition?

It really is an interesting concept and i have been playing pretty much since release with many ons and offs of course
but the lack of content and the inability to easily switch up combinations to make the game fun for the player because you have to go through a long and tedious process to lvl up your gear really hits hard.

By no means possible am i trying to be rude or anything along these lines but as a very old player i felt like expressing myself and i think i speak for many people in some way. I know its not so easy especially with a small group of people but any effort can go a long way even if it might not seem obvious. There is a reason this game survived for so many years so heres hoping to a brighter day.

Cheers and i cant wait for any upcoming development news

Last edited:

Domino

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
-
is this limited by the engine the game uses? Pretty much every single game has settings available for situations like this. There are so many things that could charm up the game a little, things like sfx or soundtracks in general.
Event themed maps and sountracks and ambience sounds for example? Apart from the name there is nothing much for the player to differentiate events with the exception of dv ofc.
Beside that you and me are complaining about the fog I've not seen many other people posting it on forum. So it might be to expensive to add with a little result. Most people won't care about the feature.

Why can i not rearrange dinos guns or the rest? Its very cluttered having to find the specific dinos you want, i could have my high lvl dinos appearing first and the lower lvls towards the end.
How many dinos do you have 😏
Just pressing the dino and instead of equipe a sub-menu opens op with 'Lvl 55', 'Lvl 20' and 'Lvl 3' would also be an option.

Why wouldnt there be Loadouts of some sort to dinos and guns? People could create a loadout for hunting and one for pvp for example so you can skip this painful process or removing and adding everything?
+1

Why wouldnt there be crit rate % or dodge % when you check your stats page? how am i or anyone supposed to know how usefull an implant or tech actually is? how much armor perforation tech penetrates? Many core elements missing
Points to % for game stats | Dino Storm Forum