MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Is Brachiosaurus now any good? at anything at all?

Share your experience with me.

My experience is the following:
  • While Brachiosaurus might seem the most good suitable option to combine with Claws implant, Carnotaurus, Ceolophysis, Parasaurolophus have shown better results, and even T-Rex that keep blowing off multiple targets and prevent the use of claws still shown better results. It's just a slow killer that can't sustain heavy damage by multiple targets while others literally can.
  • Even against Monstrous opponent during events, Ankylosaurus while combined with Showstopper and their double stuns was a massive success.
  • As for PvP, its heal points are nothing compared to heavy damage by the likes of T-Rex or Carnosaurus, no matter what I try to stop them, even Coelophysis & Pachycephalosaurus can beat it, but after long harassment from long range., if it doesn't have a long range weapon, and if it does. Literally anyone else can beat it for its low speed. Against Parasaurolophus, combat doesn't end, and against Centrosaurus, Brachiosaurus will always die before it can take out its heal points.
  • Both its skills have extremely long cooldown, with relatively low damage compared to other, and both effects generated by these skills can be countered, confuse by stability and Absorb by penetration, not that penetration is even needed against 20% Absorb effect, but even when you combine that 20% with a level55 armor implant, penetration tech still take the whole armor down, what? I am supposed to pray that my opponent doesn't use Penetration tech or I lose? you call that balance?
  • Speaking about 20% Armor resistance that can only be activated after 10 + 38 additional = 48 seconds cool down and forget PvP, think about PvE for a second. How much good comes from using this in hunt? Even Parasaurolophus as an allrounder is better Tank than Brachiosaurus will ever be, and yes I tested it. A pack of alpha smilodons that was recently added killed Brachiosaurus even with its armor/absorb effect combination case in few seconds, while same pack wasn't able to effectively lower Parasaurolophus heal points while its dodge effect combined with agility implant was activated. That's also not balanced.
Yeah, I would really like someone to come and share their experience with me, and with videos if possible. Maybe I am just another old & bad retired player who knows nothing much about the game anymore.

P.S. I spoke my thoughts about the update in general, but it was ignored. And because I stopped caring, I couldn't test things for myself and just let them do whatever they please, so I hope none complain about why I write this now. I'm just curious if anyone else have notice this as I did; that Brachiosaurus is utterly useless.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
The problem with tanks is their endurance and cooldown, especially their defensive abilities, these should last less to avoid that disadvantage that causes stability.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Parasaurolophus heal points while its dodge effect combined with agility implant was activated. That's also not balanced.
Yes i have seen it and test, but no one tests parasaurolophus except 2-3 and me on my server, but not much problem with parasaur because it is weak against pachycephalosaurus (the most used dinosaur today). Personally not a bad or unbalanced dinosaur.

Last edited:

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Yes i have seen it and test, but no one tests parasaurolophus except 2-3 and me on my server, but not much problem with parasaur because it is weak against pachycephalosaurus (the most used dinosaur today). Personally not a bad or unbalanced dinosaur.
I don't think Paraurolophus is strong, I think Brachiosaurus is very very weak

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I don't think Paraurolophus is strong, I think Brachiosaurus is very very weak
Parasaurus is a pretty normal and balanced dinosaur (from my point of view).

And brachiosaurus, I agree, needs some changes.

The problem with tanks is their endurance and cooldown, especially their defensive abilities, these should last less to avoid that disadvantage that causes stability.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
i have tested brachy only in test in close range vs rex, it was losing most of the time after getting lower hp and reflection tech was reflecting less dmg

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
from my point of view devs also should tell what are advantages, disadvantages and tips how to use certain dinos and guns, as final acceptance of balance is made by them and i dont talk about tips like "brachy has high hp, but low speed", im talking about more specific uses, lets say against which dino/gun brachy is better and how to use him to get advantage and about rest dinos/guns too

another thing as i remember in ptr tanks were op bcs of high hp and then it got out that reflection tech was reflecting too much dmg, so maybe overall vitality of tanks was fine in the beginning and could be returned?

as others already said, brachy's skills have way too long cooldown, specially as @MX Power said both skill effects can be countered