piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
So clans are very barebone in dino storm and have been mostly the same since they got here. So since the new endgame update will make it so you buy supplies with dino funds i was thinking, why not add more onto that? (Maybe in a seperate update or smth)

- The Chat -
Discord has a feature where you can make your roles different color and all that, so i was thinking what if it was possible to do the same with the dino storm clans? For example leaders could be red or whatever other color and it would only affect the clan chat, not the global/local chat, something like GM's chat color, it's different than others. It'd be good and optional for clans as it'd be easier for leaders to lead the clan to victory.

- The Builds -
There could be a button added called "Clan builds" where it gives you a list of builds owned by the clan, it'd go really well with the new update where you can only attack at certain times and it'd be easier to manage the gates like that. It'd show a list of gates in such a way (this is one gate, more would go below it in a list):

idealol.png

- Clan Logs -
Clan logs would be a good feature to prevent confusion inside the clan, right hands and leaders would be allowed to have a new window where they can see all the things that happened inside the clan, would look similar to previous build idea, except it's who did what (to who). Things such as fame given, boosters given, members kicked/accepted/promoted, who supplied what, all that. It'd be great and yet again a nice feature to manage the clans better and easier instead of having to go thru the entire process manually of asking every single person what they did. (Feature that things such as yet again discord have). Would look similar to this:

idea2lol.png

- Vote kicks -
(I'm not sure about this idea, however i'll throw it in just because, i don't know if this is a good idea or not.)
There have been incidents where a leader just leaves the game or tries to destroy their own clan, so here's the idea
Right hands have a vote where they can collectively vote kick the leader out of the clan and only the right hands can vote, if one of them votes "No", the vote is cancelled. There would be a vote cooldown of around a week or maybe more, i'm not sure, but it could prevent some unpleasant situations, that of course comes at a price of this feature being very abused to overtake clans and destroying them.

Jormungandr

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Jormungandr..
Clan
- Dxrk Rise -
So clans are very barebone in dino storm and have been mostly the same since they got here. So since the new endgame update will make it so you buy supplies with dino funds i was thinking, why not add more onto that? (Maybe in a seperate update or smth)

- The Chat -
Discord has a feature where you can make your roles different color and all that, so i was thinking what if it was possible to do the same with the dino storm clans? For example leaders could be red or whatever other color and it would only affect the clan chat, not the global/local chat, something like GM's chat color, it's different than others. It'd be good and optional for clans as it'd be easier for leaders to lead the clan to victory.

- The Builds -
There could be a button added called "Clan builds" where it gives you a list of builds owned by the clan, it'd go really well with the new update where you can only attack at certain times and it'd be easier to manage the gates like that. It'd show a list of gates in such a way (this is one gate, more would go below it in a list):

View attachment 46673

- Clan Logs -
Clan logs would be a good feature to prevent confusion inside the clan, right hands and leaders would be allowed to have a new window where they can see all the things that happened inside the clan, would look similar to previous build idea, except it's who did what (to who). Things such as fame given, boosters given, members kicked/accepted/promoted, who supplied what, all that. It'd be great and yet again a nice feature to manage the clans better and easier instead of having to go thru the entire process manually of asking every single person what they did. (Feature that things such as yet again discord have). Would look similar to this:

View attachment 46674

- Vote kicks -
(I'm not sure about this idea, however i'll throw it in just because, i don't know if this is a good idea or not.)
There have been incidents where a leader just leaves the game or tries to destroy their own clan, so here's the idea
Right hands have a vote where they can collectively vote kick the leader out of the clan and only the right hands can vote, if one of them votes "No", the vote is cancelled. There would be a vote cooldown of around a week or maybe more, i'm not sure, but it could prevent some unpleasant situations, that of course comes at a price of this feature being very abused to overtake clans and destroying them.
Very good idea

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
Anything I read which destroys big alliances is music to my ears

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan

- The Chat -

- The Builds -

View attachment 46673

- Clan Logs -

View attachment 46674

- Vote kicks -
Soon the developer appears saying that the team is small and that it would be very difficult to make this update and that it would take a long time to complete

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Clan Logs, hmmmmm does remind me of another game from us somehow...........

Vote kicks are pretty darn risky, multi accounts, purchased accounts, and other social pressuring to make ppl comply with someone. it is not like the dinostorm players do not already play internal politics.

Chat colors, uuuuuuuh, I guess the GMs would like to have a word there too, from Haye we do not even talk here (got told sooooooo many times to make me appear as dev in chat :D)

About the listing of clan held buildings that i like, but can not say about how problematic the implementation would be. I could argue that the map alraedy kinda works like that, but rather limited.

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
Clan logs are needed cuz once I lost my team of 57 members and luckily, I had contact with more than of half of them in disc and yet till now I can't figure out which traitor did it. I got PTSD on promoting new officers for my clan cuz of only that one experience I faced and my people keep asking me why don't I promote more officers but bruh, it just became harder to trust somebody. Then players say it's fault of leaders for promoting others in the loss but it's not easy to keep in check when there's more than 40+ players in a clan

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Clan logs are needed cuz once I lost my team of 57 members and luckily, I had contact with more than of half of them in disc and yet till now I can't figure out which traitor did it. I got PTSD on promoting new officers for my clan cuz of only that one experience I faced and my people keep asking me why don't I promote more officers but bruh, it just became harder to trust somebody. Then players say it's fault of leaders for promoting others in the loss but it's not easy to keep in check when there's more than 40+ players in a clan
When out of a clan you can not look into the clan log, that is something dedicated to the clan. So nothing to win after such a thing.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Clan Logs, hmmmmm does remind me of another game from us somehow...........

Vote kicks are pretty darn risky, multi accounts, purchased accounts, and other social pressuring to make ppl comply with someone. it is not like the dinostorm players do not already play internal politics.

Chat colors, uuuuuuuh, I guess the GMs would like to have a word there too, from Haye we do not even talk here (got told sooooooo many times to make me appear as dev in chat :D)

About the listing of clan held buildings that i like, but can not say about how problematic the implementation would be. I could argue that the map alraedy kinda works like that, but rather limited.
Oooh a big responce, love it, thanks for responding!

In terms of clan logs i don't play any other games that much, i tried getting into pirate galaxy but it just didn't work with me, i prefer dinosaurs much but i'm guesisng it's from PG. However if you guys did clan logs before it'd be amazing to do them in dino storm and it'd be a really good feature i'm sure nobody could complain about

Vote kicks are VERY risky, that's exactly why i put it at the bottom and colored it red, it can be abused very easily and it could screw clans up

Chat colors would be clan chat restricted, it's so leaders and high ranked members stand out more during wars for easier communication an leading, it wouldn't apprear anywhere else outside the clan, maybe it could even be some rank like [Leader] or something, just anything to make the messages stand out during war times really, it'd improve communication by a lot

The buildings list is quite complicated i agree, but i believe it's possible, map is very limited and does not update unless you move your mouse away and hover again (Which can be troublesome with a lot of DDs lost near it or if there's a quest mark next to it), also it's a bit of a problem when a clan has a lot of buildings and suddenly realizes they lost some because they didn't pay attention on an already big map

Yet again thanks for the responce and i really appreciate it

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
When out of a clan you can not look into the clan log, that is something dedicated to the clan. So nothing to win after such a thing.
I hope that feature ends up in dino storm, it'd be great to have and would help a lot, sure maybe you can screenshot it or whatever, but what happened happened, most of it is public knowledge anyways, or a clan knowledge, it'd be screenshotted anyway, but it'd help leaders/right hands a lot if they knew who gives what away in case of a sudden unknown loss of fame items or clan funds, or in case of a liked member getting kicked out and now nobody knows who and when kicked them out

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Oooh a big responce, love it, thanks for responding!

In terms of clan logs i don't play any other games that much, i tried getting into pirate galaxy but it just didn't work with me, i prefer dinosaurs much but i'm guesisng it's from PG. However if you guys did clan logs before it'd be amazing to do them in dino storm and it'd be a really good feature i'm sure nobody could complain about
Oh there is about 5 years or more inbetween the clans from PG and DS were made, so might look similar but under the hood not even closly related. but instantly reminded me of that :D The list of things that might be tracked with that log, could emberasse some clan leaders pretty much :D

Vote kicks are VERY risky, that's exactly why i put it at the bottom and colored it red, it can be abused very easily and it could screw clans up
Very super duper mega uber risky, and honestly i struggle to see the real usecase there other than kicking out an unliked leader. As old players get kicked after 50 days of not logging in, so to mee more risky than any possible win, afaics.

Chat colors would be clan chat restricted, it's so leaders and high ranked members stand out more during wars for easier communication an leading, it wouldn't apprear anywhere else outside the clan, maybe it could even be some rank like [Leader] or something, just anything to make the messages stand out during war times really, it'd improve communication by a lot
It could be easy, but that is just a guess from my side, not knowing the actual implementation.

The buildings list is quite complicated i agree, but i believe it's possible, map is very limited and does not update unless you move your mouse away and hover again (Which can be troublesome with a lot of DDs lost near it or if there's a quest mark next to it), also it's a bit of a problem when a clan has a lot of buildings and suddenly realizes they lost some because they didn't pay attention on an already big map

Yet again thanks for the responce and i really appreciate it
Well you just see one map, but the thing with live updates is they are really really performance heavy on network and server, as the information gets not just send to you, but to all players that are currently online at the time and that sums up pretty darn quick.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Oh there is about 5 years or more inbetween the clans from PG and DS were made, so might look similar but under the hood not even closly related. but instantly reminded me of that :D The list of things that might be tracked with that log, could emberasse some clan leaders pretty much :D
Ah, yea it'd be still a great feature to add in ds imo, i'm sure others would love it too, even my friend who's really great at leading n stuff told me it'd be a good thing to have, but now i'm quite interested to see how the clan logs even look like ngl

Very super duper mega uber risky, and honestly i struggle to see the real usecase there other than kicking out an unliked leader. As old players get kicked after 50 days of not logging in, so to mee more risky than any possible win, afaics.
Yup. Exactly why i put it at the very bottom, added it into the idea just because i had it on my mind but i knew it's not a good idea, so makes sense why you struggle to see it.

It could be easy, but that is just a guess from my side, not knowing the actual implementation.
Yeah i did code a bit before so since GM have it then maybe it'd be possible to implement in some way

Well you just see one map, but the thing with live updates is they are really really performance heavy on network and server, as the information gets not just send to you, but to all players that are currently online at the time and that sums up pretty darn quick.
Okay i'll be honest i forgot about that completely, that is a fair point, the data would fill up more than 80 players in one spot lol. What about the maps though? How do they keep up with sending so much data? Is it client sided? Also maybe this feature could be client sided or something where it only gets the data that the player already can see on the map and just shows it in a different screen?

Draxth

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
- Draxth -
Clan
Infinite Order
its been shared with the development team.
well i guess its only shared once again, forum admins tells the devs but devs never apply these

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
well i guess its only shared once again, forum admins tells the devs but devs never apply these
So your expectation is, i say something and the devs have to implement it 1:1 into the game and in an instant?

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
So your expectation is, i say something and the devs have to implement it 1:1 into the game and in an instant?
I think a good way to explain that is that the entire community is content starved xD We all want some new cool stuff into DS because we love the game and have for over 10 years (Well at least me) Personally i love that you guys are getting back into updating DS and the recent updates are very solid and the community is loving em so far, we just want you guys to keep going because DS is improving by a huge margin, making a lot more fun instead of adding higher and higher levels for whatever reason, we all want content however the possibilities are limited, the team is limited, servers are limited too so it's quite an issue to implement a good idea

Draxth

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
- Draxth -
Clan
Infinite Order
never asked for instant, suggestions never been applied since the forum exist

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
if relatively "simple" suggestions like the one in this topic, it is already a big problem and challenge to make,
I don't really know what kind of suggestions players should make 😂

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
if relatively "simple" suggestions like the one in this topic, it is already a big problem and challenge to make,
I don't really know what kind of suggestions players should make 😂
Do you know the underlying tech, the structures, the habits and workarounds that are in place? It is quite easy to say oh what we demand is so simple, when you are just watching at stuff from the outside.
I am not neck deep in the code of the game and have just some rather superficial impresisons of how things work and how it is done, but that is sometimes already a big thing to see that there is just nothing as easy as imagined about it.

There is a difference between "here is a suggestion that i think would benefit the game and the community" or a plain emotional blackmailing with "do stuff or else it will hit the mental health". I just respond with the feedback based on my impression of what is wanted and what issues might arise from it or due to it. I can also not say anything at all, that is totally up to you.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
Do you know the underlying tech, the structures, the habits and workarounds that are in place? It is quite easy to say oh what we demand is so simple, when you are just watching at stuff from the outside.
I am not neck deep in the code of the game and have just some rather superficial impresisons of how things work and how it is done, but that is sometimes already a big thing to see that there is just nothing as easy as imagined about it.

There is a difference between "here is a suggestion that i think would benefit the game and the community" or a plain emotional blackmailing with "do stuff or else it will hit the mental health". I just respond with the feedback based on my impression of what is wanted and what issues might arise from it or due to it. I can also not say anything at all, that is totally up to you.
That's why I put "simple" in quotation marks.
The "simple" refers to what would change in the game, if suggestions like this are already a problem, then what are the chances of more complex suggestions being taken seriously?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
That's why I put "simple" in quotation marks.
The "simple" refers to what would change in the game, if suggestions like this are already a problem, then what are the chances of more complex suggestions being taken seriously?
It is taken serious, but it should also come with the appropriate amount of patience.
Yes in theory everyhing is possible but it is just that based on what it is or the scope of it, it is more difficult, it is more expensive or just takes a freaking lot of time.
Also while when you suggest a change, does that already include all sideeffects and outfalls that would come with it, because that has to be taken into the consideration too, but is often left out.

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
Hire me. or i will work as a volontary. i have experience with unity and the c# language. 3d modelling, rigging and animating also isnt a problem. Just give me a week of worktraining to sort of switch from c# to java since they are similar.

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
and furthermore instead of pumping out content which is needed and is a good thing, why dont you work on the backend a bit. c++ should be the standard by now and many other server performance issues could be resolved if the code isnt 100 spagetti unreadable code which prob it isnt. Lets make a poll and see how many would agree to stick to a game for a bit for a possibly bright future. im sure im not the only one. All of this could be better if we got regular news, status update and just interactions with the community.