Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
A few ideas.

First, a community challenge, something like "hunt 30,000 brontops this month" to get a special skin for doing so. IDK what's a good number, but devs can track who hunts how much, so I think this should be easily implementable. I think this should be counted across all servers, and so if you put a reasonable number then it'll make people work towards it because who doesn't want a special free skin? But please make this skin actually desirable

Secondly, for flash sales and fredex events, give players 5 options that you might add (so maybe devs post an announcement that they might add white feathers, aniversary lava, arterial muscle, digitalis engraving or black grey ring dots. Then, players must "vote" by (for example) using weapons. So for instance, kill as many mobs as possible with gatling to vote for white feathers, with pm for aniversary lava and so on. Then the top 1 or 2 weapons which scored the most kills, those weapons' corresponding skins are added in the flash sale/fredex event.

I think especially my 2nd idea is something that will solve multiple problems. In particular, players will be more active (either to cast their vote or to try and get the weapon to cast their vote which might mean they buy it with gold), devs will sell stuff that they KNOW players want to buy (more money for them) and players get some input in terms of what skins they want. Of course it is not new content, but I think these things are already in game (devs can track how many mobs you've killed, and for the 2nd idea you don't HAVE to do weapons, just something that engages players) so it should be easy to do.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Fire Glob
Clan
clanless
A few ideas.

First, a community challenge, something like "hunt 30,000 brontops this month" to get a special skin for doing so. IDK what's a good number, but devs can track who hunts how much, so I think this should be easily implementable. I think this should be counted across all servers, and so if you put a reasonable number then it'll make people work towards it because who doesn't want a special free skin? But please make this skin actually desirable

Secondly, for flash sales and fredex events, give players 5 options that you might add (so maybe devs post an announcement that they might add white feathers, aniversary lava, arterial muscle, digitalis engraving or black grey ring dots. Then, players must "vote" by (for example) using weapons. So for instance, kill as many mobs as possible with gatling to vote for white feathers, with pm for aniversary lava and so on. Then the top 1 or 2 weapons which scored the most kills, those weapons' corresponding skins are added in the flash sale/fredex event.

I think especially my 2nd idea is something that will solve multiple problems. In particular, players will be more active (either to cast their vote or to try and get the weapon to cast their vote which might mean they buy it with gold), devs will sell stuff that they KNOW players want to buy (more money for them) and players get some input in terms of what skins they want. Of course it is not new content, but I think these things are already in game (devs can track how many mobs you've killed, and for the 2nd idea you don't HAVE to do weapons, just something that engages players) so it should be easy to do.
Good concept but ur missing the fact that already many players that play active have almost every unique flash skin from sales therefore they can easily outbid with their points someone who doesn't already have the skin pattern. Maybe just instead make survey first in forum about skins and later for top 5 skins cast votes in game.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Good concept but ur missing the fact that already many players that play active have almost every unique flash skin from sales therefore they can easily outbid with their points someone who doesn't already have the skin pattern. Maybe just instead make survey first in forum about skins and later for top 5 skins cast votes in game.
How do you mean? In the 2nd idea I mean players must vote by killing with a certain weapon, killing a certain mob or doing quests in a map etc, the skins they have won't make much difference here

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Fire Glob
Clan
clanless
How do you mean? In the 2nd idea I mean players must vote by killing with a certain weapon, killing a certain mob or doing quests in a map etc, the skins they have won't make much difference here
I dont think you understand what I mean, If most ppl have already some sort of cake there is no need for them to vote and buy this cake again - and this will automatically make them outvote other cakes you get me now?

If 10 active new players vote for orange feathers but another 20 active old players who have already this skin will vote idk white green tribal, then tribal will come on sales and not feathers that new players want.

I hope u get it rn

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
I dont think you understand what I mean, If most ppl have already some sort of cake there is no need for them to vote and buy this cake again - and this will automatically make them outvote other cakes you get me now?

If 10 active new players vote for orange feathers but another 20 active old players who have already this skin will vote idk white green tribal, then tribal will come on sales and not feathers that new players want.

I hope u get it rn
Oh no no, I mean this voting system will only be for new skins. Nobody will have any of the skins. It's like asking someone what cake flavour you want then baking it fresh for them